Confirmed with Link: Sean Walker & 5th round pick ('26) traded to Colorado for 1st round pick ('25 - top 10 protected) & Ryan Johansen - Johansen assigned to Lehigh Valley

How Do You Grade The Trade?

• Total voters

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
If dude is really faking an injury and doesnt report that guy is a scum bag.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I jumped around with the +30sec bumps and couldn't find it. Obviously doesn't mean it's not there but....

Same issue. I listened to the tortorella bit and then went to the questions at the end but didn't hear anything while jumping through.

It was in the Byram for Mittlestadt section. The grammar is atrocious. I did the best I could with what I had.

Initially when it happened, I didn't think there was any chance that Johansen was gonna play there. He was gonna be waived and when he cleared, he was gonna go to the minor leagues or they were gonna find a place for him in Lehigh Valley or somewhere else.

And then I understand that there was some attempt at....well also don't forget that Tortorella and Johansen they have a complicated history to say the least. And then I heard that there was some attempt at reconciliation. That Johansen indicated that he would like to make it work and that he wanted to play in the NHL and play for the Flyers. And I heard that the Flyers were willing to have the conversation and then came word that Johansen is battling something, whether it's an injury or what the case was. And so now that's all on hold. And I think at the time of the deadline, some of these things get thrown into the background.

It'll be interesting to see where this goes because Johansen would probably be bought out at the end of the year. And if you're injured, you can't be bought out. There was a pretty famous situation a few years ago where a team was gonna put a player on waivers to buy him out and they made a courtesy call. And what they claimed was that the agent told the team that the player suffered an injury during training and therefore they couldn't buy them out. [more about this]

There's some hard feelings there because Johansen is represented by (Gauthier's agent). And so there's some hard feelings there. And people wonder how much that plays into all of this.

I suspect 10 people read that 10 different ways.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
It was in the Byram for Mittlestadt section. The grammar is atrocious. I did the best I could with what I had.

Yeah, that's very poorly worded. Who has the hard feelings? My guess is the Flyers, I don't know why the agent would have hard feelings towards the Flyers, but who knows?

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
lol we still don’t know exactly what Gauthier’s issue is with the Flyers but he hates us with the power of 1,000 suns.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Yep, can be read ten different ways but I’m not sure any of them really look good on the Flyers.

At the end of the day, the agent could be the scumbag here who is doing it to be vindictive over another client (which is very bad) but that just gives more evidence to the idea that the Flyers did, in fact, f*** something up with Gauthier.

Who knows in this wild world though.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I wonder if this will get bigger or just fizzle out. Whether that’s what was intended by what was said on the podcast doesn’t really matter if that’s the narrative that starts to be heard.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Tbf Farabee and Walker are also Overhardt clients...

so my guess is that it is more a Gauthier specific thing than agent.

The Flyers worked with Overhardt for a long time. Knuble, Carle, Alberts, Bellemare were/are all with him too.

I believe Knuble is pretty close to him. My guess is Cole is also going to be an Overhardt client.
That can go both ways, obviously.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
If they somehow reconciled, surely dressing RyJo as your 4th C and have him thrown into the occasional face off is a better option than dressing Deslauriers and Gurianov.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Tbf Farabee and Walker are also Overhardt clients...

so my guess is that it is more a Gauthier specific thing than agent.

The Flyers worked with Overhardt for a long time. Knuble, Carle, Alberts, Bellemare were/are all with him too.

I believe Knuble is pretty close to him. My guess is Cole is also going to be an Overhardt client.
Well, look where that got Walker 🤫

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
If they somehow reconciled, surely dressing RyJo as your 4th C and have him thrown into the occasional face off is a better option than dressing Deslauriers and Gurianov.
If Johansen dresses as 4C you have seen Frost play his last game. He will be the one scratched in favor of , yet again, an inferior player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad