Confirmed with Link: Sean Walker & 5th round pick ('26) traded to Colorado for 1st round pick ('25 - top 10 protected) & Ryan Johansen - Johansen assigned to Lehigh Valley

How Do You Grade The Trade?

• Total voters

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
As I suspected, there is a distinct lack of dentists posting in this thread.
Image.jpeg

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
If the "Plan" as a result of this was to:

Trade Laughton too.
Play Johansen in that 3C spot and... well... hope he rebounds to the guy from 2 years ago or at least a servicable middle six C.
Then with that 2nd hope in mind flip him next year if it comes to fruition.

Well, it would not be the worst train of thought. BUT I guess Laughton wont be moved...
Tortorella traded Johansen after weeks in columbus. He hates him. No chance he gets a chance here. And i dont mean 5 games. I mean a real chance

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Is there a player with an offsetting contract out there that'd be a better fit than Johansen in their eyes? More likely that they'd have to burn their last retention slot instead, right?

Evergreen

Getting a first round pick for Sean Walker, who was basically a throw-in from the Provorov deal, is great asset management. I don't think taking on Johansen's salary is a big deal. He's got only one year left on his deal and he can be bought out cheaply (with another team having to pick up half the cost of the buyout). Or we can flip him. I give this trade an A.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
We know Tortorella hates him, but per Dater something happened in Colorado that poisoned the well. Might figure there's too much possible clashing on all sides to be worth what a 4th liner brings.
Only makes it harder to move him if that’s what they’re trying to do

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
We know Tortorella hates him, but per Dater something happened in Colorado that poisoned the well. Might figure there's too much possible clashing on all sides to be worth what a 4th liner brings.
We know that culture is the #1 priority for the FO, so it is unsurprising that they would avoid poisoning the well with an apparent malcontent with a poor work ethic.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad