Prospect Info: Sean Farrell, C/LW, 124th Overall

Fatbiggie

Unregistered User
Jul 30, 2005
Boys, it's been a long season and it was simply an observation about Farrell, we will see how it translates, if at all on the ice.

Let's not get all cantankerous here, would you have preferred I not dropped the tidbit in the thread and just talked about PLD some more?
Great tidbit, it’s just too easy take a shot at Renaud/TVA article.

I’m anxious to see him back in the lineup

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Boys, it's been a long season and it was simply an observation about Farrell, we will see how it translates, if at all on the ice.

Let's not get all cantankerous here, would you have preferred I not dropped the tidbit in the thread and just talked about PLD some more?
No issue with you posting it, was more just commentary about how Lavoie is a plug. Lol

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I can see a future line of Farrell W.Smith Caufield for the Canadians and team USA :sarcasm:

1681331067842.png

Shred

Nov 1, 2005

I was actually thinking the Sean Farrell thread is lacking in PLD talk lately.

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
Kid look really tiny and not fast enough right now. He needs to beef up those legs and find the acceleration Caufield has to become relevant at the next level, IQ can only get you so far at 5f7. I'm a big fan and praised him during his NCAA career but seeing him next to NHL bodies was a reality chek. He's not physically ready for the big league and that's a concern. AHL is not the place to hit the gym and gain weight, NCAA was.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
I'm a big fan of Farrell, but he needs to start in the AHL next year and it really shouldn't be a hard decision. It's also not a bad thing either.

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Kid look really tiny and not fast enough right now. He needs to beef up those legs and find the acceleration Caufield has to become relevant at the next level, IQ can only get you so far at 5f7. I'm a big fan and praised him during his NCAA career but seeing him next to NHL bodies was a reality chek. He's not physically ready for the big league and that's a concern. AHL is not the place to hit the gym and gain weight, NCAA was.

He needed this exposure, he's a smart kid and his processor is high. He just needs to adapt and figure out how to play his game at the NHL level. Getting more explosive will certainly help and of course being stronger will too, but he's not gonna survive getting involved in physical battles. Caufield doesn't.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Demystifying the NHL for young players is a key step in their development. This comments just reinforces that.

That's why I laugh at folks who qualify Slafkovsky's rookie season as a total loss, he, like Farrell, will be much better prepared this offseason and heading into next training camp.

IMO there's a difference between getting a taste to figure out what you need to work on and just straight up being there the whole time. But hey, we will find out come fall how much being in the NHL at 18 helped Slafkovsky grow. That's all we can hope for at the end of the day.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
IMO there's a difference between getting a taste to figure out what you need to work on and just straight up being there the whole time. But hey, we will find out come fall how much being in the NHL at 18 helped Slafkovsky grow. That's all we can hope for at the end of the day.
Numerically there's a difference sure...but whose to say Slafkovsky wouldn't have been sent down at some point. I think that might have been the plan eventually.

Either way, it's going to be difficult to measure how much being in the NHL helped/hurt Slafkovsky or Farrell games.

I'm sure if they struggle, it'll be held up as the reason as to why...but if they progress and have better seasons, I doubt anyone will say it was because they were in the NHL at 18 (and 21 for Farrell).

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Numerically there's a difference sure...but whose to say Slafkovsky wouldn't have been sent down at some point. I think that might have been the plan eventually.

Either way, it's going to be difficult to measure how much being in the NHL helped/hurt Slafkovsky or Farrell games.

I'm sure if they struggle, it'll be held up as the reason as to why...but if they progress and have better seasons, I doubt anyone will say it was because they were in the NHL at 18 (and 21 for Farrell).
I don't think Farrell and Slaf are comparable situations. There is plenty of precedent of 20+ year olds transitioning to NHL after high degree of success in NCAA without much issues.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Anyone that thought he was NHL ready swung and missed. He's 2 years away ideally and needs to get way stronger or faster

Reactions: SwiftyHab

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't think Farrell and Slaf are comparable situations. There is plenty of precedent of 20+ year olds transitioning to NHL after high degree of success in NCAA without much issues.
Yes agreed - that was more of my attempt at re-directing the conversation towards Farrell in the Sean Farrell thread, as opposed to making it about Slafkovky like I did in my original post. :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad