Pre-Game Talk: Season 2021-2022 Pre-game thread

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany

Driedger starts today, Gio still in Covid protcoll and "some more lineup changes"(Borgen?).

I hope Driedger is up for the challenge because Florida's going for an NHL record in home wins to start a season and has been running over opponents quite frequently in their own barn.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany

Grubauer first off the ice and should start in net.
Borgen and Jarnkrok took part in the morning skate and should be good to go.

Eberle was on the ice but in no contact jersey.
Him, Schwartz and Giordano should miss this one as well.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany

Eberle might be available for tomorrow's game against Pittsburgh.
Giordano still in Covid protocoll and both Jarnkrok and Schwartz will be out.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
It's important to note that me drunk posting on here is not the solution to winning, even if it did happen the first two wins of the post-losing streak success. I haven't had a drop the last 3 wins.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany

No surprise that Grubauer was first off the ice and probably starts.
A bit surprising that Eberle and Schwartz might be back for this one.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Starting to wonder if the coaching staff doesn't have the faith in McCann that the fans seem to. He's 4th in points and 2nd in p/gm but he's 8th in total TOI and 10th in even strength TOI a game. They haven't moved him up into the top 6 even with some injuries. His offensive production says he should be signed to a long term deal but would be pricey to pay the kid just to be a 3rd liner scorer. So starting to wonder whether they see him as a long term piece or not. He's been productive in his career especially when he's not been given big minutes but also traded several times. Doesn't seem like he's a guy teams want to make a key part of the roster long term. With his production and still being a RFA would be a valuable trade chip if they move him. Having depth scoring is great but if Hakstol will only play him on the 3rd line maybe it's best to part ways.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Starting to wonder if the coaching staff doesn't have the faith in McCann that the fans seem to. He's 4th in points and 2nd in p/gm but he's 8th in total TOI and 10th in even strength TOI a game. They haven't moved him up into the top 6 even with some injuries. His offensive production says he should be signed to a long term deal but would be pricey to pay the kid just to be a 3rd liner scorer. So starting to wonder whether they see him as a long term piece or not. He's been productive in his career especially when he's not been given big minutes but also traded several times. Doesn't seem like he's a guy teams want to make a key part of the roster long term. With his production and still being a RFA would be a valuable trade chip if they move him. Having depth scoring is great but if Hakstol will only play him on the 3rd line maybe it's best to part ways.

I feel the opposite. His spot is to make his line better and thus the whole team. He’s producing period. He’s a PP guy, thus getting points when they are easiest, but his role is to improve a middle 6 line. Not to mention that line has produced well together. Chemistry matters

Last edited:

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Saturday and sunday should be interesting another back to back games... Gru saturday vs oilers CD sunday vs leafs?

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I’m liking this, primarily because it doesn’t really matter as neither has been stellar thus far. Having Driedger in there tonight is a welcome change and I hope the extra day of rest helps Gru.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Saturday and sunday should be interesting another back to back games... Gru saturday vs oilers CD sunday vs leafs?

I think you can flip a coin on those two at the weekend.
Both teams can score for fun and will be tough matchups.

Though, like @The Marquis has said, it's good to have two goalies and being able to not having to start Grubaer in about 80% of the games....

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Seems like Grubauer's good to go and won't miss any time.

Will also be interesting to see which games will actually be played.

Edmonton now has RNH, McLeod and Shore on Covid list while a couple more out on because of injury.

The Leafs have placed Kerfoot and Tavares on Covid protocol.

And the game on December 23rd in Calgary has been postponed.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Five games postponed today in the NHL. In South Africa Omicron may have already peaked. Let's hope this doesn't become the wrecking ball that clearly this strain has the potential to be.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Five games postponed today in the NHL. In South Africa Omicron may have already peaked. Let's hope this doesn't become the wrecking ball that clearly this strain has the potential to be.

Spreading at 70x delta is probably going to suck pretty bad, but not for long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad