GDT: SCSF Game 3: Vegas Golden Knights @ Montreal Canadiens | 5:00PM PT | There is a first period.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Unless my memory is completely shot, Sullivan stapled Fleury back to the bench in the Final for that second of two straight Penguins cups, even though he had been playing well after Murray got hurt. When Murray was healthy he went back in.

I'd bench him. I've seen this before with this guy.
Thanks for your brilliant insight. NOT !

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

My guy, I root for two teams: the Bruins and whomever is playing the Habs. I f***ing hate that entire organization, their fans, the city, and anyone who ever has or ever will root for them.

I wanted you guys to sweep them, then beat Tampa in the Final. I am not trolling. I think MAF is a bomb waiting to go off, and tonight he exploded and stole defeat from the jaws of victory.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Unless my memory is completely shot, Sullivan stapled Fleury back to the bench in the Final for that second of two straight Penguins cups, even though he had been playing well after Murray got hurt. When Murray was healthy he went back in.

Lehner is worse. It's pretty much start and stop. He had way worse losses that year when he got replaced by Murray.

I'll add. The team needs way more than 2 goals when you can put that kind of offense zone time. That's the biggest reason for the loss. Vegas can either look like the best offensive team in the league or utterly inept

Reactions: EverettMike

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Sure we can blame Fleury and I will to a degree. But I put a lot of blame on the powerplay and Steve Spott in particular, If we had somewhat of a competent powerplay then we would've won.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Should have been as comfortable a win as a one goal win could be in this one. I thought the Colorado series was over after blowing a similar game in game 2 in that one so I won't declare this series over quite yet. It's going to be a grind if Stephenson is out much longer though. Tuch is the only player to move up the line up and he is not a center and doesn't fit with Patches and Stone.

How the f*** do you give up a 2 on 0 in OT? 2 breakaway goals and an empty netter. When they breakdown, they breakdown big.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Sure we can blame Fleury and I will to a degree. But I put a lot of blame on the powerplay and Steve Spott in particular, If we had somewhat of a competent powerplay then we would've won.

This game was won until one play it wasn't. It's every degree that reason.

I expect him to play better and they will not take him out so that's our chances however they will shake for us.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Fleury made 1 mistake. He had no chance on the OT goal. g
Give him a break. He's played pretty good to amazing at times. Blaming it all on him when the top six forwards are missing in action especially the Captain, the powerplay sucks, and some questionable coaching decisions just doesn't make sense.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018

Fleury is really loved by VGK fans and Lehner is hated, so it will take a lot for fans to change their minds. It was a fluke IMO that he screwed up like that.

Lehner has gotten very little playing time recently so I would be nervous with him in there. When he is sharp I think he looks great, and I think people overreact to his worst performances because just like coaches, fans have their favorite players too, but he wasn’t at his best recently and in the Colorado series he wasn’t always the backup after game 1 so I’m not sure what was going on there.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
The team that deserved to win, won tonight. The Knights frankly are playing like crap but then again gotta give credit to the Canadiens they are making the Knights look like crap.
I am a Habs fan and honestly,except for the OT, Vegas deserves to win.If it wasn’t for Price,you would have win 6-2...

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Fleury is really loved by VGK fans and Lehner is hated, so it will take a lot for fans to change their minds. It was a fluke IMO that he screwed up like that.

Lehner has gotten very little playing time recently so I would be nervous with him in there. When he is sharp I think he looks great, and I think people overreact to his worst performances because just like coaches, fans have their favorite players too, but he wasn’t at his best recently and in the Colorado series he wasn’t always the backup after game 1 so I’m not sure what was going on there.

Obviously defer to you guys on Lehner and where he is right now. I just know I've seen Fleury have more embarrassing playoff gaffes than goalie I've ever seen. And he's been doing it for a long time.

If he's your only choice he's your only choice. You just hope the team can score enough goals to create a margin of error that overcomes them if/when they happen.

I promise I hope this was his last one. I really f***ing hate the Habs.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
1000% rooting for Vegas to win.

1000% don't trust Fleury. Absolutely deflating knowing you have a guy in net capable of gagging in such an unimaginable way at any moment. And it's not like he's never done this before in the playoffs. Gave up some of the worst goals in playoff history with Pittsburgh. Hell, he did it last series with that inexplicable failed attempt to catch the puck across his body.
Yes he was bad ,especially against the Habs vs Pittsburg.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
The game was lost when I called and put my name on the poker list with about 6 minutes to go. Normally I wouldn't risk the jinx in a one goal game but they were cruising. Now I'm too pissed to even want to go. I got double screwed tonight.

On the bright side since it's Saturday tomorrow I won't be bored at work with hours to kill and reading the main boards. I can only imagine the crying about the refs even though they won again.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
These trolls and non VGK fans in here must not have seen last year's semis. This is the PDB offense at its best. It's so damn obvious how you beat this team, dirty work below the goal line and opportunistic players in front of the net. And when you are set up in the zone make the cross slot pass, I can't believe how little they are trying that. They ate up the Avs with that, not seeing it during power plays and not seeing it 5v5.

Reactions: TallyHo

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Obviously defer to you guys on Lehner and where he is right now. I just know I've seen Fleury have more embarrassing playoff gaffes than goalie I've ever seen. And he's been doing it for a long time.

If he's your only choice he's your only choice. You just hope the team can score enough goals to create a margin of error that overcomes them if/when they happen.

I promise I hope this was his last one. I really f***ing hate the Habs.
Any goalie you've ever seen?????? REALLY ????? You're full of crap. He's got 33 more wins than ANY other active goalie in the NHL in the playoffs. We don't need your BS trolling here .

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pengineer

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Fleury made 1 mistake. He had no chance on the OT goal. g
Give him a break. He's played pretty good to amazing at times. Blaming it all on him when the top six forwards are missing in action especially the Captain, the powerplay sucks, and some questionable coaching decisions just doesn't make sense.

The game was won but for one play. That play was the difference to winning and losing.

Giving him his due criticism is fine, this is a day to take it on the chin and move on.

Relax, Fleury is a big boy and can take his deserved dings.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
The game was won but for one play. That play was the difference to winning and losing.

Giving him his due criticism is fine, this is a day to take it on the chin and move on.

Relax, Fleury is a big boy and can take his deserved dings.

I hope he goes 7-0 the rest of the way with seven shutouts, because that would mean Montreal and Tampa both lost.

(I genuinely do like the Knights on their own too.)

All the best luck the rest of the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: TallyHo

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Need Stephenson back in the worst way. He brings speed and more speed.

I think Fleury has been quite shaky the last few games, not just tonight. Back to being out of position and trying to rely on athleticism, and giving up rebounds. Rebounds didn't hurt him tonight because for 3 periods we owned the puck. We looked gassed or deflated in OT.

And please let Tuch play on the third line.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
This team has overcome adversity in the playoffs too. Both teams have. We were down 1-0 to Minnesota and trailing in game 2 after struggling with them our entire existence, and we had several comebacks in the Colorado series after being down 2-0. This team has been great at coming back all season.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
This team has overcome adversity in the playoffs too. Both teams have. We were down 1-0 to Minnesota and trailing in game 2 after struggling with them our entire existence, and we had several comebacks in the Colorado series after being down 2-0. This team has been great at coming back all season.
I have no doubt we are a far superior team, but styles make fights and we are in real danger of losing to an inferior team that'll get wiped out by Tampa. Sure we can come back, but this game was absolutely snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Been saying all year the powerless play will kill us - not to look ahead but Tampa is clicking at around 40%, we haven't scored a power play goal in 6 games.

Reactions: hockeyfan2k18

hockeyfan2k18

Feb 11, 2018
My guy, I root for two teams: the Bruins and whomever is playing the Habs. I f***ing hate that entire organization, their fans, the city, and anyone who ever has or ever will root for them.

I wanted you guys to sweep them, then beat Tampa in the Final. I am not trolling. I think MAF is a bomb waiting to go off, and tonight he exploded and stole defeat from the jaws of victory.

Montreal's a beautiful city. I will agree that MAF is a problem.

hockeyfan2k18

Feb 11, 2018

Biggest problem is Price = God mode. Vegas has to start finishing.

Reactions: Julien LG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad