GDT: SCF Game 4: TB 3-0 series lead. BOLTS @ HABS July 5, 2021 – 8:00PM ET. CBC, SN, TVAS, NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Unless Kotkaniemi is hurt and unable to play, this is one of the dumbest moves Ducharme has made these playoffs... and he'd made a lot.

The playoff run is obviously great, but it's too bad that it's all but guaranteed that he'll be back next year. He absolutely has done nothing to earn that spot. Idiot.
KK better be hurt because swapping Evans for KK makes no sense. The forwards dont need personnel changes, the defense does.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
KK better be hurt because swapping Evans for KK makes no sense. The forwards dont need personnel changes, the defense does.
Evans is a center...

Looking at who they have down the middle...the Habs coaching staff just made the easiest decision to make.

Scratch Kotkaniemi.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
We'd be dealing with the same variable if they got rid of Bergevin/Ducharme and hired another GM/coach.

I'd rather dance with the Devil I know (especially considering the politics involved)...it's an important summer, as you said, let's hope they have another great summer.

Im an avid MB hater, with that said I’m ok with the status quo for another season. He did have a good offseason this year and the team has gone as far as it’s ever gone.

We have some promising young talent that’s stepped up, and I think there is enough in the Weber/Price tank for another solid go next year.

That said, DO NOT extend MB or DD beyond next season. There is no reason to do so. Make them work for it, this magical cup run just simply isn’t enough.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013

The good news if we sit KK.

If we somehow win game 4, and they bring him back for game 5 - guaranteed he scores the game 5 game winning goal for us

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Well, Kulak and Romanov in like y'all wanted. No excuses now to complain other than KK being out.

I think the Habs win tonight with all these changes. We'll see less giveaways, turnovers and probably even less takeaways tonight.

Kulak and Romanov on the bottom pairing will probably result in a Tampa player getting injured as a bonus.

Reactions: Habs178

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well that will be a let's wait and see. Going back to old divisions and conferences. Guys aging especially on the back end. Same with the miraculous goalie. A supposed 2nd line C that is being benched. Same with a supposed No4 on the back end. A Danault that will be re-signed at 5.5. This team is not a sure bet to make it next year.

I have the Habs anywhere in the middle 10 group. We could be 10-15 range or 14-20. Depends on a lot of factors and some of those factors is what is done this off season. I'll wait till the off season is over before I make predictions for next year

Reactions: Andy

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I really like the top 2 line changes.

Anderson with Caufield/Suzuki will be great. I don't think the chemistry with Toffoli and Suzuki/Caufield was that great to be honest. They still managed to score a lot of goals because of their talent, but I don't think Toffoli is the best compliment to that duo. With Anderson's speed and hit power, I'm hoping it'll be a good thing.

Danault/Gallagher have played hard and create chances, but have no finish - adding Toffoli to their line could help with that.

Not sure about the 3rd line - I'd much rather keep KK than Lekh or Byron or Evans or many others in the lineup, but at least top 2 line I feel could be real good. And i didn't want the 4th line changed either, so happy with that.

Reactions: Habs Halifax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad