Sean Couturier Reportedly Re-Injures Right Knee

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This team is soft and injuered the whole works almost. No cups in site.
What's funny is it's your favorite players that are doing the most to keep them from a cup.

Guy like Hagg are exactly what's wrong with this team. Meanwhile you hate the good players on the team because they're not useless goons.

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
What's funny is it's your favorite players that are doing the most to keep them from a cup.

Guy like Hagg are exactly what's wrong with this team. Meanwhile you hate the good players on the team because they're not useless goons.
...A Rick Tocchet type of player would fit in nicely!
Hard nosed and very effective!
Don't ya think?

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
MCL strains don't usually require surgery. Even if they are grade 3 like this one.

Eric Staal suffered MCL sprain, avoids surgery | CBC Sports

Sanheim also suffered an MCL strain in the AHL playoffs. Based on how long he was out, I would guess he and Couturier both had grade 2 MCL sprains.

• A grade 1 MCL injury is the least severe. It means that your ligament has been stretched but not torn.
  • A grade 2 MCL injury means that your ligament has been partially torn. This usually causes some instability in your knee joint.
  • A grade 3 MCL injury is the most severe type of ligament injury. It occurs when your ligament has been completely torn. Joint instability is common in a grade 3 MCL sprain.
When have Flyers doctors ever properly diagnosed an injury?

Reactions: Ruck Over

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
GOB-AD-darkness.gif

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
What were Couts previous injuries. At some point it seems like he has had a series injury each year since 14-15 season

2018-19: possible re injured knee
2017-18: torn MCL
2016-17:
2015-16: knee + shoulder

What was the injury in 2016-17 again? I know he only play 60+ games. Was that the knee injury vs Florida or was that 2015-16 season?
He got his collarbone broke by Ovechkin in the playoffs in 2016

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC

He would have played on any cup team. I love Lindros,Poulin,Howe,Sinasalo,Eklund etc forsure because they played there hearts out. This group of stars are losers and will need another team to suceed.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Pretty simple solution at center if he misses an extended period of time. Move Giroux back to center and you can still roll 3 quality lines or a very good top 6.

JVR-Giroux-Voracek
Konecny-Patrick-Simmonds
Lindblom-Frost/Laughton-Raffl
X-Vorobyev/Laughton-X

Raffl-Giroux-Voracek
JVR-Patrick-Konecny
Lindblom-Frost/Laughton-Simmonds

Reactions: Rebels57

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Pretty simple solution at center if he misses an extended period of time. Move Giroux back to center and you can still roll 3 quality lines or a very good top 6.

JVR-Giroux-Voracek
Konecny-Patrick-Simmonds
Lindblom-Frost/Laughton-Raffl
X-Vorobyev/Laughton-X

Raffl-Giroux-Voracek
JVR-Patrick-Konecny
Lindblom-Frost/Laughton-Simmonds

Yeah, but history shows that Hak won't do that.*

*Am I allowed to make that argument if i've never seen Hak's medical records to know if he actually has a brain, a heart, or courage?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad