Pre-Game Talk: Season Opens on Wednesday as we raise another banner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon877130

Sep 27, 2017
How is Sundqvist starting the year at 3C for the Blues ironic? Maybe it's coincidental, but ironic? He's only playing 3C there because Berglund is out until December and Sundqvist brought the Penguins plague with him to St. Louis.

The only reason Sundqvist is starting the year at 3C is because Berglund is hurt and Sobotka is playing LW with Statsny and Tarasenko. They're loading up their top-6 the same way the Penguins are.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Heard that the ceremony will start at 7;45 pm, and they expect puck drop by 8:05pm.

Empoleon877130

Sep 27, 2017
We need a third line center and our best center prospect is stepping up as a 3C on the team we traded him to literally on opening night.

Irony.

How can you say that Sundqvist is any of:

A. Our best center prospect?
B. Stepping up in the 3C role?

How do you know he's not doing the same thing McKegg is doing, just playing at 3C because the Blues have nothing else there? You're just assuming that Sundqvist is playing as well as a 3C so you have another thing to complain about, when in reality he's basically doing the same thing that McKegg is doing. He's a fringe 4th line center playing 3C on a team that doesn't have a 3C.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Really? I feel like the game didn't start until 5:30 last year.

Guess we are getting good at the raise the banner thing.
An NHL game starting on time... HA! I'll believe it when I see it.

One major credit to football and baseball. First pitch/kickoff is always on point.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
How can you say that Sundqvist is any of:

A. Our best center prospect?
B. Stepping up in the 3C role?

How do you know he's not doing the same thing McKegg is doing, just playing at 3C because the Blues have nothing else there? You're just assuming that Sundqvist is playing as well as a 3C so you have another thing to complain about, when in reality he's basically doing the same thing that McKegg is doing. He's a fringe 4th line center playing 3C on a team that doesn't have a 3C.

Isn't it ironic?

Empoleon877130

Sep 27, 2017
Isn't it ironic?

No, it would be ironic if Sundqvist started becoming a tough guy fighter with St. Louis and Reaves was completely ineffective as a source of toughness. That would be ironic, the guy you traded to bring in toughness ended up being the tough guy, while the guy you brought in was soft.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
No, it would be ironic if Sundqvist started becoming a tough guy fighter with St. Louis and Reaves was completely ineffective as a source of toughness. That would be ironic, the guy you traded to bring in toughness ended up being the tough guy, while the guy you brought in was soft.

It is ironic because most of us had Sundqvist pencilled in as a future 3C and now when we desperately need a center he is playing that role on the team we traded him to on opening night. It is contrary to what we believed would happen with Sundqvist and I for one find humor in it.

Hopefully Reaves scores a goal because he works Oskar.

schommer75

Oct 2, 2010
An NHL game starting on time... HA! I'll believe it when I see it.

One major credit to football and baseball. First pitch/kickoff is always on point.

Growing up in North Dakota and watching Fighting Sioux/Hawks games they always had puck drop 7 minutes after the hour/half hour
They'd start on time every single game and still get the anthem/starting lineups in the broadcast
I always liked never getting lied to ha

Reactions: ColePens

Empoleon877130

Sep 27, 2017
I mean, if Sundqvist was actually a 3C caliber player and not just doing for the Blues what McKegg is doing for the Penguins, you'd have a point. But that's not true, he's just a warm body there because their 3C is out and they're playing another center in their top-6 as a winger until Steen gets back. If Pouliot is playing in a top-4 role for Vancouver just because Vancouver has a bunch of injuries, would it be ironic that we traded him because he's a top-4 D and the Penguins could use a top-4 D?

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I mean, if Sundqvist was actually a 3C caliber player and not just doing for the Blues what McKegg is doing for the Penguins, you'd have a point. But that's not true, he's just a warm body there because their 3C is out and they're playing another center in their top-6 as a winger until Steen gets back. If Pouliot is playing in a top-4 role for Vancouver just because Vancouver has a bunch of injuries, would it be ironic that we traded him because he's a top-4 D and the Penguins could use a top-4 D?

I come in peace !!! The Penguins have been my second team for over 20 years so I lurk here often, this post is correct, Both Sobo and Bergland would be our 3rd Center if our roster was healthy. Please take it easy on us tonight as with our injuries the third line is going to be rough.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Heard that the ceremony will start at 7;45 pm, and they expect puck drop by 8:05pm.

They did say they want people in their seats at 7:45 but I'd be shocked if the puck drops at 8:05. Even putting aside that they'll be doing a whole ceremony plus player introductions it's an NBC game and those rarely start before 8:15.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It is ironic because most of us had Sundqvist pencilled in as a future 3C and now when we desperately need a center he is playing that role on the team we traded him to on opening night. It is contrary to what we believed would happen with Sundqvist and I for one find humor in it.

Hopefully Reaves scores a goal because he works Oskar.

It would be funny if Sundqvist was the 3C with a fully healthy Blues roster. But considering guys like Fabbri (who I think they wanted to try at center) and Berglund are both injured, that might just have something to do with him getting that spot on opening night?

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
I come in peace !!! The Penguins have been my second team for over 20 years so I lurk here often, this post is correct, Both Sobo and Bergland would be our 3rd Center if our roster was healthy. Please take it easy on us tonight as with our injuries the third line is going to be rough.
Thanks for the information. Tonight should be fun. Hockey is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad