Not open for further replies.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
large.png
vs.
large.png

(76GP | 43-27-5 | 2nd Pacific)________(75GP | 46-22-7 | 2nd Central)

When: Monday, March 30th, 2015
Where: Scottrade Center, St. Louis, MO
Matchup: Vancouver leads the season series 2-0.

----------

404131_1425057568775.jpg

Vancouver Canucks
(Speculated & Unconfirmed Line-up)

SedinDaniel.png
SedinHenrik.png
BurrowsAlex.png

HigginsChris.png
Bonino-Nick.png
Vrbata-Radim.png

MatthiasShawn_2.png
Vey-Linden.png
Dorsett-Derek.png

Kenins-Ronalds.png
Horvat-Bo.png
HansenJannik.png

EdlerAlex.png
TanevChristopher_1.png

HamhuisDan.png
WeberYannick_1.png

Sbisa-Luca.png
BieksaKevin.png

LackEddie_1.png
MarkstromJacob_3.png

---------

EP-303029997.jpg&updated=201503020144&maxw=1200&maxh=1200

St. Louis Blues

Steen|Backes|Oshie
Schwartz|Lehtera|Tarasenko
Jaskin|Statsny|Berglund
Ott|Goc|Reaves

Gunnarson|Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester|Michalek
Jackman|Shattenkirk

Elliot
Allen

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Very slick! Nice job.

Wonder how the goaltending will be split (if it gets split at all) between Lack and Markstrom for this back to back. Pick your poison, really. I would call Nashville the more difficult opponent, so do you run Lack vs. St. Louis and try hard for the win the first night, and toss Markstrom in against the top team in the West? Or do you roll Markstrom against St. Louis, hope the Canucks can maintain their strong level of play they've shown against St. Louis over the past season or two, and then put Lack back in vs. Nashville?

Or do you say the hell with it, and try and run Lack in both starts?

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Very slick! Nice job.

Wonder how the goaltending will be split (if it gets split at all) between Lack and Markstrom for this back to back. Pick your poison, really. I would call Nashville the more difficult opponent, so do you run Lack vs. St. Louis and try hard for the win the first night, and toss Markstrom in against the top team in the West? Or do you roll Markstrom against St. Louis, hope the Canucks can maintain their strong level of play they've shown against St. Louis over the past season or two, and then put Lack back in vs. Nashville?

Or do you say the hell with it, and try and run Lack in both starts?

I think if they do split, you put Markstrom in the Blues game. I agree that Nashville is the tougher opponent, not to say the Blues aren't. I just think in that case, if Marky loses, you play a rested Lack in Nashville. If he starts this one, and loses, you get caught between either playing him in both games with no rest, or putting Marstrom in for a crucial game against the Preds. If Lack plays this one and wins, than I guess you keep rolling him, or at least you put Markstrom in a Preds game that is slightly less crucial If we pick up points in the Blues game.

Despite everything said though, I still think if Markstrom gets comfortable early, he can stick it out. Just need the team, defense especially, to be strong around whichever goalie they use in these next couple of games.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Feb 5, 2006
Calgary
Lack in St.Louis. We have owned them the past 2 years, so lets try to get the win there and improve our PO chances. Markstrom in Nashville if we win in St.Louis

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
As far as I'm concerned these next two teams are the best teams in the league. Bring your A game boys from start to finish! :yo:

Phred Phlinstone

Feb 12, 2015
White Rock, BC
To paraphrase Henrik Sedin, teams of the Blues ilk are "easy" to get up for (he made this statement after their big win over the Pens in early February). With that kind of attitude that pervades through the Canucks locker room from the Captain, the games against the Blues, Preds and 'hawks should be eazzee peazzee.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
To paraphrase Henrik Sedin, teams of the Blues ilk are "easy" to get up for (he made this statement after their big win over the Pens in early February). With that kind of attitude that pervades through the Canucks locker room from the Captain, the games against the Blues, Preds and 'hawks should be eazzee peazzee.

The Canucks have certainly played to the level of their opponents of late, whether that be good, bad or ugly. Given the calibre of our next few opponents, I hope they continue that pattern.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Feel like we're due for a loss against these guys, they're too good to keep losing to a middling team like the Canucks.

Hope I'm wrong though since I was feeling good about last night's game.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Lovely GDT TPM.

I say start Lack and go with Marky tomorrow. St Louis seems more likely to create goaltender trouble than Nashville, even if Nashville is the better team.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
As far as I'm concerned these next two teams are the best teams in the league. Bring your A game boys from start to finish! :yo:

They are, but it depends which nashville we see though, preds rested rinne, weber, neal vs flames today.

Lets hope we get the same treatment but i have my doubts we will.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Feel like we're due for a loss against these guys, they're too good to keep losing to a middling team like the Canucks.

Hope I'm wrong though since I was feeling good about last night's game.

Sadly were due for a loss on this trip to the blues, hawks and jets, unless were going to win every game against them this year.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
Guaranteed Backes hissyfit night

Should be expected at this point in time. I cannot remember a game in the past 5 years that Backes didn't have a crazy hissy fit, whine, complain, and so on...

It's the Backes way;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad