NPPG: Season 5 Thread

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I'm out! :(

Hope everyone else has fun, I missed the ASG and since so many points are awarded for a game that really means nothing, a game where only one Predator participates and tons of points are awarded based on non Preds players, something that is only allowed in that one game, it really skews the whole real season.

I wasted effort for 47 regular season games because I missed one odd 3 on 3 contrived 'showcase' evening.

Maybe next year consider doing it separate from the regular season since it is so different from the rules for the other 82 games?

I'd like you to continue playing. If you don't make it to the playoffs and I do, you can have my spot.

I want this to be fun and enjoyable for everyone.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I can sympathize with fossil I got massively screwed by the ASG one year. If fossil wants to reconsider and no one else objects I'd say give him the 5 points he would have got had he entered and come in last.

If I do that, I have to do it for everyone that didn't play and that punishes the players that did play.

Reactions: FossilFndr

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I object. I do not want that to happen. And am a bit embarrassed that I posted instead of just quitting without saying anything. I should have just mentioned it next year that though maybe fun it does really put too much emphasis on one game that is really not a NPPG since most of the choices will not be Pred players, which I thought was the purpose. The whole thing was changed a couple years ago making only Pred players available for the choices during the regular season.

Still do it but use results in some other manner or as a stand alone game.

I do hope everyone does have fun and not let one person's concerns overshadow what the majority wants.

Last edited:

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I've been thinking about fading back on HF anyway, but since I had invested in every game so far this year the NPPG kinda kept me active when my heart was in it about like most of the team's heart is in the on ice product.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I've been thinking about fading back on HF anyway, but since I had invested in every game so far this year the NPPG kinda kept me active when my heart was in it about like most of the team's heart is in the on ice product.
But that's really the thing. We're ALL needing that sort of interaction to keep us sane. When people drop off, I kind of take it personally. You're leaving ME. Ha!

Reactions: Jonesey

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I’m out of town Wednesday through Sunday. I’ll try to have an update Tuesday morning to cover these Blues games.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Hey @Jonesey, I had Grimaldi in the game against CBJ and he scored the game winning shootout goal. I see there are 0 points though.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
June 23rd, Happy Birthday

upload_2020-6-23_7-41-9.png

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Hey I totally forgot about this. I believe Porter and I ended up sharing the Presidents Trophy for this season! At this point I'll take any sort of banner I can get LOL

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Hey I totally forgot about this. I believe Porter and I ended up sharing the Presdients Trophy for this season! At this point I'll take any sort of banner I can get LOL
I was gonna say I should have the title on pts pct... missed some games due to uh, "injury"... but then I remembered I was only up there at all thanks to the ASG, sooooooo.... never mind. :)

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I was gonna say I should have the title on pts pct... missed some games due to uh, "injury"... but then I remembered I was only up there at all thanks to the ASG, sooooooo.... never mind. :)
And why was that caveat put into place? You're reading at her. Ha ha! Who knew James Neal would be so productive and there would be shutouts in 2016??? (I didn't, just hoped) I got 53? points I think.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'm not sure how we will do a playoff points game yet. Maybe just wait until the 16 team field is set?

I dont think I'd include the round Robin games of the teams getting a bye in the first round of our playoffs. But I have no problem with the same format ie 24 posters in the playoffs, with the top 8 getting a bye

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
This year will always have an asterisk next to it--might as well have one here, too. Volde's idea is good.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I admit I ignored the NPPG in all previous seasons. So I don't honestly know anything about the illustrious legacy of the format. But to me, I don't care about the playoffs after our team is done. So really, I'd just keep it basically the same as the regular season. Give us points based on Preds games only, including play-ins. Once the Preds are done, I'm done.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Could just treat the play in round like the regular season being we know the Preds will be in that and then just do the playoff format once the field is set.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad