Post-Game Talk: Scheduled win against Blues Affirmative | Canucks 4 @ Blues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
vZjeUe1.png

Great time management from WD here. This is what I'd like to see.

Although we need to get better in faceoffs.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
The second line has been carrying the team. Especially Vrbata. If Bones can get back to being as effective as he was at the beginning of the season that would be a great advantage having two top lines.
Sedins have been struggling a bit. Hopefully Kassian is back soon to change up that line.

The Sedins haven't done much in the last week or so, but have you really already forgotten the crazy streaks they each went on just prior?

I think they're taking it a bit easy before the play-offs. Higgins and Bonino have been picking up recently, and Vrbata has been trucking along all season.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
4 points in his last 5 games. 11 goals, 34 points....He had a bad stretch but I'd say those numbers are alright.

given his opportunity his numbers have been lousy. When you are given PP time its your job as an NHL to produce. When you are given top 6 time its your job to produce. If not you should face criticism.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
The Sedins haven't done much in the last week or so, but have you really already forgotten the crazy streaks they each went on just prior?

I think they're taking it a bit easy before the play-offs. Higgins and Bonino have been picking up recently, and Vrbata has been trucking along all season.

Lol, all he said is the Sedins have been struggling, which they have. That doesn't mean he has forgotten their whole season or he's writing them off. :laugh:

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Everyone is counting tomorrow as an insta-loss. There is a good chance we lose tomorrow, but it's not impossible we win. We all counted that last Rangers game as an auto-loss... but the Canucks hammered them and won nicely. Let's hope tomorrow is the same!

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
given his opportunity his numbers have been lousy. When you are given PP time its your job as an NHL to produce. When you are given top 6 time its your job to produce. If not you should face criticism.

Our whole second unit hasn't produced....hell our whole first unit hasn't produced, really. He's been producing as of late. Since being put back on the second line with Vrbata and Bonino, he has been putting points up

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Vrbata has 18 points in last 15 games (Since Feb 26)
Bonino has 10 points in last 16 games. (Since Feb 26)
Higgins has 8 points in last 12 games. (Since Mar 1)

Bonino and Higgins had a dry spell, mixed in with injuries and illness. They've been good for a month, now.

Vrbata has just gone nuts.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Well, nice to get the mandated W against St Loo, who we've owned for years for whatever bizarre reason. Great goaltending from the Stork as usual, spread out the scoring, didn't wilt under (non)pressure. All is not roses however.

I'm really wondering about our d corps. Not just the usual Sbieksa = horrible complaint, I mean everyone except Tanev. Every one of our d pairs struggles so badly to get pucks out of their own zone. Every one has an unerring tendency to throw pucks up the boards to nobody except the other team. Every one loses board battles with alarming frequency. I know the forwards are partly responsible for the mayhem, the gap between them widens far too quickly a lot of the time, but I really have to wonder what Lidster's telling these guys sometimes. Edler's looking more and more like the Tortorella model lately; that blank stare as soon as he has the puck on his stick is distressingly familiar. Hamhuis, formerly a pillar of strength, has become increasingly erratic. Weber's the only one who can really shoot the puck...ah well.

At least we won tonight.

w00t.

Next!

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Oh my god... that gif replaces the three used for that line for whenever they start the game together...

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Everyone is counting tomorrow as an insta-loss. There is a good chance we lose tomorrow, but it's not impossible we win. We all counted that last Rangers game as an auto-loss... but the Canucks hammered them and won nicely. Let's hope tomorrow is the same!

uh, didn't we get a late goal with the goalie pulled to tie it and then win in a shootout? that's not really hammering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad