GDT: SCF Game 4: TB 3-0 series lead. BOLTS @ HABS July 5, 2021 – 8:00PM ET. CBC, SN, TVAS, NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
What the f*** is this lineup man lol

what did KK do to Ducharme? How does Ducharme see Staal as more effective than KK? Jfc

just saw Romanov is in so that’s good at least

Reactions: habsfan891 and Edgy

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well, Kulak and Romanov in like y'all wanted. No excuses now to complain other than KK being out.

I think the Habs win tonight with all these changes. We'll see less giveaways, turnovers and probably even less takeaways tonight.

Kulak and Romanov on the bottom pairing will probably result in a Tampa player getting injured as a bonus.

I feel it's too late. Should have happened after game 1. Now we are expecting too much in an elimination game. But hey, let see how it plays out. I think they come out ready tonight but last thing we need is another Rutta screen shot that goes top corner and a Staal over the glass... 0-2 in the 1st 3 min's

Need to score 1st and if we don't, we can't be down 0-2. We can do it but we need to battle hard in the trenches

The one area that concerns me is our D's ability to neutralize along the walls. Tampa has proven to be too quick on their feet and I have no doubt in my mind that Cooper has this as part of his attack against our D system. They are constantly moving around and causing havoc. Drouin needs to take notice cause this is the part of his game that needs improvement. Caufield does it well

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
also, KK benched instead of Staal is pissing me off.
Staal will be better for low event hockey.

The habs will have to grind this one out: smart simple players, pucks below the goal line, limited East-West passing.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Staal is doing his job. KK may be losing 1v1 battles.
that's probably why.

Regardless. Go get the the win. I don't care how.

mbz

Jun 10, 2008
Moncton, NB
I don’t mind the lines, esp the D, however I would sit Staal and try KK on the 4th, he can cycle the puck and win his battles, I think he would greatly benefit from Perry and Armia.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Evans is a center...

Looking at who they have down the middle...the Habs coaching staff just made the easiest decision to make.

Scratch Kotkaniemi.
Except, you know..

Zh59eea.png

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I really like the top 2 line changes.

Anderson with Caufield/Suzuki will be great. I don't think the chemistry with Toffoli and Suzuki/Caufield was that great to be honest. They still managed to score a lot of goals because of their talent, but I don't think Toffoli is the best compliment to that duo. With Anderson's speed and hit power, I'm hoping it'll be a good thing.

Danault/Gallagher have played hard and create chances, but have no finish - adding Toffoli to their line could help with that.

Not sure about the 3rd line - I'd much rather keep KK than Lekh or Byron or Evans or many others in the lineup, but at least top 2 line I feel could be real good. And i didn't want the 4th line changed either, so happy with that.

The most annoying thing is how long it took them to tinker. Having the same exact game plan as the Knights when they are a slower team than Tampa was stupid. Only making changes after you are down 0-3 is even more dumb

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
What the f*** is this lineup man lol

what did KK do to Ducharme? How does Ducharme see Staal as more effective than KK? Jfc

just saw Romanov is in so that’s good at least

Staal has great chemistry on the 4th line, in a limited role. If you change that 4th line - you might completely destroy their effectiveness. I wouldn't touch it.

It sounds like they're bringing in Evans to replace KK. The better question is why Evans over KK, especially since Evans had a bad performance in game 1 imo. I'd keep Staal and KK, and lose evans, or maybe Lekh

Reactions: Gainesvillain

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I really like the top 2 line changes.

Anderson with Caufield/Suzuki will be great. I don't think the chemistry with Toffoli and Suzuki/Caufield was that great to be honest. They still managed to score a lot of goals because of their talent, but I don't think Toffoli is the best compliment to that duo. With Anderson's speed and hit power, I'm hoping it'll be a good thing.

Danault/Gallagher have played hard and create chances, but have no finish - adding Toffoli to their line could help with that.

Not sure about the 3rd line - I'd much rather keep KK than Lekh or Byron or Evans or many others in the lineup, but at least top 2 line I feel could be real good. And i didn't want the 4th line changed either, so happy with that.

I remember those 3 doing very well together near the end of the regular season. Lehkonen even said something like he couldn't remember the last time he was the slowest skater on a line.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I didn't see Anderson bumped on the top line. Caufield and Suzuki's speed has already given Tampa problems, and Anderson caused a lot of trouble against Tampa when in Columbus.

Defensively, it's a little scary, but offensively it could work. The challenge here is I find all three players very effective on a counter attack....but I am not sure how many defensive zone and neutral zone starts you'd want to give that line.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Staal is totally ineffective against Tampa and their speed. Our coach is clueless. CAnt believe he’ll get a contract
The 4th line is the only line that’s been able to consistently cycle the puck in Ozone. KKs been losing his board battles, he’s being pushed off the puck an awful lot

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Staal has great chemistry on the 4th line, in a limited role. If you change that 4th line - you might completely destroy their effectiveness. I wouldn't touch it.

It sounds like they're bringing in Evans to replace KK. The better question is why Evans over KK, especially since Evans had a bad performance in game 1 imo. I'd keep Staal and KK, and lose evans, or maybe Lekh

The whole thing is flawed cause both the Suzuki line and the Staal line were horrible in terms of allowing goals when they are on the ice. Tampa has out coached us in the match-up game. It's clear to me.

Reactions: Habs178

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Contrary to most here, I like the lineup. I actually like it a lot. I think we'll all be surprised with a win tonight and a convincing one at that.

Surprisingly, I feel way more confident about a win tonight than at any point during the leafs series.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I remember those 3 doing very well together near the end of the regular season. Lehkonen even said something like he couldn't remember the last time he was the slowest skater on a line.

Fair enough. Maybe they click well, which would be great. Still don't like taking KK out, whose pitched in with extremely important goals so far. I'd rather find a place for him on that line, but we'll see. I'd personally have kept Evans out and kept KK in, along with Byron and Lekh.

The whole thing is flawed cause both the Suzuki line and the Staal line were horrible in terms of allowing goals when they are on the ice. Tampa has out coached us in the match-up game. It's clear to me.

I think the 4th line has done great all playoffs, in controlling play and also producing. I wouldn't change it to be honest. For me the best approach with the 4th line is to keep as is and expect them to get their shit together. They're all veterans, odds are they do, in that limited 4th line role.

Changing the first line was more important, and I like the change they're making. You play those guys a lot more and rely on them scoring to win, so if it's not clicking you can't afford to be patient.

Reactions: TeacherMan

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Imagine going to train all summer knowing you were scratched the last game the team played?

Actually some motivation.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
surprised kk is out. I wonder if it's a non hockey reason. If we move on from KK I'll be upset, unless it's for seth jones.

looks like ducharme said it was hockey decision. staal over kk. not sure I agree, but hopefully they pull it out. I think the lineup looks better with both evans and kk in, evans drawing center of the fourth line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad