GDT: SCF Game 4: TB 3-0 series lead. BOLTS @ HABS July 5, 2021 – 8:00PM ET. CBC, SN, TVAS, NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Whatever at this point. It was a fun run to be a part of. Hopefully people enjoyed it. We will have to deal with 3 to 5-year contracts to the coach and GM now. Hoping somehow we have a great summer.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I guess the habs figure they will not outscore Tampa, so they're gonna go for low event, defensive hockey tonight and wait for counters to score.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Any way you slice it we'll be waiting a long, long time to get back here. At this rate, the Habs MIGHT win one more Cup in my lifetime, if I eat well and exercise.

Not likely to happen. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s close to 100 years between cups.

The NHL is currently very satisfied with its expansion strategy and marketing which is all based on growing the game in the US market. That’s not going to change for the foreseeable future. Canadian teams are at a serious disadvantage in terms of Cap hits due to the effect of taxes on players salaries, and the markets aren’t as attractive as some US markets due to weather and less pressure and less taxation.

I think that’s what stings the most about this run, I’m only 36 and I question if I’ll ever see another run like it again in my lifetime.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Whatever at this point. It was a fun run to be a part of. Hopefully people enjoyed it. We will have to deal with 3 to 5-year contracts to the coach and GM now. Hoping somehow we have a great summer.
It's not over until we lose 1 more game. No reason to be defeatist until that happens.

We're sounding like we did when the habs went down 3-1 against Toronto and look at how that turned out.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I bet my bottom dollar if.....

BT was here instead of KK....
BT would be playing

No doubt. Yet again, one day, people will have to wake up and realize that when you draft for supposed NEEDS.....3 years later, that NEED is not needed...lol

davey999

Mar 9, 2004
That's the move he makes? How do 32 and 28 stay in making mistakes all over the ice?

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Not likely to happen. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s close to 100 years between cups.

The NHL is currently very satisfied with its expansion strategy and marketing which is all based on growing the game in the US market. That’s not going to change for the foreseeable future. Canadian teams are at a serious disadvantage in terms of Cap hits due to the effect of taxes on players salaries, and the markets aren’t as attractive as some US markets due to weather and less pressure and less taxation.

I think that’s what stings the most about this run, I’m only 36 and I question if I’ll ever see another run like it again in my lifetime.
I am 57, and the past is so far behind..
my son is 23 and never seen the silver beast lifted...

It will be a long time before we get back to the finals

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
It's not over until we lose 1 more game. No reason to be defeatist until that happens.

We're sounding like we did when the habs went down 3-1 against Toronto and look at how that turned out.

Seriously Andy? I did eat my crow for that run. But there's no more crows to eat. You aren't facing Toronto. It's TBay. The most complete team in the league bar none. Toronto still has to figure out how to win.

Reactions: OldCraig71 and Andy

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Unless Kotkaniemi is hurt and unable to play, this is one of the dumbest moves Ducharme has made these playoffs... and he'd made a lot.

The playoff run is obviously great, but it's too bad that it's all but guaranteed that he'll be back next year. He absolutely has done nothing to earn that spot. Idiot.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Unless Kotkaniemi is hurt and unable to play, this is one of the dumbest moves Ducharme has made these playoffs... and he'd made a lot.

The playoff run is obviously great, but it's too bad that it's all but guaranteed that he'll be back next year. He absolutely has done nothing to earn that spot. Idiot.
Gus over Alex

stupid.... Gus is such a waste of a roster spot

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

That turned out because
1. Merrill was injured and not turning pucks over/bleeding cycle and counter chances against.
2. The minutes hadn't grown to full blown fatigue on Weber, Chiarot and Edmundson exposing their inability to transition the puck meaningfully.
3. KK and Caufield were ADDED to the line-ups that were useless.
4. We weren't playing Tampa Bay.

The Islanders aren't a better team than us but Trotz wouldn't be out coached by Cooper.. Cooper is bending Ducharme over in an unceremonious way and Ducharme has responded by making life easier for Tampa.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
We'd be dealing with the same variable if they got rid of Bergevin/Ducharme and hired another GM/coach.

I'd rather dance with the Devil I know (especially considering the politics involved)...it's an important summer, as you said, let's hope they have another great summer.

Reactions: Andy

Dharvey08

Jan 21, 2021
f***ing embarassing,

Sick and tired of this dinosaur mentality in this freaking organization.
Too scared to anger the vets.

Perry and Staal are tired they should sit Not freaking KK.

Plus how can You feel confident going in with this d Corp ? Seriously what has been shown thus far from this Corp in this series that can make you comfortable ? JFC

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Seriously Andy? I did eat my crow for that run. But there's no more crows to eat. You aren't facing Toronto. It's TBay. The most complete team in the league bar none. Toronto still has to figure out how to win.
This year has taught me to shut my mouth when it comes to this habs team because no matter how bad they've looked at times, they always manage to squeeze out ways to prove you wrong, whether luck is involved or not.

Until the series is over, I will not be assuming that Tampa has this in the bag.

Reactions: Habs10Habs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad