GDT: SCQ #3 - 8/4/20 | hurricanes @ RANGERS | 8:00 PM - MSG, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
As others have said we can't have Hank start again. Not that its really his fault the team is playing like shit but there needs to be some kind of change made when the team goes 0-3 including the exhibition game.

If the series is over today, its been a great season and one in which we definitely overachieved. None of us expected to be a playoff team when the season started and there are a number of positives to take into the offseason.

With that being said, there do need to be some changes to the roster. I think we should look to trade Strome and pursue a 2C/3C in free agency. We also need defensive depth, playing Smith and Staal as top 4 d-men just isn't going to cut it.

From a coaching perspective, I think Quinn has done a lot of good and a lot of not so good. We are quick to judge him but at the end of the day he is new at the NHL level, all we can ask for is for him to learn from his mistakes this year and continue improving.

I am also very excited to see how Chytil and Kakko continue developing, those two guys will be very important down the stretch.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Trading ADA only makes sense if its a Godfather deal.

No 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 deals where he obviously is and continues to be the best player traded. There are plenty of addition by subtraction moves that can be made by this team that can open up space.

Reactions: kovazub94

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

No 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 deals where he obviously is and continues to be the best player traded. There are plenty of addition by subtraction moves that can be made by this team that can open up space.

I think the Rangers will also take into consideration his salary requirements as well.

So any deal involving ADA, if indeed the Rangers go down that path, will likely have a financial component.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

IDK, this team needs depth, especially at forward.

If we could collect several coast controlled young NHL ready forwards, that would be ideal.

Something kind of similar to what we gave Arizona for Yandle, minus the salary retention.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
IDK, this team needs depth, especially at forward.

If we could collect several coast controlled young NHL ready forwards, that would be ideal.

Something kind of similar to what we gave Arizona for Yandle, minus the salary retention.

They do, but you don't sacrifice your best players to get that depth.

The Yandle return would be horrendous for DeAngelo, who has way more control left. Wanna sell me on a return with a player like Sam Reinhart? Fine.

A top prospect, a nothing defenseman and a few picks is not the return we should be looking for.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Need to win the 1st period. No penalties or goals given up in the first 5 minutes. 1 period, 1 game at a time.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It's a shame that Barron can't step in like Kreider when he made his debut in the playoffs

I wouldn't want to burn an ELC year for one game.

In fact, given the cap situation, ELC roster players are going to be worth their weight in gold.

Reactions: bl02

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Waiting for the huge sale on No Quit in New York t-shirts.

Found this

117073305_303190437551020_1124004307473510034_n.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad