Waived: Scott Darling & Valentin Zykov

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
1.) I’m not saying similar to waivers, I’m saying similar to bonehead moves, such as the Hagelin trade
2.) yes, they get an extra year and save money for Doughty’s deal, but you get a 4 year old winger and there’s no guarantee he gets better as he gets older, plus if you were looking to maximize value, just wait until Pearson got through his slump and trade the winger that is younger and had higher point totals in his career than Hagelin
I hope you're sharing your expertise in player development and scouting reports with Carolina.Why waste your talents on HFBOARDS and apply for GM or a player development gig?:sarcasm:

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Vancouver has to be in on Zykov if they get the chance. Would really help get Horvat a potential winger with Baertschi still injured. I could see LA picking him up as well though since they are first in the order and it would give Willie another Russian to play on the 4th line with Kovalchuck.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I've always liked Zykov. Still could be a 20 goal player there. I'd take a flier on him. I know he can be a bit lazy defensively, but if anyone can fix that it's Hitchcock. If not, put him back on waivers and no big loss. Really have nothing to lose by giving him a shot.

Last edited:

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
I hope you're sharing your expertise in player development and scouting reports with Carolina.Why waste your talents on HFBOARDS and apply for GM or a player development gig?:sarcasm:
hmmm stating my opinion now qualifies me for a general manager spot? Although I’d do a better job than what Blake would with that trade

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Don't do it, Holmgren. Don't do it.
giphy.gif

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Vancouver has to be in on Zykov if they get the chance. Would really help get Horvat a potential winger with Baertschi still injured. I could see LA picking him up as well though since they are first in the order and it would give Willie another Russian to play on the 4th line with Kovalchuck.

I thought you might say "because they drafted him and are familiar" but the boldfaced gave me a better laugh so thanks :laugh:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
As nice as it would be to see Zykov return to his draft team and as much as LA needs young scorers, I kind of hope for his sake that they don't claim him. If Desjardins' treatment of Kovalchuk (and the reported treatment of the Nucks' Russians) is any indication, he won't get the opportunity that he needs, if he gets playing time at all.

please point out when LA has made a similar move?

Bishop. That doesn't mean that Darling makes sense for LA any more, but it might've a few weeks ago when both of their goalies were injured and Petersen had yet to debut, so I wouldn't blame an outsider for suggesting it.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
As nice as it would be to see Zykov return to his draft team and as much as LA needs young scorers, I kind of hope for his sake that they don't claim him. If Desjardins' treatment of Kovalchuk (and the reported treatment of the Nucks' Russians) is any indication, he won't get the opportunity that he needs, if he gets playing time at all.

No one knows what is influencing Kovi on the 4th line.Its all speculation.Zykov I hope is picked up by the Kings.Kings need to get younger.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Bishop. That doesn't mean that Darling makes sense for LA any more, but it might've a few weeks ago when both of their goalies were injured and Petersen had yet to debut, so I wouldn't blame an outsider for suggesting it.

You mean when LA got Biship and a 5th for Budaj Cernak and a 7th. They moved up in the draft and then flipped Bishop's rights for a 4th. Hardly a bonehead trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad