Waived: Scott Wilson (clears waivers, assigned to Amerks)

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
What’s the time limit on a conditioning stint? They probably feel he needs some time to get his game back. I imagine they feel comfortable he won’t get claimed since he hasn’t played all year, has 1mil salary and another season to go at that rate.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Assuming Botts did his homework in this. He should clear. If not, wtf are you doing?

What homework? Call all the teams and ask if they'd claim him?

Any team that would claim him would be like sure, we won't claim him just go on and waive him.

Easy answer to this is no NHL team will take the risk of a waiver claim on a guy no one has seen played after a major injury.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Bots signs the guy over the summer, Housley doesn't think hes fit over Elie and refuses to play him in the line-up, Botterill forced to send him to the AHL?

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Waaaat. He is 10x better than Elie...

If Elie is waived Dallas can claim him back and send him to their AHL without waivers, which they more than likely would since that's what they were wanting to do when Buffalo claimed him in the first place.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
What homework? Call all the teams and ask if they'd claim him?

Any team that would claim him would be like sure, we won't claim him just go on and waive him.

Easy answer to this is no NHL team will take the risk of a waiver claim on a guy no one has seen played after a major injury.
GMs build relationships. There is no way one would damage a relationship with Botts by lying directly to him over a hurt Scott Wilson. I would be surprised if he didn’t ask around and see if certain teams would take him.

Reactions: kundahlini

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
I just hope nobody claims him. He's a bottom 6 player I've never hated whilst in Buffalo. Remie Elie is so much worse of a hockey player. I think he might actually bring less to the table than Jordan Nolan.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
At first I was shocked because I thought the Sabres were terminating his contract.

But it makes more sense if they are sending him to Roch.

I am sure we will see him back up here at some point (if he clears).

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
GMs build relationships. There is no way one would damage a relationship with Botts by lying directly to him over a hurt Scott Wilson. I would be surprised if he didn’t ask around and see if certain teams would take him.
That’s now how it works. There are only 31 jobs, these guys loyal to the business first, not each other.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
That’s now how it works. There are only 31 jobs, these guys loyal to the business first, not each other.
I never said these guys weren't loyal to the business first...

It helps the business if you have good relationships with other GMs. Not stabbing them in the back at every opportunity.

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
I never said these guys weren't loyal to the business first...

It helps the business if you have good relationships with other GMs. Not stabbing them in the back at every opportunity.
Very true; but this isn’t a position GMs are put in. No one calls asking if there are gonna pick up a 1.2 million dollar player that averages 20? Points a year. There a hundreds of those guys out there.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
it's actually not, its pretty cut and dry and no where near outlandish at all given that its an entirely reasonable scenario.
no, it is pretty outlandish. Wilson hasnt played all year, is signed for one more year and likely needs longer than a conditioning stint is allowed to get his legs. Nobody is claiming him to keep him on their roster. If he was claimed and sent down, Buffalo could claim him back and send him directly to Rochester. It isn't a very reasonable scenario.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Maybe to you, but there's now 2 of us that disagree.
Ok, I will bite... What is so hot about it?
no, it is pretty outlandish. Wilson hasnt played all year, is signed for one more year and likely needs longer than a conditioning stint is allowed to get his legs. Nobody is claiming him to keep him on their roster. If he was claimed and sent down, Buffalo could claim him back and send him directly to Rochester. It isn't a very reasonable scenario.
Him getting sent down means Housley won't play him, regardless of the reasoning (Which I gave none) if we used your reasoning, it still stands that Housley refuses to play him. With Housley refusing to play him "because he needs conditioning" that means Botterill is forced to send him down to the AHL.

What is so hot about that?

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Ok, I will bite... What is so hot about it?
Him getting sent down means Housley won't play him, regardless of the reasoning (Which I gave none) if we used your reasoning, it still stands that Housley refuses to play him. With Housley refusing to play him "because he needs conditioning" that means Botterill is forced to send him down to the AHL.

What is so hot about that?

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
I like the Wilson move

This team is hurting enough up front, without having to deal with Wilson trying to play catch-up while other guys are in mid-season form.

Reactions: Zman5778

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad