SCF Gm#6, 6/11/12: KINGS defeat DEVILS 6-1 - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
There are a couple of games from the Kings' 2012 Stanley Cup run on TV this morning on NHL Network. At 9 a.m. is Game 5, the Western Conference Final clinching victory over the Coyotes. At 11 a.m. is the Stanley Cup winning Game 6 victory over the New Jersey Devils.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
How awesome was that 5-on-3 PK by the Kings!!!

Quick so calm, so poised.

More shots of Tippett on the bench please.

Last edited:

Dawdler

Run to the Hills!!
Aug 2, 2005

coyotes-boobs-2.jpg

PermaFox

Mar 30, 2013

Super Awesome!
That was a defining moment, so awesome to watch. Stoll being a total stud. That was about the most in control I have ever seen a team while being short 2 men.

Could not dig up a vid but did find this other sweet 5 on 3 against the Sharts in 14:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPC_WycAlXg

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
The Coyotes have so many ***** on that team - Rozsíval, Doan, and Smith. Mike Smith's greatest career accomplishments will be a losing 4-1 Western Conference appearance and being a third string goalie for Team Canada.

"It's a bad, bad injury for the Coyotes." Nope, series was over Pang.

Rozsíval going across the ice at full speed with his head down. Doesn't get any dumber than that. That was just about the nastiest deep thigh bruise I've ever seen, though. I'm surprised he even survived it.

Coyotes after the hit were done. Can't focus on the game, chasing the puck around, trying to lay hits on everyone. Meanwhile Carter and Penner were going the other way to score.

And who could forget about Yandle and Tippet moaning about the refs?

The entire team is a bunch of *******.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Ha, completely forgot about Smith lifting his stick up and gesturing that he was going to hit the ref with it. Stick it up your ass.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

That was one of the most beautiful PKs I've ever seen. If it's possible to have full on swagger when you're down two men, it happened there. After that PK, I was reassured that we were golden.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
There are a couple of games from the Kings' 2012 Stanley Cup run on TV this morning on NHL Network. At 9 a.m. is Game 5, the Western Conference Final clinching victory over the Coyotes. At 11 a.m. is the Stanley Cup winning Game 6 victory over the New Jersey Devils.

an awesome addition to Sunday breakfast - thx PJ!!

For got how much I hated Phx... :laugh: What whiners. The Kings totally outplayed them in the OT. It was just a matter of time.

And Brown was totally under their skin.

but I also think the Kings will miss Stoll on faceoffs this year. Who is going to step up?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
3 years go by quickly. It'll be a decade before we know it.

The 2012 team played better than the 2014 team, but not sure if I can say they were better. Still not sure which team would win if they went head to head. Two different styles.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

The 2012 team played better than the 2014 team, but not sure if I can say they were better. Still not sure which team would win if they went head to head. Two different styles.

I can agree with that but I'd also say the competition was way gnarlier in 2014. I know we may take it for granted since none of them produce like that with the Kings, but look at our 2014 roster someday and realize the collection of 30-40 goal scorers and champions, it might be the best roster we ever have on paper (which is why 2015 falling apart was so disappointing imo). If you told the hockey world in 2009 that you'd take guys like Kopitar and Brown and add guys like Richards, Carter, Gaborik, Mitchell, and a Norris nominee as well as a conn smythe winning goaltender into the mix, the hockey world would think it's a budding dynasty.

All that being said, holy crap at the 2012 team, they did everything to the best of their capabilities, I mean even guys like Fraser were playing like gods.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Kinda sad to hear David Courtney say, "Ladies and gentlemen, the Stanley Cup."

RIP David.

gnarls barkley

Mar 16, 2015
Chicago

I think '12 was a great team in their own right, but they also caught fire at precisely the perfect time for that run.

'14 was a better team in my opinion, but they really didn't do themselves any favors along the way and ended up taking the struggle bus route to the cup.

Also yeah, interesting the difference between the two years - stylistically the '12 team methodically choked the life out of everyone, while the '14 squad basically played like wild west gunslingers and just straight up outscored everybody

Zero Pucks Given

American Hero
Mar 21, 2015
Southern CA

IMO, 2013 Kings would beat both. Offense wasn't playing to its potential yet that team survived a ****ing war against the Blues and outlasted the Sharks. Both of which were actually pretty damn good teams that year.

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
Well here's a looney Stat Nerd aural-visualization of the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs that's my new theme song.

This video is either an animated data visualization, or ambient data art – or just a labor of love. Goals representing all 2012 NHL Stanley Cup playoff teams are arranged in a circle, with Western Conference teams on the left, and Eastern Conference teams on the right. Higher-seeded teams are at the top of the circle.
The goals tally cumulative scoring for each team (rather than goals against). When a puck crosses the goal line, a musical note plays. There's one instrument sound for Western Conference teams, and another for Eastern Conference teams. Higher-seeded teams are assigned a higher pitch.

VIMEO LINK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad