Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 4 - Back to Boston - Best of 3 - Series tied 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Need to break up this second line. It’s just it’s not working at all. I’m not sure if the answer is to move players around because the third line really shouldn’t be touched but debrusk-krejci-backes is not working.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Up to the hit to the head by kadri in G2 of Toronto series
DeBrusk was a beast.

I love JDB, but the B’s have played 21 games, and you are saying DeBrusk was a “beast” for a whopping 1.5 games? He could have been playing concussed, but it’s been 19 games and not sure how many weeks.

Time to show up and earn that second contract in 20/21.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Need to break up this second line. It’s just it’s not working at all. I’m not sure if the answer is to move players around because the third line really shouldn’t be touched but debrusk-krejci-backes is not working.
As others have mentioned I think the only option Cassidy may consider is putting Heinen with Bergeron/ Marchand and dropping Pasta down to line 2 and Backes to line 3 .

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I love JDB, but the B’s have played 21 games, and you are saying DeBrusk was a “beast” for a whopping 1.5 games? He could have been playing concussed, but it’s been 19 games and not sure how many weeks.

Time to show up and earn that second contract in 20/21.
Agree I'm just saying maybe he isn't right yet.
No excuses, if he would play like the the first 1.5 games the parade would be over by now.

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
Come on people, the Blues tied the series, they had to because they know what’s in store for them on Thursday. Whenever we’ve needed the boys to step up, they have and they will again.

All this doom and gloom is bumming me out, y’all gotta stop. lol

Reactions: Boston Bandit

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I find this funny considering you've been gloom & doom this entire thread?

I also said I think it's 50/50. The Bruins played like crap at home in game 5 against the Leafs. Do that on Thursday and they are in DANGER against a tough Blues team w/out Gryz and possibly Chara.

Doom and Gloom for calling people out for not giving the Blues credit?

For calling out the top 6?

For saying they need to get more shots?

You said you see them the series 50/50 not me. I’ve called Bruins in 6 since the start

Reactions: nORRis8

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Well it is the day after. I can't imagine that Rask is being beat up for "rebounds." He is the Bruins best player, he has shown up for 60 minutes every night unlike some of the other players.

Rask is my MVP

Reactions: BMC and Spooner st

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Tying up the series was always a possibility.

Some people on here have previously complained about Chara not being fast enough to keep up anymore. Well, we may now get to see what life without him in the playoffs looks like. Kinda makes me nervous honestly.

Sucks they lost. But I had a bad feeling about the game the moment that first Blues goal went in. The Blues knew their backs were against the wall

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
As others have mentioned I think the only option Cassidy may consider is putting Heinen with Bergeron/ Marchand and dropping Pasta down to line 2 and Backes to line 3 .
Hard to say what to do ,hate to mess with the third line,some people will say it’s one loss why mess with the lines,but the truth is other than power play the top lines have sucked,its amazing they have gotten this far really,but with a power play running at a close to 40% clip,and Tuukku bailing them out and the other line contributing it has masked the terrible play of first two lines 5-5.I really don’t know what they do,my guess is nothing and hope the Power Play gets their chances next game.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
They were tied 2-2 with the Leafs. They were tied 2-2 in the second round against the Blue Jackets. Heck, when they won the Cup eight years ago, they trailed the Canucks 2-0 and 3-2 in the series, and had to win Game 7 on the road. The Bruins are home for Games 5 and 7. The advantage is theirs.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
They were tied 2-2 with the Leafs. They were tied 2-2 in the second round against the Blue Jackets. Heck, when they won the Cup eight years ago, they trailed the Canucks 2-0 and 3-2 in the series, and had to win Game 7 on the road. The Bruins are home for Games 5 and 7. The advantage is theirs.
I like the cut of your jib !

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
Two f***ing PPs for the Bruins last night with how the Blues were running around all game.... what an utter farce :laugh:. NHL getting the longer series it wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->