GDT: SCQ #3 - 8/4/20 | hurricanes @ RANGERS | 8:00 PM - MSG, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Makes you wonder whether "unfit to play" really meant "give Hank two chances to try and prove he can't carry us anymore."

Reactions: McSauer

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
Makes you wonder whether "unfit to play" really meant "give Hank two chances to try and prove he can't carry us anymore."

Gonna have a hard time convincing me otherwise considering people play in the POs with all sorts of crazy shit.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I think its a shit thing to play Igor tonight. If he was hurt enough to not play games 1 and 2, there is no need to stick him in their in this situation. If it turns out that he was healthy, the entire front office should be fired.
Play Georgiev or Hank.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
It’s actually “No, Quit in NY!”
3r5vev.jpg

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think its a shit thing to play Igor tonight. If he was hurt enough to not play games 1 and 2, there is no need to stick him in their in this situation. If it turns out that he was healthy, the entire front office should be fired.
Play Georgiev or Hank.

Their season is on the line.

If other guys actually played then perhaps they wouldn't need to force the issue here. It's clear that something was bothering him and this wasn't a case of giving Hank a shot at running with the starting job, they had no issue basically relegating him to 3rd string before the pause happened.

We need to stop with these conspiracy theories.

Reactions: Siddi

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
Play Georgiev or Hank.

There is also a chance he has a lingering thing going on and didn't want to put him in for what would have been a back to back. By coming in now he has an extra day to recover in case whatever it is gets tweaked.

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
I doubt whatever injury was enough to keep Igor out yesterday has fully healed today. Igor is probably less than 100%.

Sadly, still probably gives these kids a better chance than Hank. I wanted to believe he could pull it together in the playoffs, but he’s done. It breaks my heart to admit.

Let’s just hope he retires gracefully next week, and he becomes part of our organization.

Reactions: McSauer

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Their season is on the line.

If other guys actually played then perhaps they wouldn't need to force the issue here. It's clear that something was bothering him and this wasn't a case of giving Hank a shot at running with the starting job, they had no issue basically relegating him to 3rd string before the pause happened.

We need to stop with these conspiracy theories.

I would love to know what was wrong with him. If it was minor enough to keep him out a couple of days, then he probably could have played all of the games. I'm not peddling conspiracy theories, I just think sticking the kid into this situation is not really ideal.

itsPLkielbasa

Aug 30, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Sadly, still probably gives these kids a better chance than Hank. I wanted to believe he could pull it together in the playoffs, but he’s done. It breaks my heart to admit.

Let’s just hope he retires gracefully next week, and he becomes part of our organization.

He's not going to retire. Still has a nice chunk left on his contract. Maybe they somehow entice him with a font office position, then maybe he'll go that route.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I disagree with the theory that Igor couldn’t play through his injury. I think he could have. I just think the organization felt that they have 3 good goalies, and if their best one is even slightly injured, they can afford to start the others. However, this is a desperate time, so they bring him in

Reactions: Crease

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I would love to know what was wrong with him. If it was minor enough to keep him out a couple of days, then he probably could have played all of the games. I'm not peddling conspiracy theories, I just think sticking the kid into this situation is not really ideal.

Nothing about this is ideal. They're playing in a neutral city during a pandemic after 4+ months off, 95% of the team is either rusty as f*** or still f***ing terrible and the coach is overplaying those f***ing terrible players.

You'll find out what was wrong once they get knocked out. Be that tonight, Thursday, whenever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad