NPPG: Season 5 Thread

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I admit I ignored the NPPG in all previous seasons. So I don't honestly know anything about the illustrious legacy of the format. But to me, I don't care about the playoffs after our team is done. So really, I'd just keep it basically the same as the regular season. Give us points based on Preds games only, including play-ins. Once the Preds are done, I'm done.

The playoffs are ran differently than the regular season. You pick 3 F's, 2 D's, 1 G from any of the teams still alive, but you can only pick each player once unless you have picked both goalies in the finals.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
The playoffs are ran differently than the regular season. You pick 3 F's, 2 D's, 1 G from any of the teams still alive, but you can only pick each player once unless you have picked both goalies in the finals.
I would always lose this since I won't pick anybody but Preds. :) But fair enough. Thanks for all the efforts! :handclap:

Reactions: PredsV82

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I would always lose this since I won't pick anybody but Preds. :) But fair enough. Thanks for all the efforts! :handclap:
That's part of the strategy, though. If you think the Preds will be in later rounds you don't want to use up all your good players too early. If you think they'll lose, use them all!

You can only use each player one time, with the exception of the final goalies (and then, only if you already picked both of them). It's fun. I was out early last year but I still kept up with the others.

Reactions: Jonesey

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Okay, so let me get this straight...we are waiting til the play-in round is completed to begin setting rosters, right?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Okay, so let me get this straight...we are waiting til the play-in round is completed to begin setting rosters, right?
I think we were going to treat the play in round like the regular season being we knew the Preds would be in it. Then it would be like our normal playoff format. I'm not entirely sure if that was officially decided or not though.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Ok, Jonesey gets the final call as it's his game, but I'm gonna put my $0.02US in for consideration, knowing full well that it may come across as self serving since I am in the top tier.

I would propose letting people in spots 9-24 play the preliminary round, choosing from any of the teams in the preliminary round. If any of the 9-24 dont sign up, the bye goes to #9 first, then 10, etc

The advantage is it would allow more folks to play, hopefully getting them back to posting regularly as well. The downside I see of using the play in as regular season is, with only 3 to a max of 5 games, its gonna be a lot more luck than strategy, and also easy enough for people trying to "protect a lead" to wait until the people below them choose then pick the same player

But I'll go along with whatever the majority/Jonesey decide

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Ok, Jonesey gets the final call as it's his game, but I'm gonna put my $0.02US in for consideration, knowing full well that it may come across as self serving since I am in the top tier.

I would propose letting people in spots 9-24 play the preliminary round, choosing from any of the teams in the preliminary round. If any of the 9-24 dont sign up, the bye goes to #9 first, then 10, etc

The advantage is it would allow more folks to play, hopefully getting them back to posting regularly as well. The downside I see of using the play in as regular season is, with only 3 to a max of 5 games, its gonna be a lot more luck than strategy, and also easy enough for people trying to "protect a lead" to wait until the people below them choose then pick the same player

But I'll go along with whatever the majority/Jonesey decide

Piggybacking on what you said, There are 5 players who would be out of the playoffs. 2 showing they quit mid season. Us the play-in round where The next 3 play 14-15-16. The other 13 play for seeding, using the play-in round to move up the rankings. Much like the NHL is now.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I think we decided that the "play in" round would count towards the regular season standings. There are only 3 players that play on a consistent basis that aren't in the playoffs as it is.

Reactions: PredsV82

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
So we pick one Pred only in play in round on a per game basis *or* do we pick from all play in teams in same manner as playoffs with Ds, Fs, G and series'?

Sorry, I've been working on moving the office and I'm exhausted. Normally words make sense.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
So we pick one Pred only in play in round on a per game basis *or* do we pick from all play in teams in same manner as playoffs with Ds, Fs, G and series'?

Sorry, I've been working on moving the office and I'm exhausted. Normally words make sense.
Play in round is treated exactly like the regular season. You pick one Pred per game.

Think of it as a chance to get back warmed up before you hit the playoffs :nod:

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I think we decided that the "play in" round would count towards the regular season standings. There are only 3 players that play on a consistent basis that aren't in the playoffs as it is.

When will the official rules be announced?

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
When will the official rules be announced?

It's the same as it always is. The play in round is considered the regular season so for the next 3-5 games you can only use a player once. Once that's completed, we will advance to the playoffs which will take place as normal (3 F, 2 D, 1 G per round, no repeating).

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Jonesey, could you post the current standings please? (And yes, it IS because I want to see myself at the top one more time before I proceed to blow it)

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
upload_2020-7-30_7-49-57.png

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Jonesey, could you post the current standings please? (And yes, it IS because I want to see myself at the top one more time before I proceed to blow it)
I think I managed to just barely stay on top alphabetically with the name change. That was close. :phew:

EDIT: btw did the last game go into these totals? the March 10 game? Anybody who picked Forsberg that game might have a bit of a boost? :dunno:

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
We have choice of whole roster, I guess, since it's a new month (boy howdy!)? We're not limited to someone we didn't pick in the last 5 games played?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Wait, is that per round, or 3-2-1 for the whole remainder of the playoffs?

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Wait, is that per round, or 3-2-1 for the whole remainder of the playoffs?
Per round.
You need to look forward--if you think a team is going to continue on, pick the good players on the teams you think might be eliminated so that you'll have a good crop for the next round, should you make it in. Ay, but there's the rub--you ALSO want to pick players that will help you make the next round.

This might involve statistics.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad