Injury Report: Schmaltz Placed on IR, (UPD: Out for remainder of season).

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Seriously who the f*** is our doctor. "This could either be a stubbed toe or a broken femur not sure let's say day-to-day"

ihave.jpg

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
This team isnt exactly made up of tough physical kind of guys. Not really surprising.

Imagine if it was the more physical playoffs we would end up having to use all the AHL guys by the end of a series or two. Only semi joking.

This team isnt built for a full season.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I kinda want to get this one out of the way cause in the past (which ever season it was Smith got hurt at the end of the year) where the team blamed injuries for failures. Because while it's true that the injuries hurt then and are hurting now. Are they really hurting all that much? They just weren't the key factor back then but the team leaned SUPER hard on that narrative. I expect the same will happen this year.

Losing Schmaltz is a much bigger deal on paper than Demers, Grabner, Chychrun, Dvorak, and even Raanta (the way he was playing this year)

Before the Schmaltz trade we were 9-10-2
After we're 8-11

This is a trade that even the people who disliked it thought we should get an immediate boost from because we traded a non-factor for a factor. And yet we got a quickie 4 game win streak out of it (which we had already had with the prior roster makeup btw too) and basically nothing else. Literally all of the results of the Schmaltz trade have been vastly overstated. Keller's chemistry with Schmaltz was so great they got split up after a couple weeks and haven't been back together much at all since.

So.........

The problem this team has was not caused by injuries. The problem this team has was evident the first 4 games of the season where they scored a grand total of 3 goals in 4 games.

Carry on about how we have no luck and such cause that's still true of course.

Reactions: _Del_ and RemoAZ

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
My god has this year been an injury disaster.

How does this affect a Schmaltz extension?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
My god has this year been an injury disaster.

How does this affect a Schmaltz extension?
They will pay him $8 mill. and name him our #1C. He will then get hurt in training camp and be out all year. We won't pay Chucky the going rate so he will want out and Gunslinger will panic and trade him for a 32 yo winger citing we need scoring. RT likes the deal because he can trust him and he is sticky. RT puts him on a line with Archibald and Cousins and names them our first line. Rinse and repeat.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Honestly I think Schmaltz has been our best player since he arrived. I’d pay him.

I'd be surprised if they didn't. It was basically the first thing anyone said about why Schmaltz was traded. That's about as known a known as there is.

And hey we've only Ribeiro on the books for one more year!

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00