Pre-Game Talk: Season Opens on Wednesday as we raise another banner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
Excited for the season to start. It also makes the workday more bearable :hyper:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I'm pumped to go to the game tonight.

I hope the novelty of the new season doesn't dissipate too quickly as our bottom six will be tough to watch.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Gonna be a rough stretch of games with our bottom-6 missing legit centers. Hope the big guns can carry us until JR and Sully settle on a solution and go and get him.

Not necessarily worried, but definitely expecting the bottom-6 to be a big issue until we make a trade.

schommer75

Oct 2, 2010
Do you guys happen to know if the banner raising will start at 7 or does the game start at 7 (banner raising at 6:30 or something like that) can't seem to find info and don't want to miss it (might put my son to bed early haha)

Edit: I'm central time zone so add an hour for you locals

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Do you guys happen to know if the banner raising will start at 7 or does the game start at 7 (banner raising at 6:30 or something like that) can't seem to find info and don't want to miss it (might put my son to bed early haha)

Edit: I'm central time zone so add an hour for you locals

Well, it's the NHL, so when it says 8pm EST start and there's some kind of ceremony beforehand, expect the game to start in January.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Blues fan here in peace. Are you guys ready? I think you all will like Reaves. I don't expect him to be too disrespectful to his former club ;)

Good luck, here's hoping it's at least a close game!

EDIT: That winky emoji is gross.

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
I'm not terribly worried about the Bottom 6. Our Bottom 6 Wingers will be, at worst, average and probably quite good. I think we have a stockpile of Centres who can fill the 4C role with no issues. It's just that glaring 3C. We may find we have yet another surprise player who steps up into the role but if not, the importance of a strong 3rd line doesn't really come into play until the playoffs. We'll find a good 3C at the deadline if we have to.

Rusty Razor

Jun 25, 2017
I think part of the problem with the bottom six looking bad right now is Hornqvist being out. Even with the weak center depth 2 of the three of Hagelin/Rust/Hornqvist makes a pretty good third line.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Sunny opening up the season as the Blues 3rd line center.

It will be interesting to see how Mckegg and Sunny look against each other if that's the match up Sully wants.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I also get why he's not on the arts/human interest beat. Imaging reading Josh Getzoff on German "art" movies and human suffering.... :shakehead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad