GDT: SCF: Game 2 | NBCSN 7 P.M. | Bounce Back Blues

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
If the league suspends Sundqvist it's just another example of them punishing the result and not the the intent. Sundqvist is going in on the forecheck, Gryz puts himself in an AWFUL position by trying to fake out the oncoming checkers, gets hit and hurt. Can't turn your back at the last nanosecond and pretend the hitter is supposed to come to a complete stop to avoid hitting you in the back. This play happens a thousand times a game and is only being punished because Gryz was hurt. They slammed Blais's head into the glass after he put himself in a bad position, but he didn't get injured so play on. It's unjustifiably stupid that you can have a dangerous play like Krug charging 150 feet to hit Thomas in the head go unpunished(and glorified by the NHL), but Sundqvist goes in on the forecheck and hits a guy who put himself into a terrible situation and they're looking at further discipline. Two minutes was understandable. The guy was hurt on the play and it was a hit from behind(though only because Gryz made it one). The fans would've been irate if there wasn't a penalty. I get it. Anything more than that is an absolute joke and would further instill in me that the league has a clear agenda here. Blues had the puck for 75% of the game last night, but Boston only had one guy commit any infractions all night? That's horse****. Blues showed their stuff by winning a game that was terribly one-sided(by a guy from Boston, go figure).

Agree 100%. We know from the replays that the Bruins committed numerous infractions that weren't called, and made some questionable calls on the Blues that shouldn't have been called. Oh well. It is what it is, one team is always bound to get better calls than the other.

The fact that the Blues have prevailed and dominated the play despite being 5 on 8 so far is a sign that we can put the refs aside and still play our game. The PK is key this series.

bluebird enthusiast

Dec 3, 2014
Wanted to get my post in:

If you thought this board gets salty after a loss, I don't think it holds a candle to how the Boston board deals with it. New England is hockey crazy

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Beat this dirty p.o.s. team and their even more p.o.s. fans. They are the most arrogant and ignorant bunch of fans there are. Go Blues!!!!!!

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
So who replaces Sunny for game 3? I’m assuming Thomas will be back, so do we put the Fabbri-Barbashev-Steen line back together? Or does one of Sanford/MacEachern/Nolan get in?
I wouldn’t assume that - little chance Thomas plays on Saturday. Either Nolan or MacEachern will fill in, I’d assume, for Sundqvist if he’s suspended.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
So let's say Sunny gets a 5 minute major, but Gryz still gets hurt. Does he see a suspension? Why do we decide to draw a line in player safety whenever someone receives a major penalty or not? What I've heard is that if Sundqvist received said 5 minute major, he probably wouldn't get suspended, but because he didn't, now he's more inclined to get suspended. If the hit is bad, end of discussion, then there deserves to be a suspension for it, regardless if it's someone on my team or not.

I concede that the hit was a board, I'll give that to the refs and Bruins. What I don't concede is that this is a malicious hit or intent to injure (namely hit the head), and I believe if Gryz had not been falling down, he would have been shoulder checked, but still boarded. Did Grzelcyk put himself in a dangerous position? Idk, maybe he did, maybe he didn't. The fact that he shied away from contact while trying to rim the puck around the boards definitely put him off balance. I think Sundqvist should absolutely be fined if he isn't suspended. I'm on the fence on whether he should be suspended or not because there have been plenty of hits similar to this which haven't resulted in a suspension. If he is suspended, I really don't think it should be for more than a game since Kucherov's hit was WAY dirtier and also in the first round.

The precedent is set, follow the precedent. That's all we ask for. Having said that, I definitely feel for Grzelcyk and hope he recovers.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I'd rather have MacMac or Jordan Nolan slot in for the game. If Dunn is ready, I could see running 7D with him.

I'm hopeful Thomas can return for Game 4, Berube's comments definitely indicate that he's out for Game 3, but I haven't read anything that makes me think he is done for the whole series. We'll see.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
bruins will get a PP GWG and yes it will be due to a horrible call
WRONG!!
giphy.gif

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Sit Fabs and run out both Nolan and MacEachern. If Boston wants to whine, we can give them something to whine about.

I'd rather make them whine by winning the game. I'm not the biggest of Fabbri honks at the moment, but I think we are worse with Nolan in then Fabbri by a good deal.

Reactions: Edgar Carrow

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Just want to say, I called a split before game 1. This is exactly the type of game that the Blues will play to win the cup. A real heavy man's game. Right up the Blues alley. I only see them getting stronger as the series goes. 1 down 3 to go.
As always, happy to have you on our side Winter Soldier :thumbu:

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
TBH I would feel more comfortable with Nolan on the 4th line than anyone else. We started playing better around the time he was in the line up earlier this season. He's not pretty but he works his ass off and plays a simple game. Also he's been here and done it before.

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
I'd rather make them whine by winning the game. I'm not the biggest of Fabbri honks at the moment, but I think we are worse with Nolan in then Fabbri by a good deal.
Im speaking from a fan perspective. Obviously Berube should ice the best team he can, and im a big Fabs fan. Still sounds fun to pound their defense to a pulp while winning.

Mafisen

Oct 14, 2018
If the league suspends Sundqvist it's just another example of them punishing the result and not the the intent. Sundqvist is going in on the forecheck, Gryz puts himself in an AWFUL position by trying to fake out the oncoming checkers, gets hit and hurt. Can't turn your back at the last nanosecond and pretend the hitter is supposed to come to a complete stop to avoid hitting you in the back. This play happens a thousand times a game and is only being punished because Gryz was hurt. They slammed Blais's head into the glass after he put himself in a bad position, but he didn't get injured so play on. It's unjustifiably stupid that you can have a dangerous play like Krug charging 150 feet to hit Thomas in the head go unpunished(and glorified by the NHL), but Sundqvist goes in on the forecheck and hits a guy who put himself into a terrible situation and they're looking at further discipline. Two minutes was understandable. The guy was hurt on the play and it was a hit from behind(though only because Gryz made it one). The fans would've been irate if there wasn't a penalty. I get it. Anything more than that is an absolute joke and would further instill in me that the league has a clear agenda here. Blues had the puck for 75% of the game last night, but Boston only had one guy commit any infractions all night? That's horse****. Blues showed their stuff by winning a game that was terribly one-sided(by a guy from Boston, go figure).

What's the rule in the NHL? Ahead of last season, the rule got changed in Sweden. It's now the act, not the outcome that decides of it's a penalty or not. It's worked very well.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
What's the rule in the NHL? Ahead of last season, the rule got changed in Sweden. It's now the act, not the outcome that decides of it's a penalty or not. It's worked very well.

Reactionary as always. If the dude didn't get hurt then no penalty. The NHL literally lives by the motto no harm no foul.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad