Status
Not open for further replies.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
The gif is hilarious. :laugh:

The gif doesn't translate into better hockey though. :cry:

Emoticons. :handclap:

If we're talking about Horvat as the 3C (and he seems to be right now, with Henrik > Bonino > Horvat > Vey generally in terms of ice time) then Hansen is pretty much the perfect fit there with his speed and defensive ability. They've been very good possession-wise in the time they've been put together and while Kenins may stay there too or move down it's one of the duos that should stay together IMO.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Surprised at the criticism of the defence here. Thought this was one of our best defensive games of the season. Gave St. Louis virtually nothing in terms of scoring chances save for a couple early Sbieksa shifts, only goal was a seeing-eye point shot. Only one odd-man rush against all night that I can remember. Thought the top two pairings were airtight.

Tanev and Vrbata were the best players on the ice. Vrbata was surgical tonight, awesome game. Lack was solid but had to make fewer difficult saves than in most recent games.

Glad the Dorsett-Vey line finally saw somewhat appropriate icetime.

Bonino is rounding back into form after his 3 month slump, thankfully. Last few games have been a huge improvement, looks like the guy from October again.

Can't believe we have 21 EN goals. Crazy number, 5 more than anyone else, 8 more than 3rd, and more than double the 10th place team.

Toni Zamboni

Mar 13, 2015
Twitter@Toni_Zamboni
twitter.com
27zbryh.jpg

Reckage

Mar 12, 2014
Surprised at the criticism of the defence here. Thought this was one of our best defensive games of the season. Gave St. Louis virtually nothing in terms of scoring chances save for a couple early Sbieksa shifts, only goal was a seeing-eye point shot. Only one odd-man rush against all night that I can remember. Thought the top two pairings were airtight.

I was critical of Hamhuis and Edler. To be fair to them and the rest of the defence, some of the issues with puck control in our own end should be owned by our wingers. I'm trying to think of one of these guys who is good at getting the puck out of the zone along the boards.

Still trying.

Okay, Burrows comes to mind. He is usually willing to fight hard enough to out-battle the opposition and move the puck across the blueline.

The number of times the wingers turn the puck over on the side boards may help explain why our defence holds onto the puck too long and why they occasionally get too creative. The thing I don't really understand is why they don't put it off the glass and out a few times to relieve pressure.

But yes, overall you are right. This was one of the best defensive games we have seen this season. If they could only play this way at home against lesser teams, they might already be in the playoffs by a wide margin.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Full agree that the Blues need a new coach.

I think they also need a turnover in the leadership core up front. Backes and Oshie are support players that get treated as go to guys and are the face of the franchise. They need to transition to having the young talent take over that leadership role and the only real way to do that is move out the old core.

Of course watch them go on to have great playoff success now that I've said this...

yoss

May 25, 2011
Oh yeah, that's hot. TFW when bae probably doesn't even think about you anymore. :(

Hope you guys land 1st overall/ McDavid. Was always a Yotes fan, far as Western conference teams go.

New #17 >>> old # 17 for me. (sorry Kes) Was pretty much a Vrby fan from day 1, but even so his play this year has been a revelation to me. Not only clutch but comes across as a good teammate and likeable guy from post games and the intermissions w/ game player bio's etc.

Putting him with Bonino-Higgins has done wonders for that second line which was not producing much in the middle-ish part of the season.

Win against Nashville would be great. Hopefully the Preds continue resting up some key players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad