Prospect Info: Sean Malone (2013, 159th) – '18-19: Rochester #14 (AHL)

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Malone wasn’t signed already? Go figure
Qualifying offers don't even expire until Sunday.

What's Malone's waiver situation?
Exempt for next season, but not after that. His exemption could technically expire before then if he plays in 79 NHL games before the completion of the season, but if that happens his waiver exemption would be purely a theoretical rather than a practical consideration at that point.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Would be funny if Malone winds up being the best player from that draft class as a 6th rounder, after all the years we've been waiting for Bailey and/or Baptiste to come along.

(of course, I suspect the best player we selected that year will turn out to be either Cal Petersen or J.T. Compher).
Uh - Risto? Zadorov? In theory, you could wind up with 7 NHL-ers from that class (8 if you still hold out any hope for Hurley or Florentino)

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Uh - Risto? Zadorov? In theory, you could wind up with 7 NHL-ers from that class (8 if you still hold out any hope for Hurley or Florentino)

D'oh. Somehow forgot about Risto was that same year.

2013 was a good draft year

Risto
Zadorov
Compher

Hurley
Bailey
Baptiste
Petersen

Possler
Florentino
Malone
Locke

Crazy that 7 guys we drafted that year could wind up as NHLers. And who knows what Possler could have become if he hadn't gotten injured?

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Excited to see if he can continue to develop.

He had a good year in Rochester, and showed definite improvement as the season went on.

Hopefully he can continue that trend.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
He remains one of my favorite prospects. As I’ve noted, he’s older than a lot of guys that have seemingly been pro longer (Bailey, Baptiste), and he plays a pro ready bottom six game. I like his chances of winning a 4th line spot in camp and not looking back.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad