GDT: SCF Game 3: Blues vs. Bruins| 7 pm CT | NBCSN | Giving them Goosebumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I don't feel we've had a game decided by the refs in this series. Based on decades of watching hockey, I feel like as always there are plenty of opportunities throughout a series to feel aggrieved about what should or shouldn't have been called. What you don't want is to feel like the refs took a deserved win away. That's why people will talk about Vegas San Jose G7 forever, because that obviously happened. That hasn't happened in this series so as the years go by if Boston winds up winning I won't spend it regretting the breaks we didn't get thru the first 3 games.

If you want this particular trophy, you overcome that.

Which this Blues team has already done a bunch of times. If they can't do it this time it's not about their character, it's about the Bruins being better. This is a tough opponent. No obvious weaknesses. Very experienced. Deep and know how to play momentum in the Final.

They absolutely have to not put themselves in the 50-50 call situations like the Perron center ice interference that signaled the turn of the game. Penalties like that are Quibble Flytraps.
Well said.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Prior to last night, Boston was 20% on the PP in the series. Missing one of our best PKers, shaky goaltending, and a shell shocked team last night. Just one of those awful awful games

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Lost game 3 in a very tragic way too. It was a huge wakeup call and Blues got mad and won 3 straight.

Do it again.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
If you do watch it, pay attention to every time Krug touched the puck in the early going and look where he sent it and hear the footsteps he was hearing. Then he winds up with a four-point night. That was the most dispiriting part, that the strategy seemed to lose focus as the score changed and that's never been this Blues team in the 2019 playoffs.

You have to give the Bruins credit for playing that kind of road game in that kind of atmosphere. That was a championship win. If they win they will deserve the Cup and if the Blues come back from that they will deserve the Cup. Either way, it looks like the Cup will be lifted by the more deserving team and in many ways all these years the lurking background paranoia of maybe one day finally getting to this moment and somehow being robbed ... thankfully that's not the feeling.

When they went down 2-1 to the Sharks it was enraging because we sensed that the Blues were in the middle of winning five straight games after turnovering G1 away. I do not sense anything similar after three games with Boston.
Well, I just finished watching the game. There isn't really much I can add that hasn't been posted here already, but I agree with what you observed about Krug. There is no question he looked gun shy at the beginning of the game, and as the game progressed it became very evident that he is an crucial part of their offense. Krug, like Klingberg in the Dallas series, is exceptionally dangerous, but can be thrown off his game if he is keyed on physically. This does not mean mugging him! (Are you listening, David Perron?) He just needs to be challenged early. He will cough up the puck with just the threat of a hit. This is what we have to do, disrupt their transition game. It worked with Klingberg against Dallas, we threw him off his game by focusing on him. If we can forecheck mercilessly and not give them time to set up, we have a chance of winning this series. We also need to be more disciplined. This has been repeated ad nauseum, I know, but it is so essential. We can't sustain that kind of energy when we are constantly on the PK. Again, as others have stated, Binnington has to be better, and I honestly think he will. Finally, words do not express how angry I am at David Perron. He has the hockey IQ of a gnat!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->