Post-Game Talk: Scrivens can't keep legs closed Oilers lose.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You knew they'd find a way to blow it.

Four ****ing wins against the division. Couldn't beat any of the Western Canadian teams, the Blues, the Ducks, or the Coyotes.

Are you ****ing kidding me with this team? If it wasn't for the ****** Eastern Conference we would've been far in last place.

Blow it up.

McCrumb

Nov 13, 2005
Thank God this disaster of a season is over. Now Mac T gets to put his assistant GM to work, otherwise know as the welfare draft system. The embarrassment continues year after year.

sundog

Jun 17, 2007
Haha. Can't wait to have a number one goalie. Get your Craig Anderson jerseys ready boys and girls.

My biggest fear is MacT is going to grossly overpay for a goalie.

Cause let's be honest for as bad as Scrivens was tonight, any goalie will eventually look bad behind this team. Game after game after game of giving up 5-bell chances.

Tretiak in his prime couldn't save this team.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
well, on the positive side, if it wasn't clear enough before this game, it is clear now.

Just get rid of Scrivens. Buy him out, or trade him with some retention. Whatever. Get a whole new tandem next season, and for all that is holy get someone established

I'm still partial to Bernier but that's just one option.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Scrivens will get picked up by Buffalo or something and go on to win the Vezina next year :laugh:

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Best thing to come out of this sorry season is Eakins is that we are rid of the cancer that was Dallas Eakins. Glad it's all over.

It's great that Eakins is gone but it's not like we're drastically better under his successor. We need upgrades at all positions.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
You knew they'd find a way to blow it.

Four ****ing wins against the division. Couldn't beat any of the Western Canadian teams, the Blues, the Ducks, or the Coyotes.

Are you ****ing kidding me with this team? If it wasn't for the ****** Eastern Conference we would've been far in last place.

Blow it up.

I haven't gotten this mad about the team in months, my give a **** meter about these games has been at about zero for a long while now.
I commend you for still having this much passion for the team still.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Ben Scrivens school of goaltending. Dive for pucks and then lay on the ice if there's a rebound. Show them the 5 hole so that you don't have to get your jersey wet from the ice when you fall for any other type of shot. Play the puck like you have a broken wrist on one hand and 3 broken fingers on the other. Rinse and repeat.

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
Well I don't know where the goalie we acquired at the end of last season went, but thanks for the year, Ben "that's one that" Scrivens "has got to have".

Butane Fan

Jan 29, 2013
Cowtown
I wonder what this team would do with a real NHL goalie. Maybe that should be a top priority the two clowns we have are not getting it done. There is always next year fml see ya guys near the draft

Jmask83

Oct 3, 2009
The way I look at it is the 2014-15 oilers are now dead. they no longer exist. Hopefully the next version is better.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I haven't gotten this mad about the team in months, my give a **** meter about these games has been at about zero for a long while now.
I commend you for still having this much passion for the team still.

I don't know if I'd call it passion. It dies whenever I'm not watching them but I hold onto the slimmest of hopes that maybe, just maybe they can actually do their fans proud.

But no.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Good riddance
Haven't been more excited for a season to be over
By the way, I flicked off after the Oilers made it 5-3. It's sad when you know your team is going to lose even when you're leading by 2

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Mactavish really impressed with Broissolt, dropped his first hint that he thinks he may even be ready by next year. All off of one game. Guess that means he isn't bringing anybody else in. Mactavish just isn't capable of learning from his mistakes.:shakehead

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Oh well we can look forward to a handful of stupid moves and a team with a number of holes as big as Scrivens 5 hole.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Scrivens will get picked up by Buffalo or something and go on to win the Vezina next year :laugh:

He would do a hell of a lot better elsewhere, that's for sure.

When are some people going to learn that goalies confidence gets wrecked here. It's a team problem, not a Scrivens problem.
This isn't Scrivens fault, any goalie would crumble behind that efense (refuse to give them the D) and the efenseless forwards.

He has stunk but bringing in a goalie and not upgrading any other area is going to result in the same trash again next season unless that goalie is Price or Lundqvist.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Kelowna will start OT on the PP, hopefully Draisaitl and Nurse have strong runs in the postseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad