Confirmed with Link: Scott Laughton new contract 5 x $3M

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Nah, the team sucks, but it's all the fault of Hayes, Laughton and Provorov, Hagg & Braun.
Couts, G, Voracek, JVR, TK, Ghost and Sanheim are blameless.
All you need to do is replace the top 5 on your list with prime time Gretzky lemieux, Orr, Robinson, and potvin. Have to get the fanboys stars proper usage!

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Since some only want to pretend that it's Laughton S% that matters. The last 2 yeas ASSISTS:

Laughton has 24 in 90 games...so 22 per 82 games
Giroux has 32 in 111 games...so 24 per 82 games

You would think our best passer would demolish Laughton in ES ASSIST, right?

And you can't use the Hayes excuse when we know Laughton play lots with Hayes.

Oh, and Giroux averages 14:47 at ES/game during this time and Laughton 13:03. So can't use that excuse either.

Maybe instead of bashing Laughton, how about bashing Giroux for not widely outproducing this shit player at ES.

You’re better than this, Tri. I can’t fathom why you want to die on this hill.

Laughton had 1 monster 5v5/ES scoring season you’re using every time you throw out these numbers. One shortened season to skew it. No one ever said it wasn’t a great scoring season. I certainly didn’t — I’ve praised his scoring ability. Why should Giroux — or any player — have to perennially outscore Laughton’s single outlier season? He was 26th in the league in 5v5 points/60 ahead of many truly elite players.

This season he’s fallen back in line with his middle 6 scoring career averages. To be fair, his play driving impact has returned to neutral from drag, which also falls in line with his career (that’s a positive). This all seemed predictable, unless you thought Laughton was the best 5v5 shooter in the league (to match his league best shooting %) and a dominant offensive talent. It appears some people implicitly did because they keep bringing up that small sample as proof of....what I don’t know.

But since you keep bringing up Giroux, that career and statistical outlier season scoring by Laughton roughly matches or is bested by a past prime Giroux in 3 of his last 4 seasons. And for the record: Laughton is generally used as a top 6 forward with top 6 forwards, so let’s portray his usage and expectations with full context, now and going forward.

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
PIT APR 15 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 23 15:32
WSH APR 13 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 22 14:57
BUF APR 11 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 4 23 15:04
BOS APR 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 20 16:09
NYI APR 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 24 15:29
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Scott
Laughton
since
his
DEAL!!! :laugh:
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

There's something wrong with your chart. It has all those letters and numbers and stuff in it.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Whatever, in my opinion he isn’t an obvious hit. That’s all. No semantics involved. If he’s a hit as a second rounder that’s a low bar to set for a gm. My opinion. If Bobby brink plays only 40 nhl games by the age of 27. I wouldn’t put him in the hit category. Like I don’t think many here would.

This is the lamest dunk attempt I've seen in a while. We're quibbling over what "hit" means for a 2nd round pick. For me, if you have a serviceable NHLer with a 2nd round pick, you beat the odds.

Also, GTFO with your disingenuous Brink comparison. It's a completely different position with a longer development curve, vastly fewer available roster spots across the league, and it's much harder to get into games. Your 12th best forward plays most nights. Your 2nd best goalie sits most nights.

That's before we even get into the what the post you responded to was saying, which is that deady refuses to admit he's wrong even when his own stated preferred stats PROVE he's wrong.

I didn’t say you did. Was busting tripods chops. Sarcastic that’s all.

You aren't even understanding what you're reading. Tripod was already being sarcastic. I'm wasting my time.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
This is the lamest dunk attempt I've seen in a while. We're quibbling over what "hit" means for a 2nd round pick. For me, if you have a serviceable NHLer with a 2nd round pick, you beat the odds.

Also, GTFO with your disingenuous Brink comparison. It's a completely different position with a longer development curve, vastly fewer available roster spots across the league, and it's much harder to get into games. Your 12th best forward plays most nights. Your 2nd best goalie sits most nights.

That's before we even get into the what the post you responded to was saying, which is that deady refuses to admit he's wrong even when his own stated preferred stats PROVE he's wrong.

You aren't even understanding what you're reading. Tripod was already being sarcastic. I'm wasting my time.

Yes, you are. And for that, you have my apologies, Mja

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018

You are the one “not getting it”. I have ZERO clue about what deadhead was discussing. Mine was directed at a different poster. Only read his stolarz was a hit as a draft pick post. I disagree. Especially at this point. And then another minion, like yourself, gave me some made up stats over a 6 game span to prove how Edmonton won the stolarz -Talbot trade “easily “ based on those stats. Like a 6 game span matters anyway.
To me, talbot is the better goalie and stolarz isn’t a hit pick. Sorry that ruffled so many of the minions feathers.

And the Bobby brink thing makes me laugh. I wouldn’t call him a hit if he doesn’t play 200+ games. You trade up in the 2nd round. You are expecting an nhl player. No doubt.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Laughton is a useful player, underrated by some but:

1- if he really wanted to be a flyer, trade him for assets and sign him as a Ufa

2- flyers have a lot of talented forwards, Laughton is a luxury, not an explicit need

3- there are a lot of forward prospects that in a good organization would be trusted to fill his role. Too bad the flyer's management through two cycles are scared p***yes.

4- you just know even if his play has declined in later years, Laughton will be overused by whatever old school coach they bring in next

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad