GDT: SCSF game 6: Vegas @ Montreal : 5pm PT

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
As a Habs fan, I want to say thanks to the Knights for a really entertaining series.

Also, thanks for not calling this run lucky like Leaf fans and Jets fans have done.

Your time is coming. You have the best goalie situation in the league. A killer top 3 defense (though sounds like Martinez might get overpaid by a bad team) and impressive forward depth. I was particularly impressed with Roy. Hadn't really watched him play much.

Time for my team to get wrecked by Tampa!
If anything we're running out of time, will lose important roster pieces as soon as this offseason while other teams will catch up.

Vegas is NOT the team you go "gg yall will be scary next year".

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
Tarasenko would look good in black and gold! We need a sniper. If he is healed, go get him.. should not cost us much. He wants out of St. Louis!

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Tarasenko would look good in black and gold! We need a sniper. If he is healed, go get him.. should not cost us much. He wants out of St. Louis!

Yeah but what about the other teams that might want him. Vegas can't be the only one that would want him. Plus Vegas is cap strapped again. Overpaying for the 4th line and bottom line Dmen was a dumb move by McPhee.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Yes I would because he was there the first two series. I'd take almost anyone but PDB. But whatever, sick of thinking what if with these morons and their dumb decisions. I'm just moving on, the Knights are not going to get better. They didn't want me around and I guess it's time to say ok I'm moving on to another team.

I thought you used to repeatedly complain that this forum was way too negative. When PDB became the coach you seemed to become much more pessimistic despite the team making 2 straight trips to the final 4. Nothing wrong with giving your opinion or changing your mind. I’m just surprised that PDB has caused you to become much more pessimistic. The second and third seasons under Gallant had plenty of problems.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
As a Habs fan, I want to say thanks to the Knights for a really entertaining series.

Also, thanks for not calling this run lucky like Leaf fans and Jets fans have done.

Your time is coming. You have the best goalie situation in the league. A killer top 3 defense (though sounds like Martinez might get overpaid by a bad team) and impressive forward depth. I was particularly impressed with Roy. Hadn't really watched him play much.

I don’t think your team was lucky. I think your team was just much better than people thought. It did worry me that you guys were on a 7 game winning streak coming into the series; now I can see why. You guys outplayed our team and deserved to win.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Long time Hab fan who lives in Phoenix now.
I went to game 5 in Vegas and have been to game there before. Great experience.
Super impressed with your franchise and great fan base. I've never had a second favorite team until you guys came into the league.
I'm sure it's painful losing when you expected to win. I hope when the pain fades you realize what you got. A team that competes every year for the Cup.
As a peripheral Knights fan what I'd like to see the team do is get guys that are ultra competitive. It's fine to get scorers like Patch but he mostly floats around looking for goals like he did in Montreal. You need greasy goal scorers in the playoffs like Gallagher.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...congrats to the Golden Knights for a hard-fought Series...scared the living Hades outta me all Series with your physicality and ultra-talented Blue Line...

decaprio.gif

Reactions: Vegas07

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I thought you used to repeatedly complain that this forum was way too negative. When PDB became the coach you seemed to become much more pessimistic despite the team making 2 straight trips to the final 4. Nothing wrong with giving your opinion or changing your mind. I’m just surprised that PDB has caused you to become much more pessimistic. The second and third seasons under Gallant had plenty of problems.

I fully believe those problems came from McPhee. He kept adding players who played a very different style and ultimately made Gallants team a mess. I mean WTF was Reaves for? I respect Stastny's game but he was a horrible fit for misfits center.

What was wrong with the first year's style and play? They got further than the PDB teams in exciting style. This pass it back to the point nonsense is annoying. Yes it wins a series or two but it's boring, easy to defend by good teams and ultimately has put a ceiling above the team.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I fully believe those problems came from McPhee. He kept adding players who played a very different style and ultimately made Gallants team a mess. I mean WTF was Reaves for? I respect Stastny's game but he was a horrible fit for misfits center.

What was wrong with the first year's style and play? They got further than the PDB teams in exciting style. This pass it back to the point nonsense is annoying. Yes it wins a series or two but it's boring, easy to defend by good teams and ultimately has put a ceiling above the team.

It wasn't a sustainable way to win long term. I don't understand why people can't see how that team caught lightning in a bottle. It was the perfect storm between the players being hyper motivated castoffs and the emotional boost the city got after the mass shooting. It will never be replicated so it's pointless to compare any iteration of the Knights to that team. You're only setting yourself up for disappointment if you do.

Why didn't Gallant have success with the same system the next 2 years with better players?

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
Long time Hab fan who lives in Phoenix now.
I went to game 5 in Vegas and have been to game there before. Great experience.
Super impressed with your franchise and great fan base. I've never had a second favorite team until you guys came into the league.
I'm sure it's painful losing when you expected to win. I hope when the pain fades you realize what you got. A team that competes every year for the Cup.
As a peripheral Knights fan what I'd like to see the team do is get guys that are ultra competitive. It's fine to get scorers like Patch but he mostly floats around looking for goals like he did in Montreal. You need greasy goal scorers in the playoffs like Gallagher.

I've been crying for this since last years failure. I really wanted Perry and Killorn last offseason for that very reason and now I once again am pleading for the same thing.

Reactions: azcanuck

mac nylander

May 23, 2021
New York, NY

Any fan who says you guys got lucky is an idiot, and isn't a true fan of hockey. I've been cheering for you guys since the day after game 7. Just 'cause price deserves it and Caufield has grown on me.

And seriously hope you're trolling against the Tampa part.

Anyways, GGs to Vegas.
Vegas will be a powerhouse for the next few years, hopefully nothing drastic happens.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Habs fan here.

You guys have one hell of a D in Pietrangelo. I thought he wasn't worth the hassle last summer when you made those moves to sign him. But man was I wrong. He was worth all of that and more.

Question; Who do you guys think will be protected between Fleury and Lehner?

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
Habs fan here.

You guys have one hell of a D in Pietrangelo. I thought he wasn't worth the hassle last summer when you made those moves to sign him. But man was I wrong. He was worth all of that and more.

Yeah Petro was the best Vegas player all playoffs and it really wasn't even close. Martinez a distant second.

Well we're not part of the expansion draft, but I'd expect if one gets moved it would have to be Fleury. You keep the younger equally good goalie you're tied to long term.

finnishflash13

Oct 28, 2020
If he's healed and back to his old self, the Blues would probably want him, no? Otherwise have at him.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Habs fan here.

Vegas is exempt from the expansion draft. We don't get the 22 million fee every other team gets but don't have to lose a player either.

TBH I think they'd rather get the money and lose a player. I'm pretty sure they would protect Lehner and the three biggest players available would be McNabb, Roy and Fleury.

I would think Fleury would not be picked due to age and contract and one of McNabb or Roy would go.

After the money losses of the past year they would probably want the extra 22 million over keeping either player. And if McNabb (or Fleury less likely) got selected they would probably have money to re-sign Martinez who has been better on our team.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I've been crying for this since last years failure. I really wanted Perry and Killorn last offseason for that very reason and now I once again am pleading for the same thing.
I loved Perry his whole career and was a huge proponent of him playing in MOntreal. Believe it or not many Hab fans thought he didnt bring much in the beginning of the year. But now everyone loves him. He's a major troll on the ice with talent and has ice in his veins, has some of the best clutch post season stats of all time. And to think ANYBODY could have had him. Just dumb hockey people thinking a minimum salary Perry could not help your team when he had just helped Dallas to the final. And now Montreal to the final. Not a coincidence.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Between Lehner and Fleury, I keep Lehner..and put a muzzle on him.

Petro is a stud. I'd trade a 28 year Weber for him.

If we lose one of the mountains, McNab would fit nicely in our system. Although his offense and foot speed...ouch.

You need players that don't mind the taste of their own blood. No, not Reaves, more like Perry and Gally.

Center issue is a Captain Obvious comment.

Nothing wrong with your team that a few tweaks won't fix.

Shall we book a rematch for next year?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3