Pre-Game Talk: Season Opens on Wednesday as we raise another banner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I predict a placid, patient and intelligent next few weeks/months around here as JR works to find the right guy for the 3C spot.

Your sarcasm game is as strong as your prediction game is weak.

Oh... and raise another one, I guess. Ho hum. This shit is getting so routine that it's just boring.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It would be funny if Sundqvist was the 3C with a fully healthy Blues roster. But considering guys like Fabbri (who I think they wanted to try at center) and Berglund are both injured, that might just have something to do with him getting that spot on opening night?

Man, you guys are ruthless.

Half of the forum was saying Sundqvist was a bust a couple weeks ago. Yet he is playing center on an NHL roster on opening night against us. That is all I'm saying. It is ironic.

Is he going to last there, who knows?

He still could've helped out here.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Man, you guys are ruthless.

Half of the forum was saying Sundqvist was a bust a couple weeks ago. Yet he is playing center on an NHL roster on opening night against us. That is all I'm saying. It is ironic.

Is he going to last there, who knows?

He still could've helped out here.

I don't remember anyone saying Sundqvist was 'a bust' (isn't he like a 4th round pick? can 4th rounders be 'busts'?). At most, I remember people saying "the Penguins decided he wasn't in their plans" or "the Penguins don't think he's any good."

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I don't remember anyone saying Sundqvist was 'a bust' (isn't he like a 4th round pick? can 4th rounders be 'busts'?). At most, I remember people saying "the Penguins decided he wasn't in their plans" or "the Penguins don't think he's any good."

Someone literally compared him to Pouliot like two days ago.

All I said is it is ironic the center prospect we traded is a third line center against us on opening night. And then four people attack me as if it is the most outlandish statement ever said.

I don't see how the irony of the situation is lost. Obviously, injuries have been a reason, but we need a 3C and the player we traded is playing 3C. That is all.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The circumstances that are putting him in the lineup are helping him look a bit "better" than he is. Probably. But I mean... he is in the lineup. And many around here when he was dished were basically treating the guy like he was utterly worthless and not even worth talking about.

I think he's a fourth liner. But I put the "probably" in the above paragraph because frankly I don't really know, for sure. I don't believe that anyone has seen enough of him at the NHL level to say with absolute certainty.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
The circumstances that are putting him in the lineup are helping him look a bit "better" than he is. Probably. But I mean... he is in the lineup. And many around here when he was dished were basically treating the guy like he was utterly worthless and not even worth talking about.

I think he's a fourth liner. But I put the "probably" in the above paragraph because frankly I don't really know, for sure. I don't believe that anyone has seen enough of him at the NHL level to say with absolute certainty.

I'm not even saying he is a better option than McKegg at this point, just that is ironic we traded a player that is literally playing as a 3C on another team right now when we needed a 3C.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm not even saying he is a better option than McKegg at this point, just that is ironic we traded a player that is literally playing as a 3C on another team right now when we needed a 3C.

I mean... I don't really disagree with you. I saw the same thing myself earlier and had a giggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad