GDT: SCQ #3 - 8/4/20 | hurricanes @ RANGERS | 8:00 PM - MSG, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Would be nice to see Panarin, Zibanejad and Kreider carry to the team to a playoff win tonight. The Rangers aren't going to win this series (and were underdogs coming in) but you'd like to see that competitiveness from your best guys.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Canes will steamroll us easily and sweep us. I hope it's over quickly to get rid of 30% of this team. I want a new bottom 6. We need a #1 defenseman. And last but not least Hank has to go. It's been a terrific career but enough is enough.

Reactions: McSauer

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
We win today. IF Georgiev or Shesty play.

Its not a noon game finally. We are terrible in day games. If/when we win today, hopefully the next 2 are not noon games

Reactions: Cmox

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
You guys know that if Kravtsov plays it's going to be Gauthier sitting and not Howden or McKegg.

JMHO, but it only makes sense from my POV to play Kravy right now if its on any of the top 2 lines. Understanding our top offensive talent and being able to think the game at their level is the only "USP" he got right now. The biggest problem is that he has not been able to really mix his game with a limited assignment. Its not really the play away from the puck that is the problem, its that when he holds on to the puck and make plays with it, he haven't had any confidence or at least hasn't been able to execute well enough.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Canes will steamroll us easily and sweep us. I hope it's over quickly to get rid of 30% of this team. I want a new bottom 6. We need a #1 defenseman. And last but not least Hank has to go. It's been a terrific career but enough is enough.

We need to realize that we need a 4th line to start with. We haven't even tried to have a 4th line this season, it has been the placeholder for a PKing D.

McKegg is likable but he just haven't been good for us. Just looking around the league, there are plenty of very atypical players on the 4th lines out there. Hockeyplayers and not checkers. You need the mix.

Hopefully Howden can improve. Howden hasn't been good at all, hands down. But I am not so sure that I agree with those saying that there is zero potential for him to improve. There are many years until player like him should peak. In the meantime he should be cheap.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
You guys know that if Kravtsov plays it's going to be Gauthier sitting and not Howden or McKegg.
Yeah absolutely, and it will not go well. Fogarty sits for Lemieux, and you would have to sit someone for Krav, and they certainly wont be scatching McKegg and moving Gauthier to LW. We will see, I am 99% sure Kravtsov wont play.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Quinn has nothing to lose so it's now or never; try something different.

Quinn is a surprisingly stubborn fool. When he scratched Staal a long time ago, maybe he was proving that he was someone different who was not afraid of making bold moves. We were wrong.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Quinn much like the players has things to work on next year. He's in love with Smith and he freakin sucks. He can't be on this team next season. Either can Staal. I like Gauthier a lot long term. He should get better as the rest of the young players get better. I predicted the Canes to win as experience matters in the playoffs and this team has very little. That and Hank allowed a soft goal in game 1 to start it off and two soft goals to start off game 2. He should not have played. It's over for a HOF goalie. Quinn doesn't have any clue how to implement a defensive system. That needs to change without hurting the creativity of his offensive players.

Kakko is going to be a beast. You can see it coming. The problem will be what to do with the defense. Lundkvist is an elite prospect. He should have been rated in the top 10 easy for what he did in the league he played in. You can't have 3, 5'll defenseman on the right side. Or even on your D. I said it months ago. I see TDA moving to wing after next season. I also don't think Buchnevich is a player you win with in the playoffs. He's way too inconsistent and has no control over his emotions. I think you will see some sort of package deal with Strome, Buchnevich and a pick or prospect for a legit, 24-27 year old second center. Strome is not the answer. TDA will never be a good defensive defenseman and you need that in the playoffs. I've said they will draft Schneider with their highest first rounder and I stick by it. He's the type of defenseman they don't have enough of. Plus, I could also see TDA getting moved if they don't move him to wing. You aren't paying Trouba, Fox, TDA, Lindgren what they will get. Some don't like TDA going to wing but I think he's one of those rare guys that can pull it off. His wrist shot and passing is elite. I'd much rather have him on the wing on a top line than Buchnevich.

Ultimately, I think there are going to be some very tough decisions ahead for this team and some popular faces will be out the door.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If Igor can't go--go with Alex. Henrik's 0 for 3 now if you count the Islander game.

Lemieux should be back---I really like his physical game but IMO he might just be the stupidest player (his main competition is the other Brendan) we have. Still let chaos theory have its way.

It's better our young kids play these games than not even if they turn into clown shows for us. It would be good if we won one of them though. Next time around they'll be more ready.

Reactions: Zats Muccarello

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Quinn much like the players has things to work on next year. He's in love with Smith and he freakin sucks. He can't be on this team next season. Either can Staal. I like Gauthier a lot long term. He should get better as the rest of the young players get better. I predicted the Canes to win as experience matters in the playoffs and this team has very little. That and Hank allowed a soft goal in game 1 to start it off and two soft goals to start off game 2. He should not have played. It's over for a HOF goalie. Quinn doesn't have any clue how to implement a defensive system. That needs to change without hurting the creativity of his offensive players.

Kakko is going to be a beast. You can see it coming. The problem will be what to do with the defense. Lundkvist is an elite prospect. He should have been rated in the top 10 easy for what he did in the league he played in. You can't have 3, 5'll defenseman on the right side. Or even on your D. I said it months ago. I see TDA moving to wing after next season. I also don't think Buchnevich is a player you win with in the playoffs. He's way too inconsistent and has no control over his emotions. I think you will see some sort of package deal with Strome, Buchnevich and a pick or prospect for a legit, 24-27 year old second center. Strome is not the answer. TDA will never be a good defensive defenseman and you need that in the playoffs. I've said they will draft Schneider with their highest first rounder and I stick by it. He's the type of defenseman they don't have enough of. Plus, I could also see TDA getting moved if they don't move him to wing. You aren't paying Trouba, Fox, TDA, Lindgren what they will get. Some don't like TDA going to wing but I think he's one of those rare guys that can pull it off. His wrist shot and passing is elite. I'd much rather have him on the wing on a top line than Buchnevich.

Ultimately, I think there are going to be some very tough decisions ahead for this team and some popular faces will be out the door.
DetailedAdvancedCutworm-size_restricted.gif

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Would be nice to get a win today, I dont wanna get swept, neither do the players, I'm optimistic we can get it together today.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I love ada’s game but I’d certainly be willing to gauge the trade market for him if his contract expectations are in excess of 7 million a year.

This team is still not good yet, and we are going to have to make some challenging choices. I will say that UKRQs idea of moving deangelo to wing is terrible, however. Give me one example of an offensive defensemen who was more valuable at wing. Byfuglien and Burns were both wasted at that position.

Last edited:
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Jeez, the negativity in here really reminds you of the game five thread against pitt in 2014. Win a game and see what happens, either way enjoy the fact your team is playing...
Speaking of that Pittsburgh series, coming off the tough Game 4 loss, there was a feeling that we needed to reverse all the badness of the previous games. We don't. Next game starts 0-0.

Reactions: bleedblue94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese