GDT: SCSF Game 3: Vegas Golden Knights @ Montreal Canadiens | 5:00PM PT | There is a first period.

hockeyfan2k18

Feb 11, 2018
He's given up some medium bad goals too - get him moving side to side. Move the puck quicker so Montreal can't turtle. And clog the neutral zone to slow us down.

Every goalie lets in a meh goal, but Price makes saves at key times like no other goalie in the league. Habs have adjusted since game 1. Vegas has to do the same. Next game is must win or it's over. I guess I'm not going out on a limb here.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Every goalie lets in a meh goal, but Price makes saves at key times like no other goalie in the league. Habs have adjusted since game 1. Vegas has to do the same. Next game is must win or it's over. I guess I'm not going out on a limb here.
We're a superior team, I think we can come back from 3-1, though obviously that'll be difficult. And not unless Fleury reverts to his earlier form.

Frankly, this game shouldn't have been close.

Reactions: bbfan419

Jazzytune

May 21, 2021
I have no doubt we are a far superior team, but styles make fights and we are in real danger of losing to an inferior team that'll get wiped out by Tampa. Sure we can come back, but this game was absolutely snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Been saying all year the powerless play will kill us - not to look ahead but Tampa is clicking at around 40%, we haven't scored a power play goal in 6 games.
FYI, Montreal's PK has not allowed a goal in their last 10 games. They were successful in their last 23 or 24 PKs!

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

Peter DeBoer doesn't do adjustments. His teams bang their head into the wall even harder hoping they finally knock that wall down.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Need Stephenson back in the worst way. He brings speed and more speed.

I think Fleury has been quite shaky the last few games, not just tonight. Back to being out of position and trying to rely on athleticism, and giving up rebounds. Rebounds didn't hurt him tonight because for 3 periods we owned the puck. We looked gassed or deflated in OT.

And please let Tuch play on the third line.

I agree on Fleury but I'm sure he will have a good game to redeem himself. My worry is that Price hasn't had to be spectacular yet and he is very capable of that and may only need to be for two games.

Kypdurron

May 22, 2021
We dominated the game in regulation but we barely touched the puck in OT, that's why we lost. I don't blame Fleury. Mistakes happen, the team just have to fix them, but they did not try at all in OT

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Price has been solid, I don't think he's in God mode... well Vegas at least isn't forcing him to play at a God Mode level.

My plan for Game 4...
Glass in between Stone and Patches.
Reaves out, Sikira In.
Steve Spott Fired,
Win the opening face off, D takes it straight back in the D zone, and then airmails out of play. 2 games with no DoG penalties eitherway and 2 losses, coincidence I think not. :sarcasm::laugh:
Speed + Forecheck

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Should have been as comfortable a win as a one goal win could be in this one. I thought the Colorado series was over after blowing a similar game in game 2 in that one so I won't declare this series over quite yet. It's going to be a grind if Stephenson is out much longer though. Tuch is the only player to move up the line up and he is not a center and doesn't fit with Patches and Stone.

How the f*** do you give up a 2 on 0 in OT? 2 breakaway goals and an empty netter. When they breakdown, they breakdown big.
Ask Toronto. No joke, it happened in game 5 of their series.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Any goalie you've ever seen?????? REALLY ????? You're full of crap. He's got 33 more wins than ANY other active goalie in the NHL in the playoffs. We don't need your BS trolling here .
People should look at post histories. EverettMike is a hardcore Bruins fan who despises the habs. He's just giving an objective take.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: EverettMike

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Vegas should be up 3-0 and yet they are down 2-1, the habs are the luckiest stupid team ever in sports. Please, Please, Please win these next three games Vegas and get rid of the NHL's trash.

Reactions: allbuth4bs

6stringmofo

Mar 12, 2015
Ottawa
No horse in this race, still a huge Stone fan. Yes MAF had a GAF but Montreal had no business being in this game after the 2nd.

Price is making the right saves at the right time.

Reactions: hockeyfan2k18

hockeyfan2k18

Feb 11, 2018
We're a superior team, I think we can come back from 3-1, though obviously that'll be difficult. And not unless Fleury reverts to his earlier form.

Frankly, this game shouldn't have been close.

Fleury would really have to step up and limit the Habs to 1 -2 goals max.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Ask Toronto. No joke, it happened in game 5 of their series.

Our 2 on O resulted from a boneheaded blind pass at MTL's blueline by Galchenyuk in OT which was intercepted catching Muzzin flatfooted with two MTL forwards going the other way.

Last night looked like a horrendous line change gone wrong.

Good luck in the next game boys.. if you play a full 60 like you played the first 40, you should take them as it was pretty one-sided in your favour after two periods, IMO.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
This is also where hte cap and screwing around with Glass hurts. Maybe he doesn't do well in more games, maybe he does. But instead he sat on the taxi squad most of the year. Not to mention he'd be an asset on a worthless PP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad