GDT: SCF Game 3: Blues vs. Bruins| 7 pm CT | NBCSN | Giving them Goosebumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
thats mainly b/c of fabbri. maroon drilled the post and i thought was alright.

fabbri is gonna be tradebait this offseason for sure. team like toronto or edmonton would probably love to bring someone like him in

With all the money Florida is gonna spend on Panarin and Bob, I’d like to use him in a deal for Hoffman.

As far as this game: It sucked. Let’s move on from it like we always have.

Win Game 4 and we’re back to a best of 3.

Reactions: Mud the ACAS

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Very concerned after tonight.

After being down 5-1, Blues really could have burned this game to try and wear down Krug, McAvoy and their other D. I don't think Krug was touched once.

This team f***ed over its fans tonight at home. It's an epic f*** over. First SCF game at home in nearly 50 years and they play like a mens beer league team.

Inexcusable, pathetic, and embarrassing.

I'm sad and furious.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
This team ****ed over its fans tonight at home. It's an epic **** over. First SCF game at home in nearly 50 years and they play like a mens beer league team.

Inexcusable, pathetic, and embarrassing.

I'm sad and furious.
well hopefully they can make it up over the next 3 games

need to play smarter, better goaltending and PP need to stop being a piece of shit. they dont get blown the f*** out 7-2 if we score the first goal of the game on that early PP.

RaleighBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Been up since 4:45. Literally can’t sleep because this game bothered me so much. I get that the Bruins are good. They’re likely more talented than the Blues. That being said, there’s just no excuse for a showing like that at home. It’s a complete collapse. Better see a bounce back on Monday. They’re better than this.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Been up since 4:45. Literally can’t sleep because this game bothered me so much. I get that the Bruins are good. They’re likely more talented than the Blues. That being said, there’s just no excuse for a showing like that at home. It’s a complete collapse. Better see a bounce back on Monday. They’re better than this.
its just 1 game. would it really be that much better if blues outplayed them and lost 2-1 in triple OT? i prefer to lose like this because it will piss the team off and make em play better in the rest of the series. look what happen last round when the team got pissed off. same exact spot.

a loss is a loss it all counts the same and i didnt see anything special from boston 5on5 so keep it 5on5 and blues will win 3 more games. for as much hype as the bruins top line gets, they look mediocre 5on5 and are getting outplayed by ours 5on5.

RaleighBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Raleigh, NC
its just 1 game. would it really be that much better if blues outplayed them and lost 2-1 in triple OT? i prefer to lose like this because it will piss the team off and make em play better in the rest of the series. look what happen last round when the team got pissed off. same exact spot.

a loss is a loss it all counts the same and i didnt see anything special from boston 5on5 so keep it 5on5 and blues will win 3 more games. for as much hype as the bruins top line gets, they look mediocre 5on5 and are getting outplayed by ours 5on5.

I just think the fans deserved better. If I had spent $600 on a ticket, then a 2-1 OT loss would’ve been better. I do agree with a loss is a loss though. Blues can make a statement Monday.

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
I just think the fans deserved better. If I had spent $600 on a ticket, then a 2-1 OT loss would’ve been better. I do agree with a loss is a loss though. Blues can make a statement Monday.
ya well they are blues fans so they are use to spending hundreds and watching a shit fest on home ice

i remember going to brett hull jersey retirement night, what a game and effort.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I couldn't think of comments that would not come off as 'trolling'.

Suffice it to say - I am very glad I turned down buying my friend's seats for $3000.

Hope you guys are staying dry and out of the flooded areas. I spent 2 days helping a friend evacuate his business, and I am worn out - almost slept through the Blues game (kinda wish I had).

Where is everyone watching the game Monday? I took off work Monday night but I don't know if I am going to go watch with friends or do Ballpark Village or something. Ronnie's theater worked out okay for game 3, but the crowd was a little too small for my taste (but people kept leaving after each goal....so yea....).

Reactions: mk80

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I am frustrated by Edmundson's play too, but if Dunn isn't ready, (which seems likely), who do we play? I don't like the MDZ idea. If you think Edmundson is a turnover machine, just wait until you see MDZ. A rusty MDZ at that. Sure he hits, but he isn't known for his defensive play. I think we are stuck with Edmundson. Let's hope he somehow improves.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I have this game recorded, but I don't really want to watch it. Reading this thread and seeing the highlights were bad enough. I'm off for a couple of days, I might be around for Monday's game. I hope they return pissed off!

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Every series we have one majorly embarassing home game. This was hopefully it. Everyone dropped the ball early on and it snowballed into what it became. I'm not worried. We just need to play our game and physically wear them out. We've been here before, we just need to inflict it one last time.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Every series we have one majorly embarassing home game. This was hopefully it. Everyone dropped the ball early on and it snowballed into what it became. I'm not worried. We just need to play our game and physically wear them out. We've been here before, we just need to inflict it one last time.
God I hope you are right.

But our two Achilles Heels (things we gave seen all season) are killing us right now:

1) special teams
2) home ice performance

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
I am frustrated by Edmundson's play too, but if Dunn isn't ready, (which seems likely), who do we play? I don't like the MDZ idea. If you think Edmundson is a turnover machine, just wait until you see MDZ. A rusty MDZ at that. Sure he hits, but he isn't known for his defensive play. I think we are stuck with Edmundson. Let's hope he somehow improves.

Your post is spot on. In a cap era, every team has their players who cause the team headaches. MDZ was brought in as an insurance policy not as a Eddy replacement. MDZ would not be a suitable non emergency replacement. Eddy is capable of having a great game just like the rest of his teammates. Last night was a team disaster.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Your post is spot on. In a cap era, every team has their players who cause the team headaches. MDZ was brought in as an insurance policy not as a Eddy replacement. MDZ would not be a suitable non emergency replacement. Eddy is capable of having a great game just like the rest of his teammates. Last night was a team disaster.

It's amazing how they all just quit on that game.

Reactions: STL BLUES

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
Our best home game against Winnipeg was when the team stayed at a local hotel. They played their best home game. I hope they do the same for Monday’s game.

Last edited:

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Tell me please how the goals were on Binnington?

1. Incredible deflection from Bergeron while not a single Dman thought it might be prudent to tie up his stick in front of the net.
2. 3 Blues are back ( 2 on D and 1 back checking ) and they let a cross ice pass go through all 3 of them because not a single one had their sticks on the ice.
3. So you're telling me our huge ass Dman Eddy isn't strong enough to fight and win a puck battle at the blue line and then all Petro wants to do is make the most incredible screen imaginable. Binnington couldn't even see a shot happened until it was already through Petro's legs.
4. Deflection from our own Dman in front of the net.
5. Pasta was basically camped out by himself so long in front of the net that he could have received mail to his new address. Not a single Dman gave a ****.

I don't know if you're aware but when a shot is coming on net and the human body is reacting to that shot and mid air it is deflected a goalie simply cannot react fast enough to make a save based on anything other than luck. That's why positioning is so important. You're playing the odds. Ya sure Binny didn't look good but no goalie does when they let in 5 goals but to say they're a big reason we lost when you don't look at how those goals were scored is a load of horse ****. I would rather have a goalie that gets beat like this every game than ****ing Allen sliding himself into the ****ing corner out of net and giving up empty netters like he does every game.

Goals 3, 4, and 5 were brutal goals that have to be saved. Full stop.

Goal 3: you can't be letting in shots from beyond the circles with 7 seconds left. There's 1 guy in the way that's not enough traffic to be excused.

Goal 4: when the shooter is in close to the goalie, the goalie has the advantage. Binnington panic committed and got burned because of it. What a goalie should be doing is staying big and making the forward commit, giving no room to shoot. Binner bit and got taken out of the play for an open goal.

Goal 5: One person in the way, the puck is barely deflected, Binnington flubs it on his glove. It's just a bad goal.

It's the Stanley Cup final. The time for excuses is gone. Binnington has earned the net for the whole way, but he 100% MUST be better if we're going to win.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Goals 3, 4, and 5 were brutal goals that have to be saved. Full stop.

Goal 3: you can't be letting in shots from beyond the circles with 7 seconds left. There's 1 guy in the way that's not enough traffic to be excused.

Goal 4: when the shooter is in close to the goalie, the goalie has the advantage. Binnington panic committed and got burned because of it. What a goalie should be doing is staying big and making the forward commit, giving no room to shoot. Binner bit and got taken out of the play for an open goal.

Goal 5: One person in the way, the puck is barely deflected, Binnington flubs it on his glove. It's just a bad goal.

It's the Stanley Cup final. The time for excuses is gone. Binnington has earned the net for the whole way, but he 100% MUST be better if we're going to win.

Binny showed signs of deteriorated play in game 2 with two 5 hole goals that he should have had. He's trending downward I'm afraid. Allen should be the answer, but he will need a miracle performance like against the Wild years ago to make a difference.

This team is flat on it's back right now.

They only have two options at this point:

1) play like their lives depend on the outcome
2) play anything other than option #1

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Tell me please how the goals were on Binnington?

1. Incredible deflection from Bergeron while not a single Dman thought it might be prudent to tie up his stick in front of the net.
2. 3 Blues are back ( 2 on D and 1 back checking ) and they let a cross ice pass go through all 3 of them because not a single one had their sticks on the ice.
3. So you're telling me our huge ass Dman Eddy isn't strong enough to fight and win a puck battle at the blue line and then all Petro wants to do is make the most incredible screen imaginable. Binnington couldn't even see a shot happened until it was already through Petro's legs.
4. Deflection from our own Dman in front of the net.
5. Pasta was basically camped out by himself so long in front of the net that he could have received mail to his new address. Not a single Dman gave a ****.

I don't know if you're aware but when a shot is coming on net and the human body is reacting to that shot and mid air it is deflected a goalie simply cannot react fast enough to make a save based on anything other than luck. That's why positioning is so important. You're playing the odds. Ya sure Binny didn't look good but no goalie does when they let in 5 goals but to say they're a big reason we lost when you don't look at how those goals were scored is a load of horse ****. I would rather have a goalie that gets beat like this every game than ****ing Allen sliding himself into the ****ing corner out of net and giving up empty netters like he does every game.

To start off with my post, I don't think I've seen anyone blame Binnington for the first two goals and I don't blame him for those either.

The other 3 on the other hand are in part to his own play.

Goal 3 by Kuraly:

Regardless if Petro was somehow screening Binnington, getting beat 5 hole in the last seconds of a period is not good.

Goal 4 by Pasta:

It was a break down defensively and he shouldn't have been left open like that, but, Binnington got beat backhand by over committing.

Goal 5 by Krug:

Binnington read the puck well enough to have the puck hit his glove as he was tracking it but didn't catch it. Of the 3 bad goals I think Binnington gave up, this might be the weakest of the 3.

SaintLouHaintBlue

Have another donut
Feb 22, 2014
Michigan
My first reaction was that Binnington being completely hung out to dry was primarily to blame for most of the game (and he was) - but...
...the more I look at the goals against Binnington... the more stoppable they seem in retrospect. Those really should have been stopped by better awareness and better positioning. On the Kuraly goal, he seemed surprised by the shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad