SCF Gm#6, 6/11/12: KINGS defeat DEVILS 6-1 - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Been away from the boards for a week and a bit for a variety of reasons, but I was watching when we won game six. I remember laughing when our powerplay, which at times appeared to be redy to be fitted for a toe tag during the season and playoffs, blew up for three goals on the 5 minute powerplay. I'm sure if the camera had panned over to Kompon, he'd have been giving the neener neener to some fans or something.

It's interesting that the Kings followed the Bruins footsteps in terms of PP success (or lack thereof). Terrible in Rounds 1-3, caught fire in round 4, although the Kings REALLY clicked in round 4. 30% PP efficiency in the Final.

Sydor25

LA Kings
It's interesting that the Kings followed the Bruins footsteps in terms of PP success (or lack thereof). Terrible in Rounds 1-3, caught fire in round 4, although the Kings REALLY clicked in round 4. 30% PP efficiency in the Final.

More to do with NJ being terrible in the playoffs.

Talk about a 180, NJ led the NHL in PK% during the regular season and were absolutely dreadful in the playoffs.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Mystery of the missing puck

While it doesn't rise to the level of mystery and outright conspiracy as the puck from the Chicago Blackhawks' Stanley Cup-winning OT goal in 2010, the whereabouts of the Los Angeles Kings' game puck from Game 6 were unknown after the final streamers were cleared from the ice.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...1--nhl.html;_ylt=Ap9U7CmWIjK4BkwYhXugC5l7vLYF

I’ve made queries to the highest levels of Kings management, and nobody knows the whereabouts of the puck. After the handshake line, Elias curiously hands his stick to someone in the crowd, but he doesn’t appear to toss the puck. So, where it is, Patrik? In theory, he could have handed it to someone in the handshake line. If he did, it’s a marvelously kept secret. Elias wouldn’t be so petty as to keep the puck, would he?
http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/06/18/so-wheres-the-puck-pat/

Didn't see this posted yet. Kind of interesting.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
After watching the end of the NBA Finals. it was fun seeing David Stern get booed. I don't remember Kings fans booing Bettman in the presentation. Seems like a first time that Bettman didn't get booed.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
After watching the end of the NBA Finals. it was fun seeing David Stern get booed. I don't remember Kings fans booing Bettman in the presentation. Seems like a first time that Bettman didn't get booed.

He was sneaky, they didnt announce him, he just started talking, and the first thing he did was mention great LA fans, so he got cheap pops from the crowd.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
:yo::yo:
tumblr_m6024xSQ9N1ry8jd2o1_500.jpg

Ron*

1. Stern had an awful year, beginning with the killing of the Chris Paul trade with the Lakers.

2. Stern has become increasingly unpopular in recent years with what many consider to be to much meddling at the team level (see 1 above).

3. I was at the game and I never intended to boo Bettman. Don't really get all the hate he gets. He sure has been a better commissioner than Stern has lately.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
1. Stern had an awful year, beginning with the killing of the Chris Paul trade with the Lakers.

2. Stern has become increasingly unpopular in recent years with what many consider to be to much meddling at the team level (see 1 above).

3. I was at the game and I never intended to boo Bettman. Don't really get all the hate he gets. He sure has been a better commissioner than Stern has lately.

Complete and utter ********, frankly.

Ron*

Complete and utter ********, frankly.

I was just pointing it out, don't really care one way or the other. But many believe it was an illegal move on his part, and there was an awful lot of controversy over it.

Did he overstep his bounds? Don't know, don't really care. But the fact remains it was a highly controversial move, and one that has put him behind the 8-ball.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

I was listening for it on TV. there were some boos for sure when he first started to speak, but once he started talking about Quick, the little bit there ended. While I don't like Bettman either, I've never felt the place to do this stuff is at the cup presentation. It's just not very classy. I'm not sure where the proper place is, but it's not in the cup finals.

I also think the fact the cup was awarded on home ice played into a better result. I think this was the first time since 2007 when the Ducks (spit) won it that the cup was presented to the home team. I'd imagine watching someone else win the cup in your rink would sting and likely cause you to want to boo a lot more.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I was just pointing it out, don't really care one way or the other. But many believe it was an illegal move on his part, and there was an awful lot of controversy over it.

Did he overstep his bounds? Don't know, don't really care. But the fact remains it was a highly controversial move, and one that has put him behind the 8-ball.

This will be my only comment on this, but HELL YES HE DID. In hindsight, the Hornets sure got a great return for Chris Paul, didn't they :sarcasm:?

On another note, Bruins fans have made mention of a Championship box set of DVDs they had the opportunity to buy last year which included full game broadcasts in it. Does anyone know if we'll have that same option or is it just the single DVD/Blu-ray disc we're going to get? It would be awesome if we do get the same option and have Game 6 be the version that Bob and Jim called.

Ron*

This will be my only comment on this, but HELL YES HE DID. In hindsight, the Hornets sure got a great return for Chris Paul, didn't they :sarcasm:?

On another note, Bruins fans have made mention of a Championship box set of DVDs they had the opportunity to buy last year which included full game broadcasts in it. Does anyone know if we'll have that same option or is it just the single DVD/Blu-ray disc we're going to get? It would be awesome if we do get the same option and have Game 6 be the version that Bob and Jim called.

I just bought the whole six-game package on my Apple TV, cost less than $12.

It's the NBC broadcasts, far as I can tell. I haven't watched them yet. But its better than my crappy DVR recordings, and no commercials. So that's why I put out the $12.

I think the Bob and Jim thing comes out later this Summer.

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
Watching the NBA final game last night (I watched the last 10 minutes which brought my season total to 11 minutes), I was struck by how LAME the end of a championship-winning game can be. Clock runs out, and the whole Miami team hits the floor in a giant dogpile, right? NO. As time runs out, they just show James hugging another player.....from OKC. WHAT? Then people just start milling about. Whatever.

Say what you want about hockey - but we know what a championship win should look - and feel - like.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Watching the NBA final game last night (I watched the last 10 minutes which brought my season total to 11 minutes), I was struck by how LAME the end of a championship-winning game can be. Clock runs out, and the whole Miami team hits the floor in a giant dogpile, right? NO. As time runs out, they just show James hugging another player.....from OKC. WHAT? Then people just start milling about. Whatever.

Say what you want about hockey - but we know what a championship win should look - and feel - like.

So, you watched the last 20-30 seconds of the game? That's one reason I can't stand basketball. The last minute takes 20 minutes to play because of the stupid foul crap.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I have tried so hard to get interested in the NBA. I used to play basketball when I was younger, but the NBA is just so boring. I can watch college basketball because you don't know what could happen, but on the professional level it's like you know what will happen. There's no underdog stories, there's no emergence of superstars, no real epic comebacks. There would never be a championship with a 8 and 6 seed in basketball and it just bores me.

I don't care if they do a lot of cool looking dunks. And the refereeing is absolutely atrocious. Am I supposed to be excited about a team that paid for a championship and of course won? I hate that Miami won, but the Kings won so it doesn't bug me all that much.

Just out of all the other sports, who expected the Cardinals, Kings, and Giants to win this year? No one.

Now who expected the Miami Heat to win this year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad