Injury Report: Schmaltz Placed on IR, (UPD: Out for remainder of season).

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
How did Schmaltz get hurt? Did he slip in the shower? Did he hurt himself doing FO drills? He has 0 hits in 17 games. He avoids contact like the plague.

I rewatched the end of his last game (12/30) and there is no apparent injury. He was still skating with speed on his last shift of the game with 4 minutes to play. Must be either an off ice injury or something from practice.

Reactions: SniperHF

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I rewatched the end of his last game (12/30) and there is no apparent injury. He was still skating with speed on his last shift of the game with 4 minutes to play. Must be either an off ice injury or something from practice.

Maybe the injury was there but maybe not outright limiting his speed?
Players have suited up with knee injuries before and sometimes can skate up and down pretty close to their normal ability. But cutting left/right, hard stops, backwards skating are usually problems.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Maybe the injury was there but maybe not outright limiting his speed?
Players have suited up with knee injuries before and sometimes can skate up and down pretty close to their normal ability. But cutting left/right, hard stops, backwards skating are usually problems.

Possible.
Was he playing with the injury because the team still had playoff hopes, and now with all hope lost decided to have the surgery and end his season?

Last edited:

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Did they ever announce what the injury to the knee was? Torn ACL?
Craig Morgan had an interview [Paywall] with Chayka last week, this is the most specifics I've heard with regard to Schmaltz's injury.

A player fell on his leg in the neutral zone. He was cutting one way and the player fell on his leg. With those types of injuries, it’s about the vector of force and if it goes the wrong way it creates an issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->