Confirmed with Link: Sean Day signs ELC

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
He's eligible to play in Hartford next year so this makes sense.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
He's eligible to play in Hartford next year so this makes sense.

Good to hear. Guess we'll find out sooner rather than later if he can be a successful pro.

I do wish Hartford had better coaching, though.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
That's funny that signed him, was just thinking last night before bed who would be on the Wolf Pack next year, and thought Day should stay in juniors another year. Oh well haha

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
That's funny that signed him, was just thinking last night before bed who would be on the Wolf Pack next year, and thought Day should stay in juniors another year. Oh well haha

My guess is that where Day plays next season will depend on what kind of shape he comes to camp in and what kind of camp he has. If he's in great shape and has a good camp, he'll be in Hartford. If not, back to juniors.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
If he stays in the Juniors next season his ELC slides right?

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Good to hear. Guess we'll find out sooner rather than later if he can be a successful pro.

I do wish Hartford had better coaching, though.

This is what worries me a little bit, I remember windsors coach saying he had bad habits that stemmed from poor coaching when he was on the steelheads, which leads me to believe that all the reports of him having poor IQ has been laregely a coaching thing

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If he stays in the Juniors next season his ELC slides right?

His ELC slides whether he plays in the CHL or AHL. He has to play 10 or more NHL games for his contract to not slide next year.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
How does he project? Comparables?

When he was younger, he was compared to a larger Paul Coffey. Of course, that was before his development hit some serious speedbumps.

Realistically, you are probably looking at Tom Poti as the best case NHL projection if things work out. Which isn't terrible for his draft position. 3-4 offensive d-man with size who doesn't use it enough.

He still has huge bust potential, and of course there's a chance he puts it all together again and turns into a star but don't get your hopes up.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
If he can keep his compete level up, and learn to play solid positional defense as a pro, he should be able to carve out an NHL career as a bottom pairing defensemen without much issue. He has all the physical tools you could ask for from a defensive prospect. That's not to say his ceiling is a bottom pairing defensemen, but he should turn into something useful.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
So his contract will slide as long as he doesn't play any NHL games next year. Good stuff, was worried it would burn a year off if he played in the AHL

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
A Chris Kreider type of skater as a defenseman. Same size, strength, speed. Good shot with a quick release, good puck mover. Hockey IQ is lacking, and still has some trouble with positioning in the defensive zone.

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
When he was younger, he was compared to a larger Paul Coffey. Of course, that was before his development hit some serious speedbumps.

Realistically, you are probably looking at Tom Poti as the best case NHL projection if things work out. Which isn't terrible for his draft position. 3-4 offensive d-man with size who doesn't use it enough.

He still has huge bust potential, and of course there's a chance he puts it all together again and turns into a star but don't get your hopes up.

Thanks! Doesn't he have wheels? The only thing I know about this guy is that he was considered the best skater in his draft class, that doesn't exactly scream Tom Poti to me, though I trust what you're saying.

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
A Chris Kreider type of skater as a defenseman. Same size, strength, speed. Good shot with a quick release, good puck mover. Hockey IQ is lacking, and still has some trouble with positioning in the defensive zone.

Sounds better than anything we have besides McD/Skjei :laugh:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Thanks! Doesn't he have wheels? The only thing I know about this guy is that he was considered the best skater in his draft class, that doesn't exactly scream Tom Poti to me, though I trust what you're saying.
Tom Poti was a majestic skater

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
big kid. not fat but whatever the word is right before fat. thats him.

watched him some this year. hot start then cold. hes all over the place. needs to mature.

i question his compete level at times. seems like his motor/effort is inconsistent. the windsor pp run through him. shows good understanding of the pp and is hard to stop with the puck at speed.

ten cent head and compete issues are concerns. no question kid can skate. he moves the puck well and has top end speed for a big guy. smooth carrying the mail on the spits powerplay. booming shot. good solid passer but at times clueless in the zone. gambler with so-so recovey effort.

needs to get smarter, more consistent, more focused and more mature.

hes got endless potential. really top end skills.

hes 2-3 yrs away. if he figures things out, things could look pretty good in the future.

skjei- 6'3 205 Left
graves- 6'4 220 Left
zborovskiy- 6'4 200 Right
day 6'2 230 Left

nice looking group there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad