Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 4 - Back to Boston - Best of 3 - Series tied 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Would not be against swapping Backes and Kuraly. Start Krejci between Kuraly and Debrusk and see if it gets them going. Kuraly has a motor and a half and he is always driving the net. Perhaps it rubs off on Debrusk. Krejci needs someone streaking into the zone to pass to. Send Kuraly in hard and just throw the puck into traffic. It has to hit something.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Would not be against swapping Backes and Kuraly. Start Krejci between Kuraly and Debrusk and see if it gets them going. Kuraly has a motor and a half and he is always driving the net. Perhaps it rubs off on Debrusk. Krejci needs someone streaking into the zone to pass to. Send Kuraly in hard and just throw the puck into traffic. It has to hit something.
I like that idea but I don’t think Cassidy does that .

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Blues playing gritty basic hockey. They are shooting pucks on net looking for deflections and rebounds. Bruins trying to be too cute. It worked on the Carlo goal.

Shoot-the-puck.

Marchand Krejci DeBrusk need to up their gamws. Pastrnak is totally intimidated. That play in the corner last night where he left the puck in order to avoid a hit was pathetic.

Gain zone entry, crash net, shoot puck, create traffic, deflect pucks, track down rebounds.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Krejci 5 shots all series
Debrusk even worse with 4
Pasta 15
Bergeron 12
Marchand 7

pathetic

If the 3rd line wasn't clicking so well, I'd be mixing the middle 6 up.

At this point I think you put Pastrnak with Krejci, and Backes with Bergeron if there are no lineup changes.

Krecji has sucked ass, but he always seems to have some extra jump with Patrnak on his line. Pastrnak and Marchand have both been too weak on the boards for my liking for the majority of this series. I'd like to see Backes put some work in on the boards with Bergeron.

To me, line 1 seems to suck on the cycle, but can at least sometimes generate something off the rush. Line 2 seems to be bad on the rush, but decent at cycling the puck. They just can't get any shots when they do.

Either that, or Heinen to line 1, Pasta to Line 2, and Backes to Line 3. I'd just hate for Backes to possibly ruin the chemistry line 3 seems to have.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
We flat out disagree with each other, and nothing either of us says will change that.

I will be pissed if Kuhlman is in the game on Krejcis wing.

You'd be upset they're icing a better lineup? Odd. The Blues put in Dunn last night over a physical veteran player in Bortuzzo because he's the better player, despite being smaller. The Bruins should be doing the same.

I don't even care if Kuhlman is necesarily on the 2nd line, he should just be in the lineup over Backes. Move Kuraly up then and put Kuhlman on the 4th. Something needs to change with the forwards and Backes needs to sit.

KingKrug47

May 21, 2019
Didnt really see this mentioned but flubbing 3 breakaway/ potential breakaway chances also stings.

-Marchand icing it on a Coyle pass
-Kuraly offside
-Marchand offside

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
This was quite obvious

CBS Sports June 4, 2019 at 8:43 am

David Backes Says Game 4 Was Officiated Differently: ‘All Of A Sudden The Whistles Are Put Away’

But after the Bruins lost Game 4 to allow the Blues to tie the series at 2-2, veteran forward David Backes shared his own frustrations with the way the game was called.
“[Berube made] a comment to the refs about them being this angelic team about not taking penalties all playoffs, and all of a sudden the whistles are put away,” Backes told reporters in the locker room. “But that’s, you know what, we’ll keep playing through the stuff we have to. They’re doing it, and we have to find our goals however we need to find them.”
Backes’ comments, which aired on “Boston Sports Tonight,” continued, noting that the five total power plays (three for St. Louis, two for Boston) marked a noticeable dip from previous games. In Game 3, there were nine power plays (five for St. Louis, four for Boston), while the Bruins had 10 power plays and the Blues had five in the first two games of the series.
“I felt like there was less called, no question. That’s what the statistics show, that there were less power plays on either side,” Backes said. “That’s kind of more what you’re expecting, maybe, coming into the finals, but that’s not the way the whole playoffs were for us, so I don’t know why that would change now. We’ll see. We just need to keep playing our game for 60 minutes and let the chips fall where they may.”
The series thus far has involved referees Steve Kozari and Kelly Sutherland (Games 1 and 3) and referees Chris Rooney and Gord Dwyer (Games 2 and 4).

Madturk

Oct 31, 2013
Florida
Blues playing gritty basic hockey. They are shooting pucks on net looking for deflections and rebounds. Bruins trying to be too cute. It worked on the Carlo goal.

Shoot-the-puck.

Marchand Krejci DeBrusk need to up their gamws. Pastrnak is totally intimidated. That play in the corner last night where he left the puck in order to avoid a hit was pathetic.

Gain zone entry, crash net, shoot puck, create traffic, deflect pucks, track down rebounds.

Couldn’t agree more. Bennington has been pretty loose with the rebounds. B’s are overpassing. That one timer to Pasternak from the side of the net isn’t working. Need our blue liners to shoot more instead of trying the thread the needle pass.
63 needs to get his head out of his azz

Reactions: lopey

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
You'd be upset they're icing a better lineup? Odd. The Blues put in Dunn last night over a physical veteran player in Bortuzzo because he's the better player, despite being smaller. The Bruins should be doing the same.

I don't even care if Kuhlman is necesarily on the 2nd line, he should just be in the lineup over Backes. Move Kuraly up then and put Kuhlman on the 4th. Something needs to change with the forwards and Backes needs to sit.
These aren't even remotely comparable. Dunn would've been in there the whole time if he wasn't injured.

Reactions: lopey

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
These aren't even remotely comparable. Dunn would've been in there the whole time if he wasn't injured.

Do you have an actual statistical argument why Backes should be in besides "physical" and "veteran" player? I doubt it. He's an anchor. The Bruins game is speed and passing, plain and simple. Play your best players.

DeBrusk/Krejci certainly haven't been great and I wouldn't be against breaking them up but they need to jump start the 5v5 offense. Having Griz back would help.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Cassidy did mention if Chara and Gryz cant go, they might have to look at 11F 7D for game 5.

Who is their 7th D in that situation? Vaak?
They'd bring Kampfer in for insurance and I'm assuming go with Lauzon over Vaak for stability. Kampfer would be there if things don't go well with Lauzon.

If say Clifton was injured instead of Grz, they probably would have gone with 6 D with Kampfer as the 6th due to him being a RHD. 2 LHD down makes things difficult.

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
The infuriating thing about the officiating is that it is so highly inconsistent. If the NHL ever wants to be taken seriously, they need to establish what the rules are and call them the same whether or not it's a preseason game or game 7 of the cup final.

Since these 2 ref groups have had 2 games each now we know their tendencies. Games 1 and 3 called tighter, no bullcrap, and penalties will be called. Games 2 and 4 (Rooney shitshows) are whistles away mugging the Bruins and then call a ticky tack bullshit penalty on the Bruins even though the Blues got away with murder. Have I mentioned I hate Chris Rooney and think he should be sent to Siberia?

Now with the book out, the Bruins need to gameplan for the blues and the refs (this is a pathetic thing to say but the NHL has made it a reality).

I really hope they blow out STL in game 5 and finish it in 6 because if this goes 7 I have a strong feeling the NHL will give us Rooney again to f*** us over.

False Start

May 8, 2018
The infuriating thing about the officiating is that it is so highly inconsistent. If the NHL ever wants to be taken seriously, they need to establish what the rules are and call them the same whether or not it's a preseason game or game 7 of the cup final.

Since these 2 ref groups have had 2 games each now we know their tendencies. Games 1 and 3 called tighter, no bullcrap, and penalties will be called. Games 2 and 4 (Rooney ****shows) are whistles away mugging the Bruins and then call a ticky tack bull**** penalty on the Bruins even though the Blues got away with murder. Have I mentioned I hate Chris Rooney and think he should be sent to Siberia?

Now with the book out, the Bruins need to gameplan for the blues and the refs (this is a pathetic thing to say but the NHL has made it a reality).

I really hope they blow out STL in game 5 and finish it in 6 because if this goes 7 I have a strong feeling the NHL will give us Rooney again to **** us over.

I like bitching about the refs as much as the next guy.

But if the Bruins skate harder and play harder, they'll win the games. It's really that simple.

There hasn't been a single game changing call in any game (yet).

Reactions: Kate08

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I'm not sure how a fan can think you can lose with 2/3 home games needing to win two. Have some faith for ffs.
Blues don’t have to win two games in Boston,just the next one which we know they are more than capable of doing.

Shoot-the-puck.

The D were guilty at times of just getting rid of the puck as quick as possible to avoid hits I thought also.But to be fair the Bruins forewords did nothing to slow the Blues entering the Bruins end ,if I had Freight trains coming at me I would probably be getting rid of the puck as quick as I couldn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad