Pre-Game Talk: SCF GAME 3 - 6/1 - 8:21 PM - The B's look to regain home ice advantage

Which team wins Game 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
this ****ing guy is taking shots at the Bruins leadership when it took a sitdown with a guy who is currently on the Bruins to turn his team's season around?
tenor.gif

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The blues played pretty well on Wednesday but they are a far inferior team. Their entire strategy is just run everyone (what else would you expect when they have huge POS coaches like berube and Steve Ott) but they are SLOW. They are Bruins before the transition slow. The aren't particularly skilled either, outside of a few guys. They've only scored one clean goal so far and they seem to have trouble getting clean looks. Everything is greasy and takes a ton of work. It's very hard to win that way against a faster, more skilled team. The Bruins really got back on their heels when Gryz got hurt, but I don't expect that to be the case again going forward.

I expect a much better performance from the top 6 tomorrow and if they get a quick lead, I don't think St. Louis has the guns to get back into it against a strong defensive team.

Also - low key, second worst fan base we've encountered this playoffs. I was not expecting that.

Blues are in the finals. They've beaten better teams than the Bruins have to get here.

Have some respect.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Blues are in the finals. They've beaten better teams than the Bruins have to get here.

Have some respect.

Stars wouldn't have been in the playoffs in the east by 5 points.
San Jose had an absurd amount of injuries (also their star players)
Winnipeg I suppose would have been their hardest opponent but the Jets didn't play very well this year.

Not really seeing those teams as better, though the Blues are for sure a good team. I thought these 2 teams might end up in the finals after we finished up our last regular season game.

Reactions: Smitty93

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
If Bergy is hurt we're are in trouble.
My Bergyless lineup:

Marchy Kuraly Pasta
JD Krejci Koolman
Johansen Coyle Heinen
Nord Acciari Backes

Reactions: TCB

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Why not come out skate for a bit and head in to keep the speculating out of it

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
This team has shown resiliency all season long. They have broken records and curses, beat the odds, stepped up, and just lost a game after winning eight in a row IN THE PLAYOFFS. I think they deserve some optimism that they will do whatever it takes to win. They lost in OT after losing a defenseman in the first period. The Blues scored a flukey goal off Gryzz, Binnington looked very ordinary. Keep the faith,

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Patrick Maroon reminds me of that Bill Belichick quote about Freddie Mitchell: "All he does is talk. He's terrible, and you can print that. I was happy when he was in the game."

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006

Have some respect.

1) take your own advice, tough guy.

2) that's not empirically true. The jets were a bad team post Jan 1. They gave up way more chances than they got. The stars wouldn't have made the playoffs in the east and the sharks had 4 of their 6 best players injured when the blues pulled away. I specifically said they are a good team but the eye test and the numbers point to the Bruins being better across the board.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Cameras caught him sprint testing his groin before OT and he slammed his stick in disgust on his knees and did not take a number of important face offs when he was on the ice which were usually a given .

I noticed he wasn't on for key faceoffs.. move him to second line.
Well if he's hurt this is certainly a key injury I was referring too
Can't have any key player injured in order to.win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad