NPPG: Season 5 Thread

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
We could go back to the old way or do a mini version of the playoffs and pick 2-3 players

Reactions: Jonesey

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
You could do a bunch of prop bets, like 10 of them and award a point for each one that participants get correct.

Total goals by Dallas?
Total goals by Nashville?
Combined first period goals?
Combined second period goals?
Combined third period goals?
Game goes to overtime, Y or N
Game goes to shootout, Y or N
Shots by Dallas >35, Y or N
Shots by Nashville >35, Y or N
Number of fights?
Either goalie pulled?

And/Or whatever anyone else suggests, and then everyone also gets to pick one player from each side and gets their points as well.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
For the Islanders game I accidentally picked Rinne after having already picked him so shouldn't have gotten any points for him.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I'll post the NPPG post for the Winter Classic later today. I'll have it up shortly. I'm going to have some bonus questions to get bonus points!

Hoping to have a scoreboard update tomorrow as well, but that is time permitting.

Reactions: NNCbama

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
@Jonesey my points aren’t right. I should have 31 points, but the last standings has ne with 64 and leading.

I agree that my wit is probably worth double points!

I fat fingered the number pad evidently. The 6 is above the 3, and the 4 is above the 1. I'll have it fixed next update! Thanks for the honesty!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Are we doing an All Star Game version this year? If so I guess I need to see who besides Josi is on the teams.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I'm out! :(

Hope everyone else has fun, I missed the ASG and since so many points are awarded for a game that really means nothing, a game where only one Predator participates and tons of points are awarded based on non Preds players, something that is only allowed in that one game, it really skews the whole real season.

I wasted effort for 47 regular season games because I missed one odd 3 on 3 contrived 'showcase' evening.

Maybe next year consider doing it separate from the regular season since it is so different from the rules for the other 82 games?

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I'm out! :(

Hope everyone else has fun, I missed the ASG and since so many points are awarded for a game that really means nothing, a game where only one Predator participates and tons of points are awarded based on non Preds players, something that is only allowed in that one game, it really skews the whole real season.

I wasted effort for 47 regular season games because I missed one odd 3 on 3 contrived 'showcase' evening.

Maybe next year consider doing it separate from the regular season since it is so different from the rules for the other 82 games?

I know it's frustrating as anything, but I hope you stick with it, a good week could get you right back into the hunt. And if nothing else, there's always 1-2 playoff teams who drop out and the next 2 in the standings move up.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I can sympathize with fossil I got massively screwed by the ASG one year. If fossil wants to reconsider and no one else objects I'd say give him the 5 points he would have got had he entered and come in last.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad