GDT: SCF Game #4 ★ Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Dallas Stars, 7:00 PM CT ★ NBC, CBC, SN ★ TBL leads 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
Benn penalty gets called 9/10 times. It was the most legitimate penalty the Stars took tonight, mind you it wasn’t a trip.

Unfortunately, Tampa PP was great and Dallas PP was not in sync at all. I’m not sure why the don’t take Radulov off it - and why Gurianov was out on first half of that last one in place of Pavelski.

Also, can’t understand how Seguin call wasn’t a penalty shot for the life of me. He was in the clear and it meets the definition.

I’m not excited about the prospect of tomorrow. Lightning have better legs for a back-to-back.

Reactions: BonAppleTea

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yep. Bad personnel on the ice.
Best player all series stapled to the bench, Gurianov and Seguin..... Should have been 1 of them and Pavelski.

Not only was Seguin out there, but he was the go to guy for shooting the puck...also I love Miro but if you have that much open ice and don't use Klingberg you deserve to lose.

I would've had:

Benn-Pavelski-Gurianov-Klingberg

If you want Seguin out there then throw him below the goal line or in the slot.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Not only was Seguin out there, but he was the go to guy for shooting the puck...also I love Miro but if you have that much open ice and don't use Klingberg you deserve to lose.

I would've had:

Benn-Pavelski-Gurianov-Klingberg

If you want Seguin out there then throw him below the goal line or in the slot.
yep. I couldn't believe it when i saw the lineup.
a 4 on 3 and you choose the worst possible group of players.
Even if Miro was playing like he was against Colorado you don't put him out in that situation over Klingberg.
And Gurianov being on the ice was just f***ing stupid unless he's the one shooting because his passing/decision making with the puck is suspect at best.
Putting Seguin out there all but guaranteed he'd be the one shooting, and it was stupid

Reactions: Kcb12345

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I really think tomorrow will be a blowout too. Tampa can play with carefree swagger and they are gonna put on a globetrotter like show for us.

@Magic Mittens I will continue to cheer for the Stars, but it's what I see happening.

I tried to stay positive, but I’m going to play rec hockey tmw night ( wasn’t going if we won) but yeah we’re done tmw night lol

Proud of our team though and it was a fun ride to the finals. Just lost to many key players, and Tampa is a good team

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
The reality is were are getting bad goal tending..

Weve scored 4,2,2,4 in the series...in alot of series that will get you AT LEAST 2-2 series, maybe 3-1. But Khudobin has been below average.

At the start of the series we knew we would need at least Good, if not very good goal tending to win series. We didnt get it.

Our powerplay was disappointingly poor especially in that 4 on 3. But still, scored 4 goals. Should have been enough for a win.

Khudobin should have stopped the 4th and 5th goals.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
yep. I couldn't believe it when i saw the lineup.
a 4 on 3 and you choose the worst possible group of players.
Even if Miro was playing like he was against Colorado you don't put him out in that situation over Klingberg.
And Gurianov being on the ice was just f***ing stupid unless he's the one shooting because his passing/decision making with the puck is suspect at best.
Putting Seguin out there all but guaranteed he'd be the one shooting, and it was stupid

Yep. At first I was happy cause I figured they'd load up Gurianov several times, but they didnt even end up using Gurianov's one timer and he was open several times. If you throw Klingberg out there then literally everyone is a threat to score all of a sudden, especially him. Just a weird choice that ended up costly. Feels like they were going for the feel good story of Seguin finally burying one instead

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine
Yep. At first I was happy cause I figured they'd load up Gurianov several times, but they didnt even end up using Gurianov's one timer and he was open several times. If you throw Klingberg out there then literally everyone is a threat to score all of a sudden, especially him. Just a weird choice that ended up costly. Feels like they were going for the feel good story of Seguin finally burying one instead
I mean he had his chance and almost buried it. But he's been close too many times and not found the back of the net. Bowness is going with the "he's due" style of thinking, which I understand, but it's costing us at this point.

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006
What I find funny is Steve Yzerman built this team but will not get a cup win from it as he stepped down to go to Detroit.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I mean he had his chance and almost buried it. But he's been close too many times and not found the back of the net. Bowness is going with the "he's due" style of thinking, which I understand, but it's costing us at this point.
That still doesn't explain Miro over Klingberg.
I will never understand that decision. Unless Klingberg had gotten injured, that's about as no brainer as it gets

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
It could have been 2-2 but now we need to win 3 in a row :( last time some tema did it back in 1940... Damn Dallas :(

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine
That still doesn't explain Miro over Klingberg.
I will never understand that decision. Unless Klingberg had gotten injured, that's about as no brainer as it gets
Oh no doubt. I understand Seguin out there (to some extent), but there is ZERO justification as to why Miro was out there instead of Klingberg. Especially with how confident Klingberg was looking tonight.

Dallas again had their chance to take this game and they faltered. If we didn't have to play B2B tomorrow, I'd still have some hope left. But I can't see any way we can even win tomorrow.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
If he was good enough to play tomorrow, he should have been good enough to play today.
I don't think it's likely they'll put him in, in that situation

Is he really that injured that he can't suck it up and play 1 game? It's called taking one of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->