Prospect Info: Down On The Farm (Ads and Glads)

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I will never understand Refs that hold grudges for players. Most of the time it starts with absolutely nothing and the guy just from then on decides he hates the guy.

Reactions: adsfan

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Yay, win!

Now question from an ignorant son of a bitch are Livingstone and Procop ready for the NHL
Livingstone could probably handle third pairing minutes without being a disaster or anything but it's longish odds for him to develop much more.

I don't think anyone thinks Prokop is close and at this point it'd be something of a surprise to see him make the NHL at all.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Livingstone could probably handle third pairing minutes without being a disaster or anything but it's longish odds for him to develop much more.

I don't think anyone thinks Prokop is close and at this point it'd be something of a surprise to see him make the NHL at all.

Thank you

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I really think with Askarov its just a guy who is learning to deal with the work load of being a #1 and the pressure that comes with it. That's something guys build into and considering how little he played coming in the AHL he will be dealing with it more than most guys.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008

You mean third paring in the AHL, right? He can definitely use another season in the AHL, which with the glut of defensemen the Preds have, will not be a problem.

I'm not really a fan of his decision making, and his puckhandling is very poor (although I don't think anyone is planning to rely on him for that).

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It seems to me that we should not plan on ever seeing Livingstone, Prokop, or Matier in the NHL. I know people will think I'm being too negative by saying that, but I'm just trying to be practical. Right now, they aren't playing in the AHL. And we're using 7D in Milwaukee. While they all watch from the sidelines.

To some extent there is a numbers game going on where we have a couple of NHL-ready guys on that D (Stastney and Del Gaizo), plus veteran carryovers from before our depth reached its current level. So they will all get their chance in the AHL next season once the logjam clears up a bit. But again, without making it about them as players/prospects individually, there just aren't too many guys in general who are on an NHL track who spend a whole year in the ECHL, or who can't crack an AHL top-7 grouping (esp. at age 25 like Livingstone). I mean, we will certainly hope that they beat the odds, of course, we'll be cheering them on, and even if they don't crack the NHL, then hopefully they are still strong assets for Milwaukee for several years, if that's where they top out.

I know people will want to defend them all, and it's true Atlanta turned out to be quite a dismal team, and I'm only stats-watching afterall, but you can't normally project the kinds of ECHL stats lines below into players who are going to normally be considered as having realistic NHL potential. All we can do is cross our fingers that things take a quantum leap forward for them next season in Milwaukee. :crossfing

1716480596350.png

1716480571455.png

Reactions: cjerina

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I think Ufko has already passed up Livingstone, Prokop, and Matier in the RHD category. As of right now, they're also the only RHD we have signed for Milwaukee. So Prokop and Matier (or atleast one of them) may end up playing full time Milwaukee. Matier got more AHL games than Prokop. But we also might just get a vet as Gravel is the only older player but there is alot of AHL experience between stastney and Del Gaizo should one of them get stuck down there and Wilsby is experienced as well if he gets extended.

On a side note, Sward still doesn't have a contract from the AVs.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
So what the hell was up with L'Hereux getting another 10 minute misconduct?? Are the refs just out to get him or is he really that big of a headcase? I mean, he was on a huge offensive tear lately and now he takes himself out of a playoff game for 10 minutes...

And Tomasino is cold again, now two straight games with no points and no SOG

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Gam

game winner for sure

Livingstone is like a shitty AHL version of Schenn right now. I agree with Porter. If any of the mentioned d-man ever become full timers I will be surprised.

Game winner was a double deflection off of 2 Griffins players. I'm not sure that any goalie has much chance on that. It deflected off of the GR player's stick guarding Egor immediately after the shot, then went off another Griffin's player near the crease.

Regarding next year, I hope Wilsby comes back, but it wouldn't surprise me if he goes back to Europe.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

I see Prokop playing on the 2nd or 3rd pair, in Milwaukee, next season. He could make the Preds in 2026.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Looks like all the NHL head coaching vacancies are being filled by retreads. Certainly lowers the risk we lose Taylor to an NHL head coaching gig.

Hoping he either prefers being an AHL head coach over an NHL assistant or if he wants to be an NHL assistant that we make a job for him

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Looks like all the NHL head coaching vacancies are being filled by retreads. Certainly lowers the risk we lose Taylor to an NHL head coaching gig.

Hoping he either prefers being an AHL head coach over an NHL assistant or if he wants to be an NHL assistant that we make a job for him
San Jose, Seattle, Winnipeg still looking? Hopefully he ads a Calder Cup to his resume before all the jobs are filled. Would hate to lose him, but he HAS earned it.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
So what the hell was up with L'Hereux getting another 10 minute misconduct?? Are the refs just out to get him or is he really that big of a headcase? I mean, he was on a huge offensive tear lately and now he takes himself out of a playoff game for 10 minutes...

And Tomasino is cold again, now two straight games with no points and no SOG
If you read my posts, you would already know the answer to your question.

L'Heureux is leading the AHL in playoff points with 12 in 8 games, with 20 PIMs.

Tomasino has 4 goals in 8 games. That puts him 8th out of 18 on the Admirals in playoff scoring.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Game 4 has Askarov versus Cossa in goal. Gravel and McKeown on D. Foudy, Parssinen and L'Heureux up front.

Statsney is injured. The Ads and Griffins are both playing an 11-7 lineup.

Grand Rapids is already playing dirty after half a period. L'Heureux draws a Xchecking penalty on Dman Simon Edvinsson. A linesman left the ice. GR killed it.

Egor scored his 5th goal in the last 3 games! O'Reilly and Kemell with the assists at 14 minutes. (Egor led the Ads with 27 regular season goals.) Edvinsson for Roughing against McKeown.

After one period, it is 1-0 Ads. The SOG are 13-7 GR, but it was 7-7 at the goal. The Ads were short for 3.5 minutes of the last 4:42 minutes of the period. That linesman never returned.

In period 2, the 30 seconds of PP carryover turned into a 5-on-3, as L'Heureux was called for Tripping. The Ads killed it off. The Ads lead this period, 7-2 in SOG five minutes into the period. (The injured linesman did return) Kemell (1) deflected a shot by Livingstone (1) and Egor (3) with the other assist, to make it 2-0 Admirals at 8:38!

With 9:20 to go, Schaefer takes a hit to the face in front of the GR bench. Roughing called on Jonatan Berggren. Ads on the PP, Svechkov is Tripped by Kasper. Five-on-3 for 1:12. The Ads do not score on one shot. The SOG are 11-5 (18-18 so far) with 4:48 remaining.

Kemell taken down and Matt Luff just flattened Livingstone after the whistle. Aaron Sims "dirty, dirty play!" Tripping on L'Esperance and High Sticking on Luff. Livingstone went to the locker room. GR killed the 5-on-3. Just 2:32 remaining in the period.

Isn't it interesting that the two Admirals who teamed up to score the last goal were both fouled at the same time? DIRTY is the word. Kemell called for Interference for checking a Griffin who had the puck. Aaron Sims seems baffled by the call. Livingstone did return to the bench. SOG were 16-6 Ads and 23-19 overall.

Period 3 begins with the Ads short again. The Ads killed it. The SOG are 3-3. Grand Rapids seems to have a poor Power Play.
Foudy called for High Sticking. It is 4 minutes!!! Aaron Sims says that the Admirals bench is angry! GR scores near the end of the first minor to make it 2-1 Ads on the PP. GR scores again off the post in the last 30 seconds of the second penalty.
There is 10:27 remaining. The Ads take their TO.

The Ads' goals were at even strength. One more guys! Askarov is hurt. Troy is putting on his equipment to replace Askarov. Troy was 2-0-1 against the Griffins. Askarov is back in goal and GR scores at 10:06 off of an Admirals skate. That was 3 goals in just over 2 minutes.

Shine just clotheslined Del Gaizo as the refs are losing control of the game. L'Heureux and Tuomisto both go for Roughing and Shine gets nothing!!! Icing called on the Ads and Foudy disputes it. Hat trick for Berggren to make it 4-2 Griffins. That was 4 goals in 3.5 minutes. There is 8:27 left.

I expect Troy in goal on Sunday at 5 PM against Cossa. I expect a physical game directed toward Luff and Shine. There is 6:08 remaining.

Troy is playing in goal at 4:28. He is pulled for another skater at 2:48. Parssinen shoots off of Cossa's shoulder. Icing waived off. The Admirals skate off the ice with 3 seconds remaining. The final is 4-2 Griffins. The SOG were 12-10 GR, but 33-31 Ads.

See you on Sunday for Game 5 at 5 pm!

All of the 3 other series ended in sweeps.
Coachella Valley is waiting for the winner.

Last edited:
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
How's Joakim looked? Hoping he could take a step next camp
His offense has fallen off after his wrist was sprained or broken in January in Henderson after a late hit by a Goon.

His skating and passing are still very good. His decision making has been off, so he is not scoring as many goals.

I think that the off season will help him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad