Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 7 - Heartbreak at the Hub on Causeway - St. Louis Wins The Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Berube headhunter out coached Bruce. That is the only sole reason why we lost. Cassidy blew it. He let him hang around when he should have gotten this done this series in 5 . They let them hang around.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I had the same nightmare several times last night. Game was 1-1 in overtime with the Blues about to start the only powerplay of the game to that point. Sounded so horrible at the time. It was such a defeating dream.

I’d kill for it to have been reality now lol

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Ill be blunt not looking forward to next season. What's the chances we can go back to the finals?
I want to see a big sign this offseason. Or even make an offer to Point.
But of course it will be the usual no names that will be added to the roster

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Dissapointing because it should really have been a cake walk. Especially after sweeping the Canes. We had basically 3 - 100 point players on the first line. A great second line with Krejci and Debrusk.

These two lines show up like they did all season and we win and we win handily. Depending on the third line and fourth line to win games while waiting for these guys to show up on occasion killed us. Rask stole games for us and our inconsistent offense killed us. A team that fired on all cylinders most of the year sputtered and fired off and on way too much to deserve the win. Krejci and Debrusk really were dissapointing. Nobody really rose to the occasion and took over the series, even though it was there for the taking. We let a lesser team beat us because of our own inefficiencies.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
He is already signed,Bruins would be on the hook for his cap hit,they really don’t have much cap space to play with,also stuck with Backes.

I know he's signed but he should just retire . It doesn't seem right after this post season for him to come back again
Leave hockey with the 2019 finals as your last memory

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
This hurts, no doubt. But when I wake up in the morning, I'm still gonna be a Bruins fan, and I'm still gonna cheer for my team. I think I'm gonna steer clear of this place though. because there are some pretty raw emotions. I get it, I just don't want to get caught up in it. I still see a bright future for the Bruins.

Well said. I’ll be staying clear as well. Not gonna waste my time with the “bunch of chokers”, “we blew our chance because the core is getting old”, “retool the team” or “Tuukka didn’t get it done” crowd.

I got no problem whatsoever, with the effort we put out tonight. Disappointed with the outcome, but not with the effort. St Louis played a near-perfect Game 7 road game and are deserved champions. They are a damn good team and sometimes you just get beat. It really sucks when it happens in an elimination game of the SCF, but it happens. This is the 7th time it’s happened to me since I’ve been a fan and it’s never easy.

Really proud of what this team accomplished this year. The joy they brought me this season FAR outweighed the disappointment. Can’t wait for next season.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
From the outset I felt the longer the series went, the more it favored the Blues.

I felt bad omens after sub-par efforts in Games 2 & 4. The Bruins had the opportunity to seize control of the series, but lacked the killer instinct.

I'm sure we will hear about injuries, but some of the mental mistakes by Marchand and Pastrnak throughout the playoffs were back-breakers.

Reactions: TheReal13Linseman

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
What a story book ending looking at the first game against the Stanley Cup Champ Caps and last against the Stanley Cup Champ Blues. Shit the bed both times but what a crazy ride in between.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Forgive me, but I thought Charlie didn't have a good series, and tonight, he was just awful. Love the kid, and I have no doubt he is going to be a SC winner at least once in his career, possibly a couple of more. He has all the tools of a smart defenseman and I hope he is back next year. He will only get better. I think with this game 7 SC final, he was very jittery out there.

No arguments from me about his series, but I've never been more convinced than after watching him this year that this team's going to be ok when Chara finally decides to hang them up. I think McAvoy is going to be the #1D on this team for a long time.

Reactions: Lady Rhian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad