Pre-Game Talk: Season opener @ Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupersonicMonkey*

So Duclair made the cut? I guess I was wrong about that. I thought they would stick him in the AHL this year...

I should say I am happy that the kids are cracking the roster....

He can't play in the AHL this year. He was drafted out of the CHL. He can't play in the AHL until the Ramparts' season ends.

TankLarkin

Will Cuylle is Ready.
Mar 3, 2012
Rochester, NY
How great would it be if Duclair played like he played in preseason on a consistent basis. Not counting on it but it's certainly possible. Would really put Rangers in a good place.

Wish there was a spot for McIlrath. Could use the toughness. press box not the place for him though.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
14th amazing lol

We'll be in the Conference Final at worst again this year
3rd time in 4 seasons and still no one thinks we're any good lol

McDonagh27

Aug 3, 2005
Canada
Every ranking I see has the Habs ahead of us. WHY?? We have a better D corps, better Gs and better Fwds... haters gon' hate

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
I don't understand it at all either :shakehead

ill give you a few generic reasons.

not everyone is all that enamored with a 38 yr old dan boyle.

tanner glass and ryan malone. same

removing stralman, brian boyle- who was seriously under appreciated around here and benny removed a fair amount of last years success.

a broken leg for derek stepan.

and were an aging, undersized team relatively speaking. built for a run right now.

i mean, as a fan i disagree, but i can see where they are coming from.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Losing them won't be the death but they weren't replaced, they plugged in lesser players in both spots.

thats very debatable. stralman had great possession numbers but D boyle is better on the powerplay and id argue better in his own zone where stralman would struggle. as far as brian boyle goes i think we will replace his PK ability with Stepan stempniak and fast taking more time. offensively boyle is easily replaced. Richards is replaced easily by miller.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Nash was snakebit in the playoffs, i agree. But he was very good otherwise.

McDonagh may very well compete for the Norris. He is a superstar in the making.

What about Nash's shot, though? He looked very good in camp. Leaner. Quicker. Healthy.

he looks younger shaved. and leaner, yes. quicker? not so sure on that one. the shot still looks sick.

his playoffs were ok. he tried hard and thats well, um.... good i guess. he couldnt score. period.

his shot was non existent. no power. slow. lethargic. no snap. lots of deflections and blocks. very predictable. always falling down. he was non productive and thats bad.

so far in camp, he looks leaner and younger but still shows signs of a wet noodle shot. he seriously shoots it like a cheerleader in heels.

im pretty sure for a guy that size, hes got the worst shot on the entire team. dude just cannot shoot it anymore. should have a cannon instead hes got a crossman 760. :laugh:

goals = shots

his shot lately wont score many.

hope im wrong.

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
ill give you a few generic reasons.

not everyone is all that enamored with a 38 yr old dan boyle.

tanner glass and ryan malone. same

removing stralman, brian boyle- who was seriously under appreciated around here and benny removed a fair amount of last years success.

a broken leg for derek stepan.

and were an aging, undersized team relatively speaking. built for a run right now.

i mean, as a fan i disagree, but i can see where they are coming from.

Average age is 27.88....gotta disagree with that reasoning

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Losing them won't be the death but they weren't replaced, they plugged in lesser players in both spots.

wouldn't say lesser.

I'd classify both replacements as different.

Boyle will generate more offensive chances than Stralman could or did. But my not be as solid on the puck possession side of things.

Stempniak will also generate more offence than Boyle. Again, losing a defensve presence for an offensive player.

Both buys that have come in are better offensively than the guys we let walk.

So, better? Nah. Different? Absolutely.

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
well relatively speaking,

32 and older

ryan malone
dom moore
msl
dan boyle
henrick

were not old but were aging and have some grey beards for sure.

-Malone- will barely play, if at all

-I'll take Dom Moore as my 4th line center over almost any other 4c in the league

-MSL? sure in calendar years he is 39 or whatever, but he plays like he is 27

-Boyle- the jury is still out...I'll give you that

-henrick? is that the same as Henrik? 32 year old top 3 goalie is a bad thing?

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
-Malone- will barely play, if at all

-I'll take Dom Moore as my 4th line center over almost any other 4c in the league

-MSL? sure in calendar years he is 39 or whatever, but he plays like he is 27

-Boyle- the jury is still out...I'll give you that

-henrick? is that the same as Henrik? 32 year old top 3 goalie is a bad thing?

lol.

come on. hank. hows that. geez :shakehead

i said age only. nothing more.

good players can be talented players. we agree.

the league looks at us as a one hit wonder. they doubt our ability to return to the scf. if im on the outside looking in, i can see why. i dont agree but i can see it.

players seem older than they really are when theyve been around a long time. this is hanks 10th year. :amazed:

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
We've been one of the youngest teams in the NHL for quite some time now... your investments have to pay off at some point, otherwise they're just futures.

I feel like we have a nice blend of youth and vets and are poised for another deep run.

If the league feels we're too old, or not dangerous enough, I say "Great! Let them underestimate us."

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
lol.

come on. hank. hows that. geez :shakehead

i said age only. nothing more.

good players can be talented players. we agree.

the league looks at us as a one hit wonder. they doubt our ability to return to the scf. if im on the outside looking in, i can see why. i dont agree but i can see it.

players seem older than they really are when theyve been around a long time. this is hanks 10th year. :amazed:

I can agree with this and I actually think Hank looks older than 32 haha.... I think this team is getting underrated big time by a lot of people in the hockey world. Lets do this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad