Prospect Info: Sean Malone (2013, 159th) – '18-19: Rochester #14 (AHL)

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I don't think so. CF's 43 includes UPL, plus the 5 RFAs, which is 48, but UPL will be eligible to slide.

Are you counting Moulson's contract twice?

No, I just re-counted.

CF has 44 with UPL and Moulson once.

They have 12 NHL forwards without Reinhart.

They have 7 NHL D.

They have 2 NHL G.

So, 21 NHL contracts (not including Moulson).

And they have 23 non-rostered players (including Moulson and UPL).

So, 44 contracts and 5 RFAs with UPL.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Right back into the mix with two assists in his debut last night. Wouldn't it be nice to have someone breathing down the necks of some of the guys on the big club, hungry for a job?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Right back into the mix with two assists in his debut last night. Wouldn't it be nice to have someone breathing down the necks of some of the guys on the big club, hungry for a job?
He also got Bailey going offensively who had been a nothing burger offensively prior to last night.

Reactions: Chainshot

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Interesting to see if it was Bailey or Nylander on LW last night -- I didn't see the game myself.

It looks like it was more about Bailey's speed than anything on the two goals.

And if the first goal tells the tale of the game, Nylander was on LW and Bailey was on RW.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

We've got at least 4 or 5 of them right now and I love it.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
We've got at least 4 or 5 of them right now and I love it.

I count 7-8 that are close to NHL ready and would love to see up if it wouldn't be a disaster to have 10 or so rookie/first year guys playing.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So... a rough year, lots of injury again and not part of the playoff roster. Does he get tendered a qualifying offer or do they part ways with Malone?

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
So... a rough year, lots of injury again and not part of the playoff roster. Does he get tendered a qualifying offer or do they part ways with Malone?

Think he gets 1 more year simply because of the large forward numbers potentially leaving Rochester right now.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I was really high on Malone, but the timing needed to be much different. One more year in Roch would be OK by me but I think Sabres plans may change a bit. Unfortunately, they need to find an NHL roster play further along in their development like Malone.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Yeah, I love Malone, but to call someone drafted the same year as Risto a prospect is hilarious.

In fairness, there are more than a few players who have taken three years or more to crack NHL lineups (Jordan Binnington immediately comes to mind but there were many others).

Currently, however, Malone is still on an AHL contract and just turned 25.

Does his past season suggest he can one day play a lower line role in the NHL?

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
He didn't have a chance at the Sabres roster... Not because he couldn't make it, but it seems some players don't get chances.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
I think after a while, players like him sort of just get pushed to the background as several years of prospects join the organization. Best thing for him was a fresh start on a team that obviously scouted him and thought he was good enough to sign. I'm pretty sure the same thing happens around the league so I'm not so sure it's exclusively a Sabres thing or the Sabres suck so bad thing. I hope he does well.

Reactions: IlikeEich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad