Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 4 - Back to Boston - Best of 3 - Series tied 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
As a showing of unity, we should all eat soft, pureed foods over the next couple of days.

As for cookies in the GDT, perhaps a nice Cookies and Cream ice cream.
879d4dca-marbled_chocolate_chip_cookie_dough_loaf_l.jpg

Reactions: BMC and Spooner st

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Cassidy did mention if Chara and Gryz cant go, they might have to look at 11F 7D for game 5.

Who is their 7th D in that situation? Vaak?
Yeah think they would have to go with 7 D ,would have to be Vaak,hasn’t he been practicing with the team,not just with the Black Aces.Starting to worry the Bruins are just getting to banged up ,shades of Chicago series,where as Blues seem to be getting healthier.No I haven’t given up ,but am definitely worried.

Reactions: RustyBruins72

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Totally different scenarios and certainly not wishing for it but if there is a silver lining to a potential Z absence from the series if he`s unable to go it`s that the B`s did have to play without him for a lengthy period this season.

But my gut tells me he`ll be in

Reactions: RustyBruins72

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
After the season this blueline has had with all the injuries maybe it's only appropriate that they have to try to close this out in this fashion.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Totally different scenarios and certainly not wishing for it but if there is a silver lining to a potential Z absence from the series if he`s unable to go it`s that the B`s did have to play without him for a lengthy period this season.

If the game was tomorrow I would guess he wouldn't go. With an extra day, I think there's a chance.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
The Blues dont have to win 2/3 in Boston just the next one ,with Chara out possibly that’s not really a stretch.
If history serves us well, we would remember Bruins always come up big after a loss. Chara or not Chara that is NOT the question. We have others options.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

The silver lining would be that he has been atrocious at times with his puck management in his own end (hell he got hurt cause he couldn't clear the puck). If they get a skill guy in their on the backend to help with puck retrieval and break outs it could be a nice add for them.

I also have to assume Chara is done though and has a broken jaw if he couldn't play last night

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I love your optimism but it really doesn’t matter who is in goal for the Blues if the Bruins play like they did in games 2 and 4 . The margin for error is so tight now . It’s gut check time .

been the same for the Blues, series has been literally back and forth.

B`s didn`t deserve to even be in it last night but they were, thought the Blues were the much better team in game 2 as well with the B`s looking like a different team in games 1 and 3. Tis playoff hockey, momentum from game to game is a myth

Reactions: Zillah

False Start

May 8, 2018
Up to the hit to the head by kadri in G2 of Toronto series
DeBrusk was a beast.

Guy had ELEVEN days off after the ECF.

I mean, his brain could be off still but damn how many excuses are we gonna have.

He's been bad. He needs to be better.

Reactions: lopey

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The silver lining would be that he has been atrocious at times with his puck management in his own end (hell he got hurt cause he couldn't clear the puck). If they get a skill guy in their on the backend to help with puck retrieval and break outs it could be a nice add for them

he didn`t clear the zone as he should have but let`s not get crazy and say his injury was self inflicted here, it was a fluky play and unfortunately he`s paying a painful price today

Reactions: lopey

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I don't think that Debrusk is injured; he's just playing poorly. He can, and should, be better. The same goes for the first line and, recently, Krejci.
I don't know... hope they are, if not that's s huge problem.
For now, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

If they go with 7 Ds... guessing
Kampfer and Lauzon is in

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Kuraly
Mojo Coyle Heinen
Nordstrom Acciari (rotate)

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

If they go with 7 Ds... guessing
Kampfer and Lauzon is in

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Kuraly
Mojo Coyle Heinen
Nordstrom Acciari (rotate)

I think they'd probably sit Acciari, and double shift Pasta on the 1st and 4th lines for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad