GDT: Season Opener! Game #1: Canucks @ Sharks || Oct 3/13 7PM PDT TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogZilla

Mar 31, 2013
Last year 76.7% of teams that lost their first game didn't make the post-season, year before that it was 83.3%. There is good reason to panic if we lose this one, especially in a blowout.

troll logic

So we'd have a better year if we started the season against Calgary?

Kind of a scary stat when we're starting the season against a team that's had our number lately.

pdefenestrator

Dec 12, 2006
Raleigh, NC
I'm out of town right now and only have access to an iPhone and iPad. Do the streams posted by the op work on iOS devices? If not, any other ways I can watch the game?

This is of course not in reference to the question about the streams specifically, which probably shouldn't be mentioned in GDTs, but...

Take a look at an app called the Puffin Browser. It is a cloud browser capable of playing many flash based streams. depending on which stream you choose, you can usually find one that works with puffin.

If you are content to listen, download the bell media app. they stream team1040.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Game Day!

Not very optimistic about the outcome but I'm glad to be getting going.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
I love watching the canucks, but I don't have any expectations, this season. Anything they can manage is bonus with so many obstacles to overcome. I will be delighted if they reach the playoffs.

Luongo's play is of particular interest, to me, in the first ten games. I think he will be the determining factor most night. It should be evident early on if he can make a difference.

The preseason reminded me of the Canucks' shot blocking attempts in the playoffs. I do not believe this is advantageous. I know it's a league wide trend. I have seen the attempts and they were awkward. Of course, they were all much younger, then.

Tortorella is saddled with an atrocious line up. I hope it isn't because he only uses two five man units and everybody else sits? Maybe all the shot blocking is done by the bottom six and Tanev? On paper this is the worst the team has looked in years! No depth, either.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
I love watching the canucks, but I don't have any expectations, this season. Anything they can manage is bonus with so many obstacles to overcome. I will be delighted if they reach the playoffs.

Luongo's play is of particular interest, to me, in the first ten games. I think he will be the determining factor most night. It should be evident early on if he can make a difference.

The preseason reminded me of the Canucks' shot blocking attempts in the playoffs. I do not believe this is advantageous. I know it's a league wide trend. I have seen the attempts and they were awkward. Of course, they were all much younger, then.

Tortorella is saddled with an atrocious line up. I hope it isn't because he only uses two five man units and everybody else sits? Maybe all the shot blocking is done by the bottom six and Tanev? On paper this is the worst the team has looked in years! No depth, either.

I remember not too long ago opening the season with Bolduc, Desbiens and Peter Schaefer on the roster.

rebel diamond

Sep 2, 2008
Toronto
Ugh that fourth line. I can't wait until Kassian and/or Schroeder get back and we can put Sestito back in the press box where he belongs, and eventually ice an NHL-calibre fourth line of Weise-Santorelli-Richardson.

Excited to get a good look at Stanton though, he's gonna come out hard, with Corrado coming back soon he's fighting for a lineup spot.

Kirk Mclean

Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver
Last year 76.7% of teams that lost their first game didn't make the post-season, year before that it was 83.3%. There is good reason to panic if we lose this one, especially in a blowout.

troll logic

The last time the Canucks won a season opener was the 08/09 season. 06/07 was the last time we won one on the road. You think we'd be used to losing the first game. Although 06/07 was the last time we actually opened the season on the road....not that it means jack **** for the current team....I sound like Gord Miller now.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
5-1 Sharks.

Couture x2
Boyle
Shephard
Pavelski

Hansen

Remember guys, it's October.

When's the last time Luongo and the Canucks have had a good october?

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Couture's fired up for the new season:
naked-mole.jpg

Wetcoaster

Remember guys, it's October.

When's the last time Luongo and the Canucks have had a good october?
Except Luongo is motivated - a bad October could put his Sochi Gold medal in jeopardy.

Oh yeah and Tortorella will not stand for it - he might install more doors at the players bench if it happens. ;)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I bet you he gets the sharks like 3 powerplays by himself. And we get zero

Yeah, I'm standing by my prediction.

Awesome GDT!

I'll go against the flow here. 2-1 Canucks. We get out PP'd 4-0, but Luongo stands on his head and Burrows scores at least one.

The preseason did nothing to soothe my concerns about how we'll be treated by the officials this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad