GDT: SCF Game 3: Blues vs. Bruins| 7 pm CT | NBCSN | Giving them Goosebumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
allen doesnt sniff the net. did you see the bruins 7th goal? garbage. he barely saw any shots anyways, probably under 5 total.

binny has a amazing w/l record after a loss. blues will respond and win but they really pissed away a great shot to win the cup at home. gonna be hard to win atleast 2 games in boston in a series, good home team.

story of the playoffs if they lose will be the craptacular home record and PP.

I'm not saying Allen should start as much as I am saying Binnington did not look good at all. And it isn't like Game 1 in SJ, Game 2 vs Dallas, Game 3 vs Winnipeg.

The team looked terrible around him in the 1st period after the 10 minute mark, but so did Binnington. The goal at the end of the 1st was bad.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I guess I'm done with the main boards until the series is over, just countless troll posts. I really like having conversations with the team's we are playing but it's impossible this round.

Game 4 is a must win now, just like game 2.

The main boards are full of hatred, arrogance, and salt....

I'm done there too. It's just some trolling gone wild.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The Blues came out tentative tonight. Maybe they were nervous to perform in such an important game in front of their home crowd. If so, that's a bad sign. They didn't have the jump in their skates. They were losing most of the races to the puck almost from the start. Then, when things started to go bad, they lost confidence, and became panicky in their own zone when the faster-skating Bruins were hard on the forecheck, and in their faces before they could even control the puck, never mind being able to get off a pass cleanly. I hope they'll come out with determination like they have after almost every loss in this year's playoffs. Then they can win Monday night's game and be tied up again. It seems as if the losing coach adjusts, and his team wins the next game. But, Boston won first, so, The Blues will have to win 2 in a row.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I'm not saying Allen should start as much as I am saying Binnington did not look good at all. And it isn't like Game 1 in SJ, Game 2 vs Dallas, Game 3 vs Winnipeg.

The team looked terrible around him in the 1st period after the 10 minute mark, but so did Binnington. The goal at the end of the 1st was bad.
That puck definitely deflected off Pietrangelo and I don’t think Binny saw it. Would like him to stop that shot, but that goal’s on the forwards and D who sat there and watched that sequence happen.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
We need to play our best game of the season lol n Monday. We go back to Boston down 3-1 and we’re in deep trouble.
I feel comfortable in saying I think the Blues have to win the next 3 to win the series.

I don't see them winning a Game 7 at Boston.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
I guess I'm done with the main boards until the series is over, just countless troll posts. I really like having conversations with the team's we are playing but it's impossible this round.

Game 4 is a must win now, just like game 2.

Don't even mess with main boards. I ticked off a few people arguing how they want Pietrangelo suspended for his slash on ENG. So I said McAvoy slash is suspendable too then since he swung his stick like baseball bat.

Reactions: blues hillbilly

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
sanford the only blue with a positive +-

he deserves to play G4.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Looking at the boxscore and two things stick out to me:

1. The Blues outshot the Bruins by 2 shots-I didn't think Rask was really contested at all.

2. The Blues went 1/5 on the PP. Bruins went 4/4. Blues cannot let the Bruins play 5 v 4. Additionally, the PP has to be better.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Feels weird saying this, but I'm not worried.

I think we win the next 3 games.

Reactions: Spektre

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
giphy.gif

Honestly expected way more from Petro. He looked pretty abysmal in this game, but maybe it's because he was on the ice with Eddy, who looked like a 3rd pairing AHLer tonight.

Again, people will see what they want to see with Pietrangelo. He was the only defenseman driving the play forward into the attacking zone.

Reactions: RORbacon

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Feels weird saying this, but I'm not worried.

I think we win the next 3 games.

I'm not either. We've seen this in 2 games prior to tonights egg. G3 vs Winnipeg and I think G1 vs San Jose.

Reactions: shmotz

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

Binnington was a big reason we lost tonight. But there's no question that he starts until we're done playing.

Reactions: Brian39

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I'm not either. We've seen this in 2 games prior to tonights egg. G3 vs Winnipeg and I think G1 vs San Jose.
Exactly, and after those games the Blues came out on fire. This team is resilient.

Binnington will be better and the team will be embarrassed/fired up for game 4. They get to spend the next couple days staring at that number 7 on the box score and getting madder and madder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad