GDT: SCF Game #4 ★ Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Dallas Stars, 7:00 PM CT ★ NBC, CBC, SN ★ TBL leads 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
EiK1cFaXYAAvajO

EiZsCDOX0AA6w8P

Reactions: Smelling Salt

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Dude no . You already caused the Stars to lose game 3 with your bad GDT . You again named it wrong too.

Reactions: LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Dude no . You already caused the Stars to lose game 3 with your bad GDT . You again named it wrong too.

Let's see if switching it up motivates the boys enough

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Also I have the strongest feeling that whoever wins tonight wins tomorrow as well

Dunno why

Honestly getting blown out 5-2 might've been a good thing. It forces us to really reconsider everything we're doing and make multiple adjustments. Tampa probably wants to go with the status quo and shouldn't be changing too much.

If we can get the first goal I'll feel much better about the game. Cannot start off down 3-0 or 2-0, especially if the goals come off of very correctable mistakes (dumb penalties, not just dumping the puck, etc.).

I still feel like the series is over already - I just feel drained and defeated and Tampa looks too dominant, but I would love to be wrong.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I think switching lines up is like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. Sometimes, in hockey, it does help. But in reality, nearly every Stars player stunk it up the last game. I think they all just need to focus on doing what they do best. When Miro and Esa make mistakes early that gift the Bolts 2 goals, and then Rads has a questionable penalty and the Bolts go up 3-1, it was easy for them to clamp down.

We know we have to eliminate mistakes, and playing with new line mates might increase them.

Agree, we need the first goal, second at the very least. Our first goal can't be the third of the game.

Also, agree the series is over. The Stars were in their own little bubble of confidence throughout the playoffs, but two easy wins by the Bolts have popped it. At least for the fans, and probably for the players (Was it Sekera who said you lose a game and you feel you will never win again?)

In reality, this series is just going the way it probably should have. Stars won first game when TB was tired. TB is better, more motivated (embarrassing loss last year to a heroic one for the Stars) and have been contenders longer, without recent success. Stars only chance was really to impose their strong D game on them, be physical, and get timely scoring from the bigs. Without 2/3 of the FCC line, and Johns, we are diminished in that regard, reducing our chances from about 40% to win to less than 25% (approximate).

We hopefully have enough pride, etc. to win at least one more game so it is a respectable showing.

As always, just MHO, and Go Stars! Hoping I am wrong for one of the few times in my life.....

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The only thing giving me solace is Tampa and their "wilting gene". They just seemingly collapse at some point in important series - they've done it 4 times in a row now. But that also suggests to me that they'll work even harder to prevent that from happening again.

I think their new and improved 3rd line really helps prevent that, though. BriseBois really deserves a lot of credit for building that line. It really opens up the rest of the team to do what they want.

If we can take both of these games, we obviously have a chance. If we don't get both, I don't think we have much of a shot left.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Bishop would fold early and often. Guy has nothing upstairs, especially against his old team. I'd rather keep going with Dobby.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'd rather play Oettinger now than try Bishop again. I know the games allways had been mostly over when he was put in but the team in front of him protected him very well . He's now played 2 full periods and still hasn't surrendered a goal and the team never allowed a grade A chance for him to have to save.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I’m down for Oettinger as well. Dude seems like a gamer and Tampa certainly wouldn’t have a read on him.

Realistically Khudobin starts every game of this series though and that’s fine.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Also I have the strongest feeling that whoever wins tonight wins tomorrow as well

Dunno why

Honestly getting blown out 5-2 might've been a good thing. It forces us to really reconsider everything we're doing and make multiple adjustments. Tampa probably wants to go with the status quo and shouldn't be changing too much.

If we can get the first goal I'll feel much better about the game. Cannot start off down 3-0 or 2-0, especially if the goals come off of very correctable mistakes (dumb penalties, not just dumping the puck, etc.).

I still feel like the series is over already - I just feel drained and defeated and Tampa looks too dominant, but I would love to be wrong.

I have a similar feeling. Whoever wins tonight imo wins the series. If it's the Stars I hope I'm right :laugh:

They need to do what no team in these playoffs has done before, and that's win back to back games against Tampa

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
God I wish I could be excited for this game. My spirit is crushed after that 2nd period. The Stars better be more resilient to their losses than I am (I’m sure they are).

My only hope is that Tampa got a huge boost out of Stamkos coming back in the last game and they can’t match that play and energy again in this series.

Go Stars!

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
I have a pit in my stomach for this one. If we lose this one we’re done. I imagine the team knows that too.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I’m down for Oettinger as well. Dude seems like a gamer and Tampa certainly wouldn’t have a read on him.

Realistically Khudobin starts every game of this series though and that’s fine.

I doubt Oettinger happens, because it would be waving the white flag, but if they lose tonight, and feel they have blown it, it would certainly be a chance to balance out future interests vs present ones. I doubt any Cup finalist has ever used any game of the Finals to audition players for future roles. Heck, may as well put in Harley and JRob if we are going to do that. Won't happen, and if the league saw all those guys in warm ups, they would probably send a memo to cut that crap out, LOL.

Teemu Nymander

Aug 30, 2020
Dallas needs to make adjustments to the first line and to PP1. The first line has worked one or two games during the entire playoff run. If they haven't found chemistry until now, it won't happen any more. And the biggest single factor has been Seguin. He simply cannot perform at an acceptable level. There is not much you can lose by restructuring first line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad