GDT: SCF Game 3: Blues vs. Bruins| 7 pm CT | NBCSN | Giving them Goosebumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I guess I'm done with the main boards until the series is over, just countless troll posts. I really like having conversations with the team's we are playing but it's impossible this round.

Game 4 is a must win now, just like game 2.

Everyone else’s teams are eliminated so every fan base is commenting on our games on the main board.

LBlues24

May 3, 2017
Again, people will see what they want to see with Pietrangelo. He was the only defenseman driving the play forward into the attacking zone.

I thought he was good tonight as well. I think he scores a big goal in game 4 too, just a hunch

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
The series isn't even halfway over with. We've seen how this team responds after getting their asses handed to them like that. This isn't the same Blues we've all known. They are going to rally after this and come back even harder.

Reactions: mk80

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
Come on Blues, I'm disappointed.
Be better.
tenor (11).gif

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
I think Sundquist brings the kind of energy and playing style that Berube wants from this team. Even though he's "just a 4th liner," he's still a crucial player. Hopefully he and Dunn are both playing on Monday.

Edmundson was just brutal. No other way to look at it. Would love to see Gunny paired up with Petro again.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I seriously feel like we lost the series...the good news? It's not over yet. :yo:

If this is as low as it gets, our timing perfect.

Here's hoping we're better from here on in.

Now, let's win the next 3, boys! :yo:

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
I think Sundquist brings the kind of energy and playing style that Berube wants from this team. Even though he's "just a 4th liner," he's still a crucial player. Hopefully he and Dunn are both playing on Monday.

Edmundson was just brutal. No other way to look at it. Would love to see Gunny paired up with Petro again.
If Sundqvist, Thomas, and Dunn all play on Monday, I like the Blues’ chances.

I don’t want to see Ed play the rest of the series.

Reactions: Spektre and shmotz

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Very concerned after tonight.

After being down 5-1, Blues really could have burned this game to try and wear down Krug, McAvoy and their other D. I don't think Krug was touched once.

Reactions: PocketNines

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I don't think anyone saw that coming, but it did. Again I thought the first 10 minutes of the game were even, and our 3rd period was decent. We really just took the middle 30 minutes off, especially last 10 minutes of the 1st when the Bruins got their 3-0 lead. They were 4/4 on the PP, we were 1/5, and that was our only power play goal all series so far, that's a very telling stat.

Blues0307

May 25, 2009
St. Louis
The Blues came out tentative tonight. Maybe they were nervous to perform in such an important game in front of their home crowd. If so, that's a bad sign. They didn't have the jump in their skates. They were losing most of the races to the puck almost from the start. Then, when things started to go bad, they lost confidence, and became panicky in their own zone when the faster-skating Bruins were hard on the forecheck, and in their faces before they could even control the puck, never mind being able to get off a pass cleanly. I hope they'll come out with determination like they have after almost every loss in this year's playoffs. Then they can win Monday night's game and be tied up again. It seems as if the losing coach adjusts, and his team wins the next game. But, Boston won first, so, The Blues will have to win 2 in a row.

Good post, I noticed that as well. I don't know if it's nerves or what, but sometimes we look really bad at home. Binnington needs to be better, Edmundson looks lost out there, and Perron is more engrossed in extracurriculars than playing hockey, which seems to be his M.O. come playoff time. We really need him to drop the nonsense because his linemates are working their tails off and he's nowhere to be found.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
I don't think anyone saw that coming, but it did. Again I thought the first 10 minutes of the game were even, and our 3rd period was decent. We really just took the middle 30 minutes off, especially last 10 minutes of the 1st when the Bruins got their 3-0 lead. They were 4/4 on the PP, we were 1/5, and that was our only power play goal all series so far, that's a very telling stat.
I don’t even think the second period was that bad aside from the first half of it.

End of first-beginning of the second was an avalanche of bad play that was too large to overcome. The third period looked decent.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I wonder how differently that game turns out if they call Carlo for the crosscheck on O'Reilly before the Coyle goal.

Reactions: LBlues24

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
I guess I'm done with the main boards until the series is over, just countless troll posts. I really like having conversations with the team's we are playing but it's impossible this round.

Game 4 is a must win now, just like game 2.

Yeah, the main board is nothing but a bunch of salty Sharks fans whining and Boston fans, who usually love physical hockey, calling every single hit on their players high and dirty.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I don’t even think the second period was that bad aside from the first half of it.

End of first-beginning of the second was an avalanche of bad play that was too large to overcome. The third period looked decent.
Yeah I'm kind of lumping the 2nd period all together, but I agree the 2nd the half of it wasn't completely bad. The problem was by the time they got it together the damage was done and too much to overcome, again just a lack of a 60 minute effort tonight cost us.

I'm just hoping they laid the egg tonight to have 3 great wins before the end of this series. I'm still thinking this goes at least 6 games, and even possibly 7.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I wonder how differently that game turns out if they call Carlo for the crosscheck on O'Reilly before the Coyle goal.
blues still lose but officiating is indeed dog shit this series. 2 standards for 2 teams but blues gotta play smarter and binny got to be better

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Binnington was a big reason we lost tonight. But there's no question that he starts until we're done playing.

Tell me please how the goals were on Binnington?

1. Incredible deflection from Bergeron while not a single Dman thought it might be prudent to tie up his stick in front of the net.
2. 3 Blues are back ( 2 on D and 1 back checking ) and they let a cross ice pass go through all 3 of them because not a single one had their sticks on the ice.
3. So you're telling me our huge ass Dman Eddy isn't strong enough to fight and win a puck battle at the blue line and then all Petro wants to do is make the most incredible screen imaginable. Binnington couldn't even see a shot happened until it was already through Petro's legs.
4. Deflection from our own Dman in front of the net.
5. Pasta was basically camped out by himself so long in front of the net that he could have received mail to his new address. Not a single Dman gave a f***.

I don't know if you're aware but when a shot is coming on net and the human body is reacting to that shot and mid air it is deflected a goalie simply cannot react fast enough to make a save based on anything other than luck. That's why positioning is so important. You're playing the odds. Ya sure Binny didn't look good but no goalie does when they let in 5 goals but to say they're a big reason we lost when you don't look at how those goals were scored is a load of horse shit. I would rather have a goalie that gets beat like this every game than f***ing Allen sliding himself into the f***ing corner out of net and giving up empty netters like he does every game.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
We played like shit. Bench Eddie. If we were not hurting for depth I’d bench Perron for his f***ing bush league shit he pulled. Feel like today was the day I went from Perron defender to “welp at least the expansion draft isn’t far away”

I’ve said I don’t expect this team to not fight back but without Thomas and Dunn I just don’t think we have the horses right now. The 3rd line was invisible today without Thomas.

Dumb Nuck

Apr 17, 2015
North Vancouver
God I hate the Bruins and I’m glad the Blues are in the finals, they’re the only team that can stand up to them.

First game they we out hit, putting it nicely.

Second game they showed why they could win.

Tonight, good first period but then they sucked, my biggest worry, they were in a position to inflict some damage and they chose to play hockey, this might be the fatal flaw.

Go Blues, I seriously hate the Bruins, please bring me some joy.

Reactions: bearcountry17

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
We played like ****. Bench Eddie. If we were not hurting for depth I’d bench Perron for his ****ing bush league **** he pulled. Feel like today was the day I went from Perron defender to “welp at least the expansion draft isn’t far away”

I’ve said I don’t expect this team to not fight back but without Thomas and Dunn I just don’t think we have the horses right now. The 3rd line was invisible today without Thomas.
thats mainly b/c of fabbri. maroon drilled the post and i thought was alright.

fabbri is gonna be tradebait this offseason for sure. team like toronto or edmonton would probably love to bring someone like him in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad