GDT: SCF Game #4 ★ Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Dallas Stars, 7:00 PM CT ★ NBC, CBC, SN ★ TBL leads 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Is he really that injured that he can't suck it up and play 1 game? It's called taking one of the team.
They tried that against Colorado. it was 4 -0 on next to nothing shots.

Dallas has no chance now, but there is no reason to not go down swinging

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
This team could have swept the playoffs and this board would have found something to complain about
Of course. It’s so awesome to have watched this postseason and congrats to my team; he’ll it’s not even over yet.

Dammit I was fixing to go watch this and got a spoiler right as I was getting off work; still going to watch it.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Soooo how are we feeling about the chances of Tampa blowing a 3-1 series lead?

Is it gonna happen for the first time in 78 years and 2020 is gonna stay crazy, or are they gonna close it out soon and take home the Cup?

When was the last time a team blew a 3-1 Cup final lead and still won the Cup?

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Im still a bit salty but still have to ask..

Why was it not a penalty shot for seguin at start of OT? He was in and the penalty stopped a clear scoring chance

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Im still a bit salty but still have to ask..

Why was it not a penalty shot for seguin at start of OT? He was in and the penalty stopped a clear scoring chance

I was wondering about that too. Guess he didn't have enough of a step on Sergachev

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I feel like once we went 2 up we should have just parked the bus. Continuing to play aggressive was rough. Dickinson shouldn't be that far down the ice to begin with if the puck was now further down the ice.

I think Dallas also realized too late in the game that Tampa was not pressuring the D behind the net on the zone exit, they're giving them space because they expect Dallas to pass to a spot instead of man to man, and once Dallas D began holding onto the puck longer and passing man to man there were more chances. I think if Tampa keeps that up the Dallas should do ok 5v5 in the next game, but no guarantee that Tampa keeps it up, looks will constantly be changing.

Khudobin was very poor. Not just on the 5 goals given up, but he frequently played the puck behind the net to the opposing team. In that situation, better to not get out of position and let your defensemen battle for it. Playing it straight to Tampa defensemen often created situations where they got hemmed in their own end.

Ultimately the better team is winning. It is what it is. I think Sekera, who was excellent through the first few series, has played poorly. Hanley has probably upstaged him.

I'll be relatively relaxed when watching the game tomorrow. If they can punch back once or twice that would be nice enough. They also look very tired and banged up and that doesn't help.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
They tried that against Colorado. it was 4 -0 on next to nothing shots.

Dallas has no chance now, but there is no reason to not go down swinging
I don’t see anything wrong with that. 2nd game in a row dobby gave up 5 goals. He is not standing on his head anymore. Dallas looks done. Most likely tomorrow it’s over.

Reactions: DieselPig

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I don’t see anything wrong with that. 2nd game in a row dobby gave up 5 goals. He is not standing on his head anymore. Dallas looks done. Most likely tomorrow it’s over.
i'm holding out hope Oettinger comes in and Demkos it.
dont want anything to do with bish after the colorado showing

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine
Looking at that boxscore it funny. Tampa had 3/20 in the plus, 9/20 minus (Hedman a -3). Dallas had 10/20 in the plus, 3/10 minus. Tampa 3/4 on PP, Stars 0/3.

We just needed to stay out of the box and we'd be doing fine. Can't be taking stupid penalties.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Looking at that boxscore it funny. Tampa had 3/20 in the plus, 9/20 minus (Hedman a -3). Dallas had 10/20 in the plus, 3/10 minus. Tampa 3/4 on PP, Stars 0/3.

We just needed to stay out of the box and we'd be doing fine. Can't be taking stupid penalties.

We've been saying this all playoffs long though. They arent gonna suddenly stay out of the box sadly, and they don't have their top PKers to bail them out if they do now :/

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Surprised no one has mentioned the fact that the Stars had that 4 on 3 but could've had a full minute and a half of it. Instead they tried to get something done 5 on 4 with the goalie pulled and didnt even end up getting a shot on goal but it took like 30 seconds off the clock. That was annoying to watch

Reactions: redbeardtx

sooni

Oct 23, 2014
Vaasa
Dallas won Colorado&Vegas as underdogs against referees. Sebras won this series. Tampa is having Kucherov and he is nailing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad